The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$13M Bank Statement left in Cafe with message

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
BSG (Bank Statement Guy) said a guy found his statement at a coffee shop in Canada and tracked him down. How can someone know who a person is with only a random bank statement with no identifying information on it?

Not only that, even if he was able to find out who owned the bank statement, I find it scary that he was able to get his current and physical contact details... and I find it even scarier that he was able to successfully arrange with BSG to meet with him.

BSG does Q & A via wall posts and messages on his FB page... I actually sent a message and asked him how was the guy who found his receipt able to figure out that it belonged to him.... Not saying that he is real or fake- just something that I have wondered about and thought about.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
BSG (Bank Statement Guy) said a guy found his statement at a coffee shop in Canada and tracked him down. How can someone know who a person is with only a random bank statement with no identifying information on it?

Not only that, even if he was able to find out who owned the bank statement, I find it scary that he was able to get his current and physical contact details... and I find it even scarier that he was able to successfully arrange with BSG to meet with him.

BSG does Q & A via wall posts and messages on his FB page... I actually sent a message and asked him how was the guy who found his receipt able to figure out that it belonged to him.... Not saying that he is real or fake- just something that I have wondered about and thought about.

The guy who found the bank statement is a member over on L4P and posted in the thread there. I can't remember if he said how he contacted him. Also, he is suppose to be meeting with him again to talk about more. We are waiting for updates over there.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Oddball, I'm on L4P... Can you link me to the thread...Also side note, does anyone know where the form is to become an INSIDERS?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
L4P forums?

Edit: Luxury 4 Play forums. Nevermind.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
Not enough money to find freedom from ego, it seems.

He deserves to act like that. I have my hunch he wasn't born with this wealth or given it freely.

Inspiring.

To those not wanting to squint:

The secret to happiness is freedom.
This, right here, is freedom.

The secret to freedom is courage. All of your dreams can come true if you have the COURAGE to PURSUE them. RID your life of distractions, DON'T focus on relationships, thats a big one. DON'T listen to the people who say stop. Just focus on YOU and your BUSINESS.

Everything else can come later, as it's easier to get later than THIS.

I'm going to print this out, and put it somewhere.

It's so true... too.

Andrewkar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 10, 2012
Hmm, I really like this guy (this character) but for me it looks like a well planned viral action. If guy is real, I do believe he is doing great, etc. but there are things in his writings that are a bit unnatural.

Of course, it may be just my imagination. Anyways, I like his mission and if that's planned marketing action, I like him even more.

M.N

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Sep 13, 2012
I was browsing on the forum, and came across this thread. I saw that bank statement picture before but never really payed that much attention to it, until I saw all the comments on here and thoughts. So i decided to like the facebook page. Throughout the weeks, I decided to give him a message and gratefully he just shot me one back earlier this morning. Seems like a very nice and respectable person, hopefully I can keep in touch with him through facebook and talk to him more about life and its obstacles.

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
You have spoken to THEE Bankstatement Guy? I must admit im a little bit jealous now :p

I was browsing on the forum, and came across this thread. I saw that bank statement picture before but never really payed that much attention to it, until I saw all the comments on here and thoughts. So i decided to like the facebook page. Throughout the weeks, I decided to give him a message and gratefully he just shot me one back earlier this morning. Seems like a very nice and respectable person, hopefully I can keep in touch with him through facebook and talk to him more about life and its obstacles.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Wow, that is badass! And on top of that, he just deposited 345k!

Where is this from? I like how its a recent picture and not something from 4-5 years ago..

CIBC is a canadian bank, so he or she is prolly from canada.

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
OMG, how freaking awesome, not only to be mentioned, but to be mentioned in the same group of authors who have sold countless millions of books -- I'm still working on my first million.

MJ, your book is freaking amazing.

I suspect the title "The Millionaire Fastlane " may put people off though as even I initially thought it was some typical 'get rich quick (easy)' guide by some poser. This is not at all to say it isn't wholly appropriate and an accurate summation.

It took, if i remember correctly, THREE separate recommendations from people who make a lot of money on the internet before I realised "hey, maybe it's more than some generic get rich qucik book. I should check it out."

I am glad I did. But, again, almost everyone I know to whom I've recommended the book IRL semi-rolled their eyes when I told them the title.

Have you tried marketing it with a different title to test the market response?

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I'm pages away from finishing Think and Grow Rich.

My 2 cents: Your book was of infinitely more value (to me) than Hill's book. TaGR read like a bible written by preacher who was also interested in fringe science. Yours read like an action plan written by a person who knows how to succeed. I could pick a dozen or so useful pages from Hill's book to re-read while I could pick a dozen or so non-useful pages from yours to leave out of the next read.

I'm probably discrediting Hill unjustly with this opinion and we'll see what I think as the information sinks in a bit longer but right now TaGR fell very short for a book I was REALLY looking forward to, probably as a result of reading yours a month prior.

Read TaGR again. There is a LOT more to it than can be discerned from a first reading. I'm on my third read of TaGR atm but am reading just when I feel like it, and also I read specific parts of TMF multiple times a week to let it sink in further. I've read TMF twice from start to finish.

I don't blame you for thinking that of Think and Grow Rich, I felt exactly the same half way through the book. I was even incredulous reading a couple of the chapters. Trust me, read it again and again - when it REALLY sinks in your brain will be exploding with insights and excitement. A lot of its real impact came the second time round.

I will be reading both TaGR and TMF at least another 3 times each in the next couple of years. Both are absolutely tremendous books which I cannot recommend highly enough.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I suspect the title "The Millionaire Fastlane " may put people off though

No need to suspect, it does. It's a good reason why I'm struggling to sell hundreds of thousands vs millions. My next book won't have the "suspicious" title -- just hope it carries it's weight.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.