The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

17 and hungry for advice and criticism

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
Hello friends!
I have recently read The Millionaire Fastlane and I know that main thing I should do now is START.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Jacob, I’m 17.
For almost half year I’ve been reading books about business, self-development etc. but I haven’t done this most important step.

I had had small “businesses” in computer games which gave a few thousands, but they worked only for a small period of time.

Let’s get to the point.

My dreams are:

To be financially independent/free.
I will not work for money. I’ll have multiple passive income, businesses which will give me free time (also money) to spend time with my future family.
To add value to the world and influence other people lives
To be a good person, an extraordinary husband and give my future family happiness

Things that I’m doing now toward my dreams:

I made my version of “The Benjamin Franklin 13‐Week Self Improvement Challenge” and I stick to it.
I think it’s the best thing which I’ve ever done, it helps me to become a better person (my dream) every day.
I can post it here if you want.
I highly recommend you to check this in the internet!!!

I’m learning to code
I spend at least one hour per day learning programming (currently at the codeacademy)
I believe that skill will be useful in my future.

I’m reading one book per week
No commend needed.
I plan every day to avoid wasting time.
I’m using simple reminder on my phone. I spend 5 minutes to plan my day.
I create list of things with a reminder
17:00 Code
18.00 Gym
and so on
I’ve also created several habits, for example:
I wake up every single day on 6.30 (Breakfast+ think about the day)
I read books every day on 10PM (I leave behind all activity and I read)
etc.

I develop my strong will
I don’t drink alcohol (I can say that I’ve never drunk), no TV, no Facebook etc.

What I must do in the following weeks:

I need to start earning money online
Fiver is good option, but I must spend some time searching for another methods, i know it’s somewhere behind the corner. I know to focus on adding value or solving problems rather than chasing money.
Target: at least 1000$ per month.
I want to create website for the guy which I watch on Youtube (he is entrepreneur)
He has terrible site and (MAINLY) I will do it check my skills in web programming and maybe he will use it and in exchange spend some time with me (advices etc) or give some of his products.
I will use web templates so it will not take much time.

Guys
What would you recommend me?

For what would you criticize me?
What would you tell your younger self?
I will highly appreciate any response!
Thank you!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello friends!
I have recently read The Millionaire Fastlane and I know that main thing I should do now is START.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Jacob, I’m 17.
For almost half year I’ve been reading books about business, self-development etc. but I haven’t done this most important step.

I had had small “businesses” in computer games which gave a few thousands, but they worked only for a small period of time.

Let’s get to the point.

My dreams are:

To be financially independent/free.
I will not work for money. I’ll have multiple passive income, businesses which will give me free time (also money) to spend time with my future family.
To add value to the world and influence other people lives
To be a good person, an extraordinary husband and give my future family happiness

Things that I’m doing now toward my dreams:

I made my version of “The Benjamin Franklin 13‐Week Self Improvement Challenge” and I stick to it.
I think it’s the best thing which I’ve ever done, it helps me to become a better person (my dream) every day.
I can post it here if you want.
I highly recommend you to check this in the internet!!!

I’m learning to code
I spend at least one hour per day learning programming (currently at the codeacademy)
I believe that skill will be useful in my future.

I’m reading one book per week
No commend needed.
I plan every day to avoid wasting time.
I’m using simple reminder on my phone. I spend 5 minutes to plan my day.
I create list of things with a reminder
17:00 Code
18.00 Gym
and so on
I’ve also created several habits, for example:
I wake up every single day on 6.30 (Breakfast+ think about the day)
I read books every day on 10PM (I leave behind all activity and I read)
etc.

I develop my strong will
I don’t drink alcohol (I can say that I’ve never drunk), no TV, no Facebook etc.

What I must do in the following weeks:

I need to start earning money online
Fiver is good option, but I must spend some time searching for another methods, i know it’s somewhere behind the corner. I know to focus on adding value or solving problems rather than chasing money.
Target: at least 1000$ per month.
I want to create website for the guy which I watch on Youtube (he is entrepreneur)
He has terrible site and (MAINLY) I will do it check my skills in web programming and maybe he will use it and in exchange spend some time with me (advices etc) or give some of his products.
I will use web templates so it will not take much time.

Guys
What would you recommend me?

For what would you criticize me?
What would you tell your younger self?
I will highly appreciate any response!
Thank you!!!

Jacob,

Very impressive for 17 years old, I commend you for the blueprint.

@miked_d linked a great start based on what you describe.

Other than that, I have no criticism -- to harbor your mindset at such a young age is refreshing.

For those who are lost and need direction, I always say "be led by a need" -- or a problem that needs a solution. When you look at the world from a deficiency standpoint, the world opens up its opportunities.

Just for example with the web design business linked above, anytime you see a crappy website from a big company, you've uncovered a need, a deficiency, and an opportunity to create value.

It really is that simple.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the intro!

Last edited:

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
Jacob,

Very impressive for 17 years old, I commend you for the blueprint.

@miked_d linked a great start based on what you describe.

