The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

14 Years Old. Got a taste of Fastlane, never going back.

ivan i

Retiring at 25
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Mar 4, 2018
Canada
My last year of middle school is about to end very soon. The past two years I've been off my grind, and I can definitely see some negative results.

In case you hadn't read my username, my name is Ivan! I am a fourteen year old student currently living in Canada. In 2015, I got my first glimpse of true Fastlane, by successfully starting a YouTube channel & providing funny and interesting content to my viewers. I was making a steady 4 figures a month, and was most likely at the peak of my happiness in life up to now. Unfortunately, this did not last long. Due to my complete inexperience and the hesitancy of my parent's advice, I quickly lost my channel and lost the dream of what I had always wanted. However, this small "taste" left me wanting more. After nearly two years of dread and postponing, I have finally come back & am ready to invest and become a complete person.

What I believe I am lacking is the correct mindset. I'm inconceivably lazy, with the only power to guide me through school is my natural talent at things such as mathematics. Unfortunately I don't believe I'm going to get very far if I keep this up, so I came here to ask the question: How do I get back on my feet?

Sometimes I wake up, and think deeply with what will happen to me in the future. Everyday I tell myself: "I'll get started tomorrow." But what if that moment never comes? If I'm forced to work a 9-5 job for the rest of my life, I'm sure I won't be able to handle it. The regret of not pursuing the Fastlane will crush me.

I've already started taking a look at some products online, and I'm taking this road ahead of me very seriously. Chinese food delivery and Lamborghinis fuel my passion to make money, so why don't I start today?

I'm pleased to meet all of you, and my first step on the Fastlane Forum is to finish reading UNSCRIPTED . Perhaps I'll pick up some books later on and transform my life around. Will be posting a progression thread in the near future, if I actually get off my a$$ for once.
Thanks for listening! ;)

[Also, I've run through some paid courses on basic coding with websites such as HTML. I read Fox's thread a while back on starting a Web company, and I advise you to read it. I did a few jobs for clients and ended up getting a pretty good portfolio of websites for small / medium sized companies.]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
Welcome, and congrats on the success you've already had! Finish reading the books. Then just relax and realize you're only 14. You've got plenty of time ahead of you. If you do something that moves you forward every day, no matter how small it is, you'll be fine.

I wish you the best!

ivan i

Retiring at 25
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Mar 4, 2018
Canada
Welcome, and congrats on the success you've already had! Finish reading the books. Then just relax and realize you're only 14. You've got plenty of time ahead of you. If you do something that moves you forward every day, no matter how small it is, you'll be fine.

I wish you the best!
Thanks a bunch! You're right, I should stop worrying so much and let loose for a little bit. Small steps everyday are a great way to get into the right direction.
:thumbsup:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Damn, 14!? Incredible. Welcome to the forum.

Due to my complete inexperience and the hesitancy of my parent's advice, I quickly lost my channel

How do you lose a channel? Did you do something against the TOS?

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Really enjoyed reading this!

I used to be a MS/HS teacher and rarely saw students write as well you do.

When I was 14, I focused on poker, girls, sports, caddying and partying. My dad offered to match my savings in investments and I laughed at that prospect. Oh I wish I listened to pops!

Congrats on taking the actions you have and working so hard at it. You are going to have an amazing life.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome!
Sometimes I wake up, and think deeply with what will happen to me in the future. Everyday I tell myself: "I'll get started tomorrow." But what if that moment never comes? If I'm forced to work a 9-5 job for the rest of my life, I'm sure I won't be able to handle it. The regret of not pursuing the Fastlane will crush me.

I've already started taking a look at some products online, and I'm taking this road ahead of me very seriously. Chinese food delivery and Lamborghinis fuel my passion to make money, so why don't I start today?
It's amazing for you to have 'woken up' pretty early!

I myself only bought RDPD, the first get-rich book for me, when I was around that age. I didn't feel the 'pain' to start doing something about what I had learned until much later.:playful:

Chinese food delivery as a fuel for passion? Pardon me, but I didn't get that part.....Why exactly is food delivery your passion?

