The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

19 y/o Student, ZERO Student Debt, Taking the First Step

GhostyNoox

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 25, 2020
United States
Hello all!

Let me just preface by saying WOW. This forum is something else. As someone who used to browse r/entrepreneur and thought I was actually bettering myself, I am blown away. The experience and knowledge coming from the users on this forum is almost overwhelming.

Anyways, who am I? I'm a 19 y/o college student majoring in Business Administration. Thanks to scholarships I earned and good decisions in high school I'm going to graduate from college with absolutely ZERO dollars in student loans. Not a penny owed. I'm proud to say that I will have achieved this, and won't have to take on any debt in which I would have to enslave myself for 40 years to repay. I think this puts me a step ahead of many others who weren't as farsighted as I was when they made their choices for higher education.

When I'm not at college, I'm working in a pizza place back home - or, rather, I WAS working at a pizza place back home. That was until I quit two weeks ago. At first I loved my job! I had kind bosses, a routine schedule, and I took pride in what little work I did. Then the ugly truth reared its head. Bosses became less kind and began to micromanage, nit-picking every little thing I did. My schedule changed to where I was working the busiest, longest shifts, with no recognition or increased pay. I lost my sense of pride as I found myself being ordered around day in and day out. Even the "promotion" I received carried no meaning to me. "Cover this shift, Ghosty!" or "Ghosty, I know you just worked the busy night shift but I need you in here tomorrow morning to open for me," became frequently heard lines. I couldn't take being treated like a tool, working for someone else, stuck in the Slowlane equation of hourly wage x hours worked. So, I started looking for a way out.

I began reading, trying to better myself and become more knowledgeable. A few books in, I discovered MJ and The Millionaire Fastlane . (Ordering Unscripted after this post goes up! :D) I read TMF straight through in two days and immediately signed up for this forum. I feel like I've been under a spell my whole life, and it has finally been lifted. I've always had interest in business, being my own boss, and being in total control of my life, but like MJ says, just being interested will get you nowhere. So, this is me taking my first step towards entrepreneurship, towards taking control. Sure, I'm young. Inexperienced. I don't know where to start. But today, I'm rejecting the Script handed to us and committing myself to pursuing freedom. Cheers everyone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

abhishekk_33

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jun 14, 2020
Bihar,India
Hello all!

Let me just preface by saying WOW. This forum is something else. As someone who used to browse r/entrepreneur and thought I was actually bettering myself, I am blown away. The experience and knowledge coming from the users on this forum is almost overwhelming.

Anyways, who am I? I'm a 19 y/o college student majoring in Business Administration. Thanks to scholarships I earned and good decisions in high school I'm going to graduate from college with absolutely ZERO dollars in student loans. Not a penny owed. I'm proud to say that I will have achieved this, and won't have to take on any debt in which I would have to enslave myself for 40 years to repay. I think this puts me a step ahead of many others who weren't as farsighted as I was when they made their choices for higher education.

When I'm not at college, I'm working in a pizza place back home - or, rather, I WAS working at a pizza place back home. That was until I quit two weeks ago. At first I loved my job! I had kind bosses, a routine schedule, and I took pride in what little work I did. Then the ugly truth reared its head. Bosses became less kind and began to micromanage, nit-picking every little thing I did. My schedule changed to where I was working the busiest, longest shifts, with no recognition or increased pay. I lost my sense of pride as I found myself being ordered around day in and day out. Even the "promotion" I received carried no meaning to me. "Cover this shift, Ghosty!" or "Ghosty, I know you just worked the busy night shift but I need you in here tomorrow morning to open for me," became frequently heard lines. I couldn't take being treated like a tool, working for someone else, stuck in the Slowlane equation of hourly wage x hours worked. So, I started looking for a way out.

I began reading, trying to better myself and become more knowledgeable. A few books in, I discovered MJ and The Millionaire Fastlane . (Ordering Unscripted after this post goes up! :D) I read TMF straight through in two days and immediately signed up for this forum. I feel like I've been under a spell my whole life, and it has finally been lifted. I've always had interest in business, being my own boss, and being in total control of my life, but like MJ says, just being interested will get you nowhere. So, this is me taking my first step towards entrepreneurship, towards taking control. Sure, I'm young. Inexperienced. I don't know where to start. But today, I'm rejecting the Script handed to us and committing myself to pursuing freedom. Cheers everyone.
Welcome to the forum!!
: )

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.