The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1,000,000 Followers On Instagram: How I'm Growing My Account By 100,000 A Month

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
Last time I posted about growing my social media, my thread was met with lot of criticism (and rightfully so, as those who read it can attest).

Although well intentioned, my salesy language and verbose attitude was off-putting to many members.

I've learned from my mistake and want to make up for it.

I will make this extremely useful and practical, with absolutely zero fluff or self aggrandizement.

After that thread, I took a lot of things into consideration, and realized why my approach was so off-putting. Even though I had nothing to sell, no funnel to promote and no intention to make money from fellow readers, the way I wrote created that impression.

Consequently, I was disappointed that my effort was met with what I found then unfair criticism and cynicism. I aborted the mission and stopped updating that thread.

Fast forward 2 years, and I've learnt a lot I want to share with you, particularly about growing Instagram accounts.

I will show you:
  1. How I grew my account to 300,000+ followers in the past 3 months
  2. How I grow client accounts by 10,000+ followers a month
  3. Methods to grow your Instagram organically, without spending a dime on your Instagram
  4. Viral methods to grow your Instagram fast, by as many followers as you want to have

As you can see, I gained about 250,000 in the last 30 days alone.

My engagement rate is currently low, at only 0.67%

There are several reasons why.

First and foremost, I don't post much on my feed. As you can see, I only posted once in the last 30 days.

However, that post has an engagement rate of approximately 10%

The main reason the overall engagement rate is only 0.67% is that it takes into account older posts.

I have pictures and videos shared from back when I only had 10,000-40,000 followers, which bring the overall engagement rate down.

The second reason why the engagement is still not ideal, is that I'm leveraging viral growth in order to gain followers fast. Therefore, I haven't yet had the time to nurture my relationship with those followers. As time goes by, the numbers will largely improve.

Another important detail is that I have a lot of unfollows, for the very same reason. A quick look at my Social Blade statistics illustrates:

This is not because the followers are bots or fakes. This is extremely important to clarify.

Yes, the growth pattern seems unnatural, but that is a perfectly normal result of the growth method I'm using.

Here's what I'm currently doing.

I join "celebrity giveaways", the most powerful growth method for Instagram in 2020.

Here's how it works.

A celebrity with massive following announces that they are giving away large prizes (cash, iPhones, Rolex watches etc)

Their audience can win by following a select list of accounts. You get accepted in that list? You blow up overnight

View attachment RPReplay_Final1586972488.MP4

Here's an example of a recent celebrity giveaway campaign.

A famous Russian singer, Egor Kreed, with 12,000,000 is giving away his personal car, a Mercedes G series.

His followers have to follow everybody that he's following, in order to qualify for winning the prize.

That way you get a HUGE amount of followers in a very short period of time.

Most campaigns last anywhere from 3-4 days.

Of course, these people don't follow you because they like your pretty face. They're incentivized, in order to win something from the prize pool.

The bigger the celebrity and the bigger the prize pool, the more followers you get from a campaign like that.

Of course, the campaign is not free. You have to invest money to get access.

With the right connections in the industry, you can get into these campaigns for a bargain.

The cost of follower acquisition is actually very low.

It varies from $0.05 to $0.15 per follower depending on these factors

1) Audience demographics
2) Celebrity's audience size
3) Celebrity's fame
4) Prize pool

Nonetheless, it's extremely cheap, considering how fast you grow.

You could spend 1 year trying to grow purely organically and maybe gain 100,000 followers.

Or you can invest a few thousand dollars, and get the same result in a weekend.

Of course, the relationship you develop with your audience can't be bought, but you get your foot in the door quickly.

In fact, many accounts that have grown purely organically, do not produce better numbers in terms of engagement compared to accounts that grow virally.

You will see plenty of big pages with millions of followers, with quite sad engagement rates and below average follower growth and retention.

Instagram is highly competitive nowadays.

The time where you could grow to millions of followers purely organically, and enjoy "quality" engagement and retention are long gone.

Therefore, celebrity giveaways pose an incredible alternative that gets you the same results in much shorter timeframes.

Personally, I prefer this a lot more than organic growth.

Organic growth demands that you post regularly, at least once a day, sometimes even 2-3x a day.

I find this really annoying and time consuming.

Unless you're a professional content creator, this is not possible for the average Instagram user.

So how do you grow faster, and with less effort?

You have to invest some capital. There is really no other way.

(Well, there is, but it's not easy to pull off. I will get into it in a future post, cause I do not have the time at the moment to delve deep into it. Nor is it something that everyone can do.)

On the flipside, everyone can do organic growth or viral growth via celebrity giveaways.

It's just a matter of deciding what "fuel" you want to add to your Instagram Engine.

There are 2 types of Instagram Engine Fuels.

Time or Money.

Organic growth requires Time invested in creating great content, optimizing your hashtags, reaching the explore page and leveraging the Instagram Algorithm.

Viral growth via celebrity giveaways requires Money invested. That's pretty much it.

Of course, you still have to post in order to nurture the relationship you have with your followers.

But that can be best done by posting Instagram Stories, showing your daily whereabouts. In fact, these give you a better way to connect with your audience, than regular "feed" posts.

That's because they are mostly raw and unfiltered. This makes them feel more relatable and personalized. It's like interacting with your followers in real time, by showing them how you live your life.

Anyway, that's pretty much what I have to say for now.

Feel free to post your questions below. It will really help in giving me direction on what to talk about next.

And to close this off, I would like to give some props to the Fastlaners who gave me shit in my previous thread.

@rpeck90 , @Fox , @MJ DeMarco and too many others to name.

I appreciate the kick in the a$$. Lesson learned.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Won't read (not my channel of promotion) but will give benefit of the doubt.
So You get a thread bump.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I've read about using celeb giveaways late last year; there was a giveaway with Kylie Jenner (or Kendall, can't remember), where you join lots of other accounts and pool $$$ together to take part (it was expensive af if I recall correctly).

While there's no doubt this method will give real followers, what about the quality of the followers? I'm pretty sure as hell it's gonna be s*** lol, because like you mentioned, "these people don't follow you because they like your pretty face. They're incentivized, in order to win something from the prize pool."

Then what's the point? LOL They're not going to like your post, they'll unfollow after the giveaway ends, and it's non-niche.

I feel the golden age of IG and FB is over. I've been checking out some shops on Etsy, they made a lot of sales, but when I check their FB/IG, it's less than 1k followers (most are under 500) with low engagement rate. So, this shows that having social media accounts with lots of followers =/= sales and $$$.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Isn