Other than that, I have no criticism -- to harbor your mindset at such a young age is refreshing.

For those who are lost and need direction, I always say "be led by a need" -- or a problem that needs a solution. When you look at the world from a deficiency standpoint, the world opens up its opportunities.

Just for example with the web design business linked above, anytime you see a crappy website from a big company, you've uncovered a need, a deficiency, and an opportunity to create value.

It really is that simple.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the intro!
Many thanks guys, I highly appreciate your response.
Really, you gave me stronger motivation and I'm starting building websites right now!

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

1) What would you recommend me?
2) For what would you criticize me?
3) What would you tell your younger self?

1) use your energy as a young man to go ahead and destroy obstacles

the bulls of life are often people around 20 : life , bad habits and society have not yet destroy their dreams

this is the best time to run into adversity

2) nothing

life will teach you the hard lessons

we can't do that for you

3) nothing. i was naive at 17 . so any advice would lead nowhere for a 17 years old version of myself

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
Awesome to see someone my age with the same lifestyle and passion. You're already at a great starting place!!

If you need any personal help with your coding or something else, you can add me on Skype if you want, my username is Attackio :)

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
Awesome to see someone my age with the same lifestyle and passion. You're already at a great starting place!!

If you need any personal help with your coding or something else, you can add me on Skype if you want, my username is Attackio :)
I think it would be very good to talk to motivate each other, share knowledge etc. You get the point, right?

PTP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
766%
Dec 28, 2015
DFW, TX

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
Guys, I need your help.

I'm searching for another/new "virtues" to my "Franklin 13‐Week Self Improvement Challenge"
Currently i'm developing these:
-assertiveness
-bravery
-humility
-recpect for other people
-positive attitude
-diligence
-prudence
-justice/equity

Can you give me other characteristics worth developing?

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
Guys, I need your help.

I'm searching for another/new "virtues" to my "Franklin 13‐Week Self Improvement Challenge"
Currently i'm developing these:
-assertiveness
-bravery
-humility
-recpect for other people
-positive attitude
-diligence
-prudence
-justice/equity

Can you give me other characteristics worth developing?

Spirituality, just focus yourself on letting yourself be by meditating and live in the present moment.
Especially with a busy schedule you can get caught up in situations and make it way worse than it actually is,

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
1. Just improve 1% every day at something.
And don't stop. Do it everyday, even if you fail, and continue to do it.

2. Ingrain this in your brain:

"There is no success or failure, only feedback. Everything is an experiment and a chance to learn something."

This will eliminate any fear of uncertainty that you may have (which is so high when you're 17).

and

3. Relax :)

You will be great. You being here already shows it. There is a major rush and urgency to make it big when you're younger.
It's natural. But you need to remind yourself to relax, take it one day at a time. Shit will go bad in the start, it's supposed to.
It's how you learn.

Just don't quit. EVER.

Cheers man :) (..or not yet Lol)

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
My progres within last week:
-I did and sent page for that guy from YouTube

-I've started running (unfortunately I'm ill now because mornings in my country are pretty cold ~0*C)

-I've created the table with:
my morning routine; things that I should do everyday day, because they bring me closer to achieving my dreams; golden sentences, affirmations, best quotes; and 1month, 1 year, life goals.
It is next to "Franklin" table on my wall (btw I think I'm obsessed with self-development but I know how much it have changed me)

-As I sad I've created morning routine
I have awesome day after running 2,5km in the morning

-I've refreshed "Franklin" table
Now it contains advices from "how to win friends and influence people" (highly-recommended book for everyone, really changed my attitude to other people) and I suppose it was very good decision

In following week I will focus on improving my self-development plan and programming skills

Last edited:

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
Hello again!!!

My life have changed since I posted last time
  • I've almost completed deal to sell 2 webistes for 400$ (it is 1/2 of average month salary in my coutry so it is pretty nice, especially that it took me no more than 10h of light work) + I sold them locally, so it gave me experience in selling. In January I will try harder and I will earn 1500$ :rockon: Tomorrow I'm calling to several companies, so keep your fingers crossed :hurray:
  • I've got an idea to sell things that would help people in the high school in my country. I talked with my friends and they told me that they would buy it, so I'm going to call company for a few personalised samples. I will quickly test the idea and try to scale it to my whole coutry :cookoo:
  • I have an idea to create group on Facebook with people from the meeting of our youtube "guru", whom will go to our city to "conference", so I hope I will meet at least several, valuable people with whom I could maintain contact
  • I've improved a lot in terms of self-contol and social skills thanks to my self-development plan. I don't remember when I lost control over myself, although I had many oportunities to do so
  • I've developed my morning routine, so at the beginning of every day I:
    • Meditate
    • Ask myself two important questions (and write answers in my notebook): "What I could do today to acomplish my goal?" and "How I can help other people to solve their problems?" It seems weird but while doing it, many good ideas come to my head :cookoo:

I want to ask you, whether it is a good idea to learn these skills?
  • The Psychology of Sales
  • The Art of Negotiation
  • PR and Marketing / Online Marketing
  • Copywriting
  • Growth Hacking
I'm going to buy these courses
https://www.udemy.com/copywriting-secrets/
https://www.udemy.com/become-a-speeddemon-hack-automation-focus-efficiency-to-have-more-time/
and this book
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0130957011/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
so I hope I will find something valuable in them.

