The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

18 years old. Dedicated and Commited to LIVING the Unscripted life.

Ali Ahsan

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 4, 2019
Seattle
Hello Everyone!

My name is Ali and I am an 18-year old entrepreneur here in Seattle, Washington. I am new to the forum and have been reading many of the posts recently to get myself familiarized with the forum. Tons and tons of valuable information on here and I am so glad I can be a part of this community.

I read Unscripted and TMF about 6 months ago and I can say it has completely shifted my perception in life. I am so grateful for people like MJ DeMarco for making such a big difference in my life, FINALLY, I can say that I have some sort of clarity to what my life is going to look like. Being in high school all my friends and everyone around me seemed to know EXACTLY what they were doing and where they were going but I had NO CLUE. My family members would always ask me what I wanted to do and I couldn't come up with any type of a concrete answer, so they would go on and ask "well, what classes interest you (chemistry? language arts? history?) "NONE". I just never had the same interest in these classes like everyone around me. ANYWAYS, then I started looking into business and right away I knew this was what I was made for, this is my destination!. I just graduated high school 5 days ago and I am looking forward to being able to learn and experience things in accordance with my life-long mission of creating financial independence for myself.

After a LONG conversation with my WHOLE family, I quickly found out that my parents still hold very traditional values in terms of the schooling system and getting a job. I explained to my mom and dad how I was committed and dedicated to making everything I have ever wanted in my life through the help of a Fastlane business, and in a nutshell, the conversation basically ended like this, My parents are married to this idea that a college degree earns you respect. I told her I don't care about what other people think of me because at the end of the day I am going to be the only one living my life and I was not going to shape my life decisions of some other person's respect. She told me that the only thing that would make her happy and satisfied with me, would be if I got an MBA. ( They dont care if I don't get a job with that they just want me to get a degree) And she is going to sell land that she owns to get the funding needed for my schooling ( so I wouldn't pile on debt). I know that I can't live life, knowing in the back of my head that the ONE thing my mom wanted me to do, I did not do for her after everything she has done for me. So I made a decision.

Since my parents want this so bad I am going to spend the next years of my life learning EVERYTHING there is to learn ( FROM THE SCHOOL SYSTEM :( ) about Business and get my MBA while also making time for my own. After that, I should have a better understanding of how things work in business and I will then carry on to pursue my dreams.I know in my heart that living the Unscripted Life and freeing myself from the Script is the only thing that is going to me peace and I am willing to do ANYTHING to get it and I don't care what it is that I will lose along the way.

I am currently doing e-commerce and getting to know more about selling on various platforms like Shopify and Amazon and I have had some good success doing that already so theres a start. Its summer break and I am currently giving all my time in improving myself personally (hitting the gym, constructing healthy habits) and professionally (Product research for Amazon, Learning about Business and networking)

I want to start my Fastlane Journey RIGHT NOW. not later, I know this is a process and takes time, But I am willing to do anything to get started and I don't care what difficulties arise along the way, If I fail I will keep getting back up until I strike that GOLDEN BALL from the gumball machine (absolutely love that analogy)

Business is a risk and I know its a journey, I probably will fail the first time and that's completely fine. I am an entrepreneur and as MJ says "The sweat of success is failure". I will persist and grow my business from the ground up, using everything that MJ has taught me.

I have read both of MJ DeMarco's books and I am currently about to go to Community college for 2 years. here are some of the questions that would really help me in my situation right now,

1. Was my decision with my parents the best way out of that situation? (taking into account that I will not be piling on debt and a business degree can only help me in my journey)
2. What skills can I learn right now that will help assist me in the creation of my FASTLANE BUSINESS?
3. What advice would you give me moving forward?
4. What's the most important action I can be taking RIGHT NOW that will move me in the right direction?

I am young and I make a ton of mistakes, Please call me out on ANYTHING that I said that is not in alignment with FASTLANE thinking.
I will appreciate it :)

And lastly, I am new to this forum and would love to get to know more people here, I joined this forum to spread value to others and to learn from people who are where I want to be in life. I hope we can connect and build meaningful connections that would help us succeed. I am always open to talking and spreading value any way I can to other people and I would love to start a conversation with you!

To MJ DeMarco, Thank you so much for everything. Words cannot describe the effect you have had in my life so far. I am so thankful for all the clarity you have provided me. Thanks for showing us the true road to wealth in a world with A LOT of noise.

Thank you guys so much for reading all this I really appreciate it :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum Ali. I'm not going to say you did the right thing or not. It is not for me or anyone else to decide, only you. There's nothing wrong with education as long as you do something with it. And nothing prevents you from becoming unscripted just because you'll be going to school. You're going to have a wonderful journey through life because you've been given and chose to believe a very different perspective. Looking forward to your success.

Ali Ahsan

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 4, 2019
Seattle
Welcome to the forum Ali. I'm not going to say you did the right thing or not. It is not for me or anyone else to decide, only you. There's nothing wrong with education as long as you do something with it. And nothing prevents you from becoming unscripted just because you'll be going to school. You're going to have a wonderful journey through life because you've been given and chose to believe a very different perspective. Looking forward to your success.
@Ernman Thank you so much!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...