I have 10 items in my "active side projects" list. 10!
While my focus is being subconsciously split at least 10 different ways, my business drives 99% of my regular monthly income. It's crazy, I'm the first person to advise young entrepreneurs on the importance of focusing on one thing, but I'm breaking that fundamental tenet myself.
You can probably guess my results...
I've been constantly chasing my tail–a symptom of chasing the money. Rather than follow and apply advice I give so many others, I've been living the "do as I say, not as I do" lifestyle and suffering the consequences.
The Millionaire Fastlane reminded me of the error in my ways. @MJ DeMarco, you call this Tekel Syndrome. Pop culture calls it Shiny Object Syndrome. I'm calling it Old Yeller. Today I'm taking my rifle and killing this thing. All of my many side projects will still be there once I've gotten rich and made my first $2.5 million bucks. Until then, singular and decided focus married to deliberate action in one direction is my M.O.
While my focus is being subconsciously split at least 10 different ways, my business drives 99% of my regular monthly income. It's crazy, I'm the first person to advise young entrepreneurs on the importance of focusing on one thing, but I'm breaking that fundamental tenet myself.
You can probably guess my results...
I've been constantly chasing my tail–a symptom of chasing the money. Rather than follow and apply advice I give so many others, I've been living the "do as I say, not as I do" lifestyle and suffering the consequences.
The Millionaire Fastlane reminded me of the error in my ways. @MJ DeMarco, you call this Tekel Syndrome. Pop culture calls it Shiny Object Syndrome. I'm calling it Old Yeller. Today I'm taking my rifle and killing this thing. All of my many side projects will still be there once I've gotten rich and made my first $2.5 million bucks. Until then, singular and decided focus married to deliberate action in one direction is my M.O.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
