- Joined
- Oct 3, 2007
- Messages
- 1,743
Rep Bank
$1,255
$1,255
User Power: 28%
1800Contacts just executed verbal currency.
What is that?
We've talked about it many times... it's when the value of service or ROI > the transactional value.
Haven't ordered contacts from them in a while, so a simple reorder submission was out of the question. Had to send in valid prescription and there were two on one sheet. (I get options depending on the brand)
After this process I had to jump through the normal hoops of suggested upselling and whatnot, but all was cordial.
Order confirmation comes in email and the contact values look off. I email and suggest accuracy discrepancy and I get a cancellation notice.
First thought... "shit, I'm gonna have to take time out of my day later this afternoon to redo this." = not thrilled
Two hours later, I get a new email from customer service that says they have called the doctors office, verified which prescription values go with which brand, my order has been reconfirmed with my price matched discount, and shipping has been upgraded free of charge to over night and I'll have my contacts in one day.
Effing score!
How did they just make more money than they'll ever loose from me?
Verbal currency.
I'm now free advertising and anyone that I come into contact with about this subject matter will be persuaded to choose them as well.
This is better than anything they can pay for, as you can't pay for passion and authenticity with a reasonable ROI.
Meaning, my outward projections about their company are real and others can feel the authenticity. = ridiculous conversions on new customer induction
Need Contact Lenses? | 1-800 CONTACTS | World's Largest Contact Lens Store®
What is that?
We've talked about it many times... it's when the value of service or ROI > the transactional value.
Haven't ordered contacts from them in a while, so a simple reorder submission was out of the question. Had to send in valid prescription and there were two on one sheet. (I get options depending on the brand)
After this process I had to jump through the normal hoops of suggested upselling and whatnot, but all was cordial.
Order confirmation comes in email and the contact values look off. I email and suggest accuracy discrepancy and I get a cancellation notice.
First thought... "shit, I'm gonna have to take time out of my day later this afternoon to redo this." = not thrilled
Two hours later, I get a new email from customer service that says they have called the doctors office, verified which prescription values go with which brand, my order has been reconfirmed with my price matched discount, and shipping has been upgraded free of charge to over night and I'll have my contacts in one day.
Effing score!
How did they just make more money than they'll ever loose from me?
Verbal currency.
I'm now free advertising and anyone that I come into contact with about this subject matter will be persuaded to choose them as well.
This is better than anything they can pay for, as you can't pay for passion and authenticity with a reasonable ROI.
Meaning, my outward projections about their company are real and others can feel the authenticity. = ridiculous conversions on new customer induction
Need Contact Lenses? | 1-800 CONTACTS | World's Largest Contact Lens Store®

Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