Could you advise me other sources worth time?

Thank you all! I'm reading this forum very often and it gives me power to try new things!

Last edited:

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
Proges within last month:
I went to meeting organised by entrepreneur, asked publickly "who besides me is going to be bilionare" and after it woman came to me and said that she is not far from being bilionare and to call her. I'm going to meet with her in the following week. Preeety nice. That's the way, how you should network haha

We also meet a "internet guy", who is making 5000$ fully pasive income. I'm going to invest some money, since there is 20% ROI within 60 days (!?!?!?). I know that I have to be careful, because it seems like scam, but I saw his account. He also makes money on people like me (reflinks), so it is in his interes to keep people informed when to quit from that investment.

I have singed contract to sell my website ~ 250$. It took me a few hours. Minimum wage in my coutry is ~ 300$.
I'm waiting to sign another contract for 100$ and to negotiate with another company ~200-250$. I also have set meetings to show my site to 2-3 companies.
Now I'm writing my offer to another 6 companies to which I called.
Not a big number since I called maybe 40 companies withing a month (haha) but I was testing another niches.

Next week I'm starting with more profitable business sector, website+seo+adwords and maybe ~1000$ per client.
In the following week I'm going to cold call ~20-25 companies per day, so I hope I will find something.

I'm searching for a mastermind group, acctually I have found something on our forum.

My parents call me insane, because I wake up every day at 6.30am and there are days (if I'm not meeting with my girlfriend) when I spend 13 hours in front of computer (maybe break for the gym) doing courses, searching for info in the internet, programming haha

Sometimes I have feeling that I'm not pushing myself hard enough, sometimes totally opposite, that I should do something "brain-washing" instead of continuous learning-working-searching for ideas but I can't Only my girl with whom I spend a lot of time keeps me normal

Also looking forward starting start-up with friend since I have a lot of ideas

Any comments would be welcome!!!

Last edited:

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
I want to ask you: Is it ok that despite having ~100 business ideas, (a few surely multimillionaire - but I know, without realization - 0) I'm not searching for investor yet, not doing anything to make my ideas real?
None of them I can do on my own, talking about start-ups only.
I know that I'm only 17 and in 2 class of high school but it bothers me.
It's obvious for me that right after high school I will start serious business, but the question is: isn't it a better time to start right now?

My excuse is school, that's why I'm learning to country "bussiness" contest to have time now and in 3'rd class for real business. That will guarantee me place in the best business school in my country. I don't give F*ck about studying but I want to meet people oriented toward real business.

I'm sure that selling websites could be very profitable but I won't be doing for whole my life. I will learn useful skills, learn how to deal with clients, "art of negotiation" etc

I'm trying to reach to multimillionaire in my city to talk with him. He's good guy and we will talk about life and my ideas. If not him, maybe he knows someone who can help me

I'm moving forward in my website business (thanks @Fox), constantly figuring out how can I improve it.
I'm starting writing copy, 2 per day. I'm writing them while I'm on the lesson in school etc.
I will post my job on upwork and earn some money on the side, moreover it could be useful skill in making websites.

Previous posts are very outdated, I'm making progress every day but that is not the most important.

@MJ DeMarco @Andy Black and others?
Sincere thank you is the only thing I can give you now for giving me advice

Last edited:

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Hey Kubbaaa,

Awesome thread, I'm a 19 year old doing web design and development while in college! Your work ethic is really great and its something that I have struggled with as the social pressures in college seem to get to me too often! I presume you have read the book so I would be careful about investing in that guy that does the affiliate links as its a major warning sign that something isn't right (I got caught a few times in the past). You should focus on whats bringing you in a good income i.e the website designing and scale that up a lot and eventually turn it into an agency. If you want to get in contact my skype is 'epicknight2149' I think we have the beginnings of a small web design group from some of the people on this thread!

Amon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Jun 29, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Welcome to the forum. I appreciate your hustle and game plan. For a while I made a quick buck by leveraging Instagram, and cold calling business owners without a website or a poorly designed one.

One thing I learned that you might be able to apply is this -

Business owners know why they need a website in 2017 (potentially losing thousands a year without a fresh/updated one)

All you have to do is let them know why they need a website from you (for efficiency/pricing/etc) and not Joe the website designer.

Find a way to separate yourself before you think about scaling.

Also, if you openly commit to entrepreneurship early on, all eyes will be on you. If you screw up, the negativity will come. Like Silverhawk said, just remember to have patience.
There is a major rush and urgency to make it big when you're younger.
It's natural. But you need to remind yourself to relax, take it one day at a time. Shit will go bad in the start, it's supposed to.
It's how you learn.

Just don't quit. EVER.

Cheers man :) (..or not yet Lol)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...