The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1 on 1 Phone Call With Jack Edwards UPDATE!!

mz2804

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 6, 2014
Asia
Had a call with Jack earlier this week. He was one of the most down to earth person I've interacted with lately and genuinely wants to help.

He gave me some great insights that in hindsight seem really obvious but I was just unable to see them before.

The call was well worth $75 and I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking clarity, direction or simply a second opinion.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Just got off the phone with Jack. It gave me a healthy dose of reality in the kindest way possible. It was well worth the $75 and for a wonderful cause.
The call helped me before I even answered the phone. It made me question and reassess my original idea.
I learned more in an hour than I ever have anywhere else. Questions and problems I never had thought of were brought to light.

It was a slap of reality with a healthy dose of encouragement. I feel that this was a big first step for me with getting my priorities straight.

I ended the conversation with a MUCH clearer picture of what I can do next to make my life better.
This is exactly what I felt.

To anyone waiting, don't. Just do it now.

Thanks Jack!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I had my call with Jack today. I have three pages of notes full of extremely valuable insights on how to grow my company, dominate the industry and become a better entrepreneur. Here are some of the things I learned:
  • how to validate your idea and make sure your business is going to work (simple stuff most people skip or have no idea about)
  • how to sell your idea over the phone (such a simple idea that makes so much sense, yet I've never thought about it)
  • how to dominate the market you want to enter (and why your business should NEVER be about just one product or service)
  • the surprising truth about hiring and managing salespeople
  • how to find out if your salesperson sucks
  • what makes a great salesperson (and no, it's NOT about the gift of gab)
  • how to do telemarketing the right way (make sure you focus on the right metrics)
  • your role in the business an an entrepreneur (it's NOT about managing)
  • how to delegate the right way (if you don't do it the right way, your business will own you instead of you owning your business)
  • how much should you pay your employees
  • how to make your employees stick with you for life
  • a simple question that will help you avoid getting into the wrong business (if you get into the wrong business, you'll just create a job for yourself)
  • the biggest mistake Jack did when he was a young entrepreneur (and why it cost him millions)
  • most important things Jack would say to a 20-something entrepreneur (and one thing you should do on a daily basis as a business owner)
  • ...and much more
Schedule your call RIGHT NOW to learn about all of the above and more. If you have any other questions, Jack will gladly answer them (I just listed things I personally was most interested in).

And no, sorry, I won't share specific lessons with you. PM Jack now and schedule your call with him so that he can help you personally.

PS. Make sure to send Jack some information about your idea and/or questions BEFORE the call so that he can think it over and you won't forget asking about it.

PPS. If you're still unsure whether you should have a call with Jack, stop wasting your time and do it now (while you still can). $75 is NOTHING compared to what you learn from Jack.

Seriously guys, you can help a family in need, let Jack enjoy a call with a fellow entrepreneur, grow your business and become not only a better businessman, but also a better person.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
how to validate your idea and make sure your business is going to work (simple stuff most people skip or have no idea about)
how to sell your idea over the phone (such a simple idea that makes so much sense, yet I've never thought about it)
how to dominate the market you want to enter (and why your business should NEVER be about just one product or service)
the surprising truth about hiring and managing salespeople
how to find out if your salesperson sucks
what makes a great salesperson (and no, it's NOT about the gift of gab)
how to do telemarketing the right way (make sure you focus on the right metrics)
your role in the business an an entrepreneur (it's NOT about managing)
how to delegate the right way (if you don't do it the right way, your business will own you instead of you owning your business)
how much should you pay your employees
how to make your employees stick with you for life
a simple question that will help you avoid getting into the wrong business (if you get into the wrong business, you'll just create a job for yourself)
the biggest mistake Jack did when he was a young entrepreneur (and why it cost him millions)
most important things Jack would say to a 20-something entrepreneur (and one thing you should do on a daily basis as a business owner)
...and much more

And no, sorry, I won't share specific lessons with you.

Why would you reel me in like this and take the time to list out all of the amazing things you learned then say no you won't share any lessons?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
To show people how much they can learn by spending mere $75 and make them schedule a call with Jack.

If I were to share the lessons here less people would be interested in a call thinking they already have everything for free here. Then, the family won't benefit, Jack won't be able to help personally (all his lessons were tailored for my business) and people would get less value. Free business lessons are rarely appreciated, and speaking with a super successful entrepreneur is a much different experience than reading someone's notes online.

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
Fully agree with MTF's sentiments. I had my call yesterday with Jack and it was completely worth it. He is so easy to chat with and even easier to listen to explain concepts etc. I could have chatted for hours.

Jack is able to seamlessly inject new ways of viewing opportunities. He is a real entrepreneur with a great down to earth attitude and will help you even if you have no single idea yet.

Plus the fact that he is truly helping a great cause makes it even more worthwhile.

Just organise the call if you haven't. You won't regret and will want more.