What I believe I am lacking is the correct mindset. I'm inconceivably lazy, with the only power to guide me through school is my natural talent at things such as mathematics. Unfortunately I don't believe I'm going to get very far if I keep this up, so I came here to ask the question: How do I get back on my feet?
[Also, I've run through some paid courses on basic coding with websites such as HTML. I read Fox's thread a while back on starting a Web company, and I advise you to read it. I did a few jobs for clients and ended up getting a pretty good portfolio of websites for small / medium sized companies.]
You aren't lazy at all. Just meaning and purpose.

I believe you have began to pick up yourself, since you did some work already! Continue your efforts.:smile2:

ivan i

Retiring at 25
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Mar 4, 2018
Canada
Damn, 14!? Incredible. Welcome to the forum.

How do you lose a channel? Did you do something against the TOS?
Yeah, that's unfortunately exactly what happened. I'm sure you're familiar with YouTube's copyright stance, and I did not comply too well with it. A few small clips with copyrighted music had me lose the account permanently.
By the way, I'm ecstatic that you read this thread! Thanks for reading through my stuff. That really gets me pumped for some reason!

Last edited:

ivan i

Retiring at 25
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Mar 4, 2018
Canada
Really enjoyed reading this!

I used to be a MS/HS teacher and rarely saw students write as well you do.

When I was 14, I focused on poker, girls, sports, caddying and partying. My dad offered to match my savings in investments and I laughed at that prospect. Oh I wish I listened to pops!

Congrats on taking the actions you have and working so hard at it. You are going to have an amazing life.
Wow, I appreciate this so much. These are some of the kindest words I've received in a long time, especially since I think my parents have given up a little bit on me. Anyhow, thanks for all the encouragement! Hopefully I can look back at your post from time to time for some extra determination

ivan i

Retiring at 25
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Mar 4, 2018
Canada
Welcome!

It's amazing for you to have 'woken up' pretty early!

I myself only bought RDPD, the first get-rich book for me, when I was around that age. I didn't feel the 'pain' to start doing something about what I had learned until much later.:playful:

Chinese food delivery as a fuel for passion? Pardon me, but I didn't get that part.....Why exactly is food delivery your passion?

You aren't lazy at all. Just meaning and purpose.

I believe you have began to pick up yourself, since you did some work already! Continue your efforts.:smile2:
Thanks for the comment man! Do you have any book recommendations past Unscripted and TMF ?

Relating to your question; I love ordering Chinese food from places, however it's usually a tad expensive. Whenever I check my bank account to see how much I spent on Chinese food that month, my heart usually always drops. However, being in the Fastlane means no worry about how much you spend on takeout or delivery!

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
Hi Ivan ..welcome to the forum brother. And congratulations for finding this forum so early in life . You talked about reading some books so I thought of providing few names which I think will help you immensely in your journey (TFM and Unscripted are required read though) .Except for these two book I would like to suggest just two more books :
1. The Go Giver (for Mindset): Principal 1 and 3 are most important.
2. The One thing -by Gary Keller (For productivity).Pay special attention to Time blocking concept.It works like magic :)
I wish you all the best for your future endeavors .

Rabelo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 4, 2017
secunda
Pardon,14 years?...Sorry No people under the age of 18 are allowed here...says the script.
What makes unscripted stand alone is the fact that it is meant for everyone and yes ..age is just a number. Welcome to the forum

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
@ivan i what an amazing introduction, enjoyed reading it, you have a great future ahead of you.

drumworx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 16, 2018
Sao Paulo, Brazil
My last year of middle school is about to end very soon. The past two years I've been off my grind, and I can definitely see some negative results.

In case you hadn't read my username, my name is Ivan! I am a fourteen year old student currently living in Canada. In 2015, I got my first glimpse of true Fastlane, by successfully starting a YouTube channel & providing funny and interesting content to my viewers. I was making a steady 4 figures a month, and was most likely at the peak of my happiness in life up to now. Unfortunately, this did not last long. Due to my complete inexperience and the hesitancy of my parent's advice, I quickly lost my channel and lost the dream of what I had always wanted. However, this small "taste" left me wanting more. After nearly two years of dread and postponing, I have finally come back & am ready to invest and become a complete person.

I'm pleased to meet all of you, and my first step on the Fastlane Forum is to finish reading UNSCRIPTED . Perhaps I'll pick up some books later on and transform my life around. Will be posting a progression thread in the near future, if I actually get off my a$$ for once.
Thanks for listening! ;)

You're inspiring, young person! go for it we are all in your corner. take my word for it...the 9-5 is as bad as it seems (and I've had a pretty easy go at it compared to most!)

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria

Thanks for listening! ;)

Thanks for listening! ;)

Neat writing style.But hey...14???....and Chinese food delivery as a fuel as a drive for success(i get the Lamborghini,we all do) ???....I'm speechless.Anyway.Good to have you here.Welcome to the forum Ivan.

A. Rodriguez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 5, 2018
Nigeria

Thanks for listening! ;)

Welcome to the forum. My story is exact as yours. Only that it wasn't a youtube channel and lambos aren't my passion. I'm 17 currently and I knew about the fastlane when I was 16. I still believe we have a great future ahead of us.

Mine was a blog which I monetised my 3k-4k daily page views only for my AdSense to get disabled just before the payout day.

I haven't given up and I'm still believing I can make it. I later sold the blog and started a new one because the former lost it rankings on google.

I'm already grounded in the fastlane mindset and no turning back.

CSRICH

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 21, 2017
London
Congrats man, I think many of us in here wish we were able to see the light as early as you! Don't sweat it and keep hustling, 1% at a time and you'll see the results - they are exponential. I wish you all the best

Benjaminjhs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 13, 2018
Norway
Congrats on your achievements and the mindset you have gotten for yourself at such an early age! Also, your writing skills are very good! Wishing you the best of luck, and looking forward to following your progression thread.

Daniel Giordano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 31, 2018
Royal Palm Beach FL
great seeing you do what you are doing at 14. The world needs more inspiring young people like you. I believe you will be an inspiration to many. Stay the course and make amazing things happen.

M.A.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Apr 2, 2018
Holland
After reading TMF and Unscripted . Expect to fail, expect that you won't make big money overnight.

Find a problem to solve. Example: real estate agents in my area are only focused on making money instead of actually caring about people and providing value by helping them to the best of their abilities.
Don't overthink it. Find one problem/need to solve and do it better than the rest. Then focus on this and only this. Don't go from idea to idea. If you do that you will waste a lot of time.

About your problem of not getting started: don't overthink it. Start with 1 hour a day. After a week increase it to 2 hours a day. Increase it little by little. After a while these little things will start to add up and in 66 days (according to Gary Keller, the one thing) your actions will become a habit and won't seem so hard to do anymore.

Good luck and don't give up!

D

Deleted52409

14??? That's amazing. When I was 14 all I did was play Skyrim and yet you were able to make more per month than the average highschool student (possibly even college students) at their part time jobs.

You say that you're lazy however it seems more like you're just unmotivated at school... Because you already did create a semi successful youtube channel on your own time while also attending school. Let's face it. Modern day public education is an unhealthy artificial environment. Why would someone not be unmotivated while there?

Now if you truly do find yourself to be lazy then I highly recommend this video down below. You're not a legal adult yet so you're too young to immediately follow all of the advise but basically if you are a lazy person (as I definitely am) then you are going to have to do something extreme in order to succeed:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hwpF0u50Ws

ivan i

Retiring at 25
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Mar 4, 2018
Canada
14??? That's amazing. When I was 14 all I did was play Skyrim and yet you were able to make more per month than the average highschool student (possibly even college students) at their part time jobs.

You say that you're lazy however it seems more like you're just unmotivated at school... Because you already did create a semi successful youtube channel on your own time while also attending school. Let's face it. Modern day public education is an unhealthy artificial environment. Why would someone not be unmotivated while there?

Now if you truly do find yourself to be lazy then I highly recommend this video down below. You're not a legal adult yet so you're too young to immediately follow all of the advise but basically if you are a lazy person (as I definitely am) then you are going to have to do something extreme in order to succeed:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hwpF0u50Ws
This is awesome. Thank you so much for the advice!
I just watched the video, and this guy definitely talks a lot of sense. These are some really hard standards to live by... however I'll give it a shot.

Starting tomorrow ;)

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
lol when i was 14 i just played video games and sports and watched porn. business was an alien concept.

Pretty incredible kid, good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...