The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

100 / 2020

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
2020 has been a wild year so far but there is plenty of time left on the clock to make it a big win for everyone.
This is a thread/challenge where we get a bunch of people to commit to go out guns blazing.

The goal - get in 100 more solid days before 2020 is over.
Maybe that will mean just 1 big business action per day, or getting your fitness back on track, or just something to come out of 2020 on top.

For me personally I totally fell off with my health/fitness the last few months. I did so well in 2019 and ended up nearly worse than when I started :(
My goal: get my fitness/health back at the previous peak of 2019 or higher before years end.

So...

What goal are you committed to working on before 2020 is up?

What can you come back to this thread in 4 months and call a big win.

Post up something specific and let's get a support/accountability group going on in this thread. 2020 is far from over yet!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Fox I respect how you've made a habit out of starting threads like these.

Fitness:
  • Arms - the biggest part of my arms (bicep+triceps) hover between 16' and 16.125' depending on the day. I would like to get this number to 16.5' by 12/31
  • Forearms - the biggest part of my forearms are about 12'. I would like to get that up to 12.5' by 12/31.
  • Abs - I have visible abs, but more belly fat than you'd expect. I would like to get to this level of body fat by Halloween (see image below - though since I have more muscle, I'd be a bit bigger!)
  • Strength - after I get to this level of body fat, I plan to do a strength routine to close out the year. I would like to hit the following one rep maxes by 12/31
    • Deadlift - 450 lbs
    • Bench Press - 275 lbs
    • Squat - 350 lbs
    • Overhead Press - 150 lbs

What can you come back to this thread in 4 months and call a big win.

I intend to write a 25 paper on the relevance of Nietzsche's ideas for understanding and predicting contemporary political behavior by 12/31. I had a date recently where I realized that I have done a horrible job articulating and organizing all of the great ideas that I have read, so it is time to start writing them down.

I'll update this later with business goals - I wanted to start with the ideas that I had on the top of my mind.

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Feb 6, 2018
United States

Waking up at 5:30 AM.

I've been on-and-off with this habit for years now and it's time to finally lock it in. Waking up at this time for 90+ days would be a win for me. I've hired a coach to help me through the first month, from then on it will be up to me.

Bonus habit: Staying more engaged with the forum. Let's say... I'll post 5 threads by end of 2020.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Waking up at 5:30 AM.

I've been on-and-off with this habit for years now and it's time to finally lock it in. With 100 days left of the year, waking up at this time for 90+ days would be a win for me. I've hired a coach to help me through the first month, from then on it will be up to me.

Bonus habit: Staying more engaged with the forum. Let's say... I'll post 5 threads by end of 2020.

Have you read Discipline Equals Freedom by Jocko - I think you’ll like it.

mastermind007

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 3, 2020
Start making 2500€ profit per month from my web design business. Right now I'm making 0€ from the business.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Nice motivational thread, Mr Fox. Let's all end the year on a high.

For me:
  1. I need to adjust after a probable business failure... I will take what I have learnt and use it in another helpful way. Target will be £5k revenue. I really hated typing this and feel pretty low. I plugged 120+ hour weeks into it, almost made £50k, and don't want to be seen as that person who jumps from one shiny thing to the next, but it is what it is.
  2. Continue improving my fitness, working out 6 days a week. Been doing this for 3 months now and seen improvements so I am happy to continue.
Those are my only priorities right now.

Good luck to us all!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.