SarahSH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
May 6, 2014
Kansas
I enjoyed having a call with Jack a couple of weeks ago. He has a real head for business and it is amazing to listen to him and get a glimpse into how he approaches ideas, opportunities, and problems. Like Oztrepreneur, I could have listened to him talk about his ventures for hours because I love a good success story and Jack is a prime example of someone who has an amazing ability to focus on what he wants to accomplish and strive toward that at full speed with great execution, no less...completely fascinating! Thanks for taking the time to speak with me. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I appreciate what you are doing for the family at the same time - value added all around!

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
Got off the phone with @JackEdwards yesterday afternoon and like I told him, it really had my head spinning.As others have mentioned, very nice guy, very knowledgeable, wants to help other people, and very confident [perhaps the underdog trait we don't think about].

He's very open about sharing his advice and expertise. I sent him a good chunk of text about my background and he immediately was able to pick up on mindset issues, where my priorities were & more.

I had shared with him my idea (along the lines of my post here https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ovate-the-same-old-shopping-experience.51821/) that I was working on and he immediately found 99 problems and more with why it would be the biggest headache plus cost WAYY more than I thought; so I'm starting fresh with new ideas! He also told me the pitfalls of many trying to get into e-commerce including many people on this forum who do it and the dangers it can bring.

I'll share one of the many takeaways I had since @MTF was a tease :). My idea above is in a very competitive space and is very much what many people are thinking about themselves. For example, Jack said most (not all) people trying to start companies are between 20-35 and are thinking about things 20-35 year olds want [new apps, software etc.]. Most 50+ year olds aren't looking to get into business but looking for ways to make their lives easier. No 20-35 year is trying to make products for them, thus a huge blue ocean.

As also mentioned by Jack on the forum, find old industries and find places where they are needed or need a bit of tweaking. Forget thinking about the next cool app or the cheap widget you found on alibaba that you want to sell on Amazon, why? Because there's already a TON of other people looking to do that and at some point someone will cut your legs out from under you with a lower price.

Also, as an example of Jack thinking big, You can't sell an Amazon business for millions. You could make 1MM a month off Amazon, but you'll always be at risk of being undercut.

That's just 1 of a dozen gems I got out of my call, what gems will you get from your call? You can literally ask Jack anything, you can challenge his thoughts and ideas, anything you want! And he will have an answer!

I highly recommend this!

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDavid

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 25, 2014
Hello Jack and Hello forum Members.
My name is David and I first found out about the book, which I found through Amazon. After finishing it over the weekend, I found the forum and have started reading many of the great content here, including Jack's. It's an incredible community of people and I can't believe it's taken me so long to find it.

Jack, if you have any more spots available I hope to be able to talk to you as well.

Looking forward to being a member of the community.

Cheers!

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
Got off the phone with @JackEdwards yesterday afternoon and like I told him, it really had my head spinning.As others have mentioned, very nice guy, very knowledgeable, wants to help other people, and very confident [perhaps the underdog trait we don't think about].

He's very open about sharing his advice and expertise. I sent him a good chunk of text about my background and he immediately was able to pick up on mindset issues, where my priorities were & more.

I had shared with him my idea (along the lines of my post here https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ovate-the-same-old-shopping-experience.51821/) that I was working on and he immediately found 99 problems and more with why it would be the biggest headache plus cost WAYY more than I thought; so I'm starting fresh with new ideas! He also told me the pitfalls of many trying to get into e-commerce including many people on this forum who do it and the dangers it can bring.

I'll share one of the many takeaways I had since @MTF was a tease :). My idea above is in a very competitive space and is very much what many people are thinking about themselves. For example, Jack said most (not all) people trying to start companies are between 20-35 and are thinking about things 20-35 year olds want [new apps, software etc.]. Most 50+ year olds aren't looking to get into business but looking for ways to make their lives easier. No 20-35 year is trying to make products for them, thus a huge blue ocean.

As also mentioned by Jack on the forum, find old industries and find places where they are needed or need a bit of tweaking. Forget thinking about the next cool app or the cheap widget you found on alibaba that you want to sell on Amazon, why? Because there's already a TON of other people looking to do that and at some point someone will cut your legs out from under you with a lower price.

Also, as an example of Jack thinking big, You can't sell an Amazon business for millions. You could make 1MM a month off Amazon, but you'll always be at risk of being undercut.

That's just 1 of a dozen gems I got out of my call, what gems will you get from your call? You can literally ask Jack anything, you can challenge his thoughts and ideas, anything you want! And he will have an answer!

I highly recommend this!

Very good point. If you can't sell it, its not a business...its a hustle. not that there is anything wrong with that but there is a big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

croman

not a humanoid(wage-slave)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
Wow, wow, wow…..
So, after missing the first wave of calls offered by jack, i jumped at the chance when i saw that he opened it up again…i immediately bought 3 one hour sessions….

waited a bit to do the first…wanted to progress a little further to have cad drawings etc so he could review before call...

So i got off the phone today.

Wow.

I am happy to hear that he really liked my idea/concept(his words), i was a little worried about getting crushed…i felt in my gut that my business could make me a millionaire, having a respected accomplished entrepreneur tell you otherwise would be disheartening to say the least.

He opened my eyes about the money/funding situation…

And he came up with a few ideas how to do this WITHOUT giving away equity…

so creative in his approach….

he made me understand the problems that i have with my partner…which i knew deep down inside, but he made me realize a few things about this situation before they would inevitably get ugly…

Jack is THE MAN…

…He is so next level in his thinking…I compare it to an Nba all-star vs a rec thursday night ymca ball player…

So i ordered 3 sessions and finished one session….

I AM ORDERING 5 MORE SESSIONS…..MAYBE 10.

I Feel his guidance is amazing…Very cool guy too, easy to talk to,….and wow, very generous to the caller and the family...

I couldn't be happier..

Steve37

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Sep 4, 2012
Just finished my call with Jack. He's definitely one of those rare people that see the world through very different lenses than most. After this call my eyes will certainly be open to new avenues and opportunities that I would have certainly overlooked. Thanks Jack.

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
best $75 you can ever spend.. Jack is a great guy with a wealth of knowledge and experience.

felt awesome to speak with such an accomplished entrepreneur.

schedule a call now. Thanks Jack!

GodMode52

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Sep 26, 2013
Hey Jack looks like I can't PM you yet, not really looking for a phone call at the moment but I'd like to contribute, pop me your PP adress when possible.

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
In on this! Jack is the man.

Matt B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 6, 2014
If you're still browsing this thread, thinking "should I really spend 75 bucks on a call with that guy?": Do it, it's worth it.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
It would be great to see some progress threads spawn from these calls.

I'm definitely buying an INSIDERS subscription (in a few paychecks), and will start a progress thread. It'll be interesting to see my own journey typed out from rags to riches. Hopefully others will benefit they way I have from Jack's thread.

Harley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 9, 2014
Anyone had a call with Jack in the last week?
We were supposed to have a call last Friday and I never received the call.
I have sent a few messages since and no response. Not worried, just wondering if he is away, or dealing with something?

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
I have sent a few messages since and no response. Not worried, just wondering if he is away, or dealing with something?
I'm sure he'll get back to you shortly, he's just been snowed under with work.

Michael W.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 2, 2009
Ok City, OK

Had mine last Wednesday. He's usually very prompt, hope all is ok.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
It would be great to see some progress threads spawn from these calls.
I'm waiting for a few things to work out first. I completely had a mindset change from the call and stopped going for flashy and looking for products to sell to peers.

I've been going door to door in my city talking to employee's, managers, secretaries and some owners asking questions about their business. Partly Dane Maxwell type questions and some general questions about their business.

Ended up finding 3 SaaS ideas in two weeks. 1 is a priority and the others will come later. I have a DBA and dev lined up, but I'm waiting to hear back from a few people about funding.

I widened my lens of potential customers and got off my a$$. Now to see if it pays out.

Last edited:

MikeAU

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Mar 24, 2014
Brisbane
Thanks jack it was great talking to you today. Definitely helped me with finding the right path to take. (90 day) Challenge accepted!

It is great to talk to a very passionate down to earth guy who will tell it like it is. My first idea was no good and thankfully Jack called me on it. My second idea may have potential but I need to spend some time assessing the market and making sure there is a need and demand for it. If all goes well I will get a progress thread up. It's in the medical industry so I'm sure there will some nice big hurdles to jump but I'm up for the challenge!

Again cheers to you Jack, great cause and some invaluable information.

funkj25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 5, 2011
Any update on the family that is the recipient of the funds? Have you made the donation already?

Vig, when I spoke with Jack for my call a little over a month ago he'd made I believe 2 rounds of donations already (the original goal then some of the surplus). From what I recall the boy was increasingly not doing well.

I'm sure Jack can clarify more, just wanted to jump in since I knew he had already donated funds to them as of our talk a while ago for anyone who was wondering and still considering a call.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Any update on the family that is the recipient of the funds? Have you made the donation already?

I want to thank everyone who has helped. At this time I will NOT be adding any further calls.

If I owe you a call please Pm me. Or email me. And if we have a call scheduled I have you down. Thanks.

Here is an update. Kid is not doing well at all. If I got a call today I would not be surprised. I have donated every penny to this very needy family. I will post the obit.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I want to thank everyone who has helped. At this time I will NOT be adding any further calls.

If I owe you a call please Pm me. Or email me. And if we have a call scheduled I have you down. Thanks.

Here is an update. Kid is not doing well at all. If I got a call today I would not be surprised. I have donated every penny to this very needy family. I will post the obit.

Some times, opportunities present themselves to make a difference in the lives of people that are way bigger than us. This was one of those chances. My thoughts are with him and his family throughout this unimaginable time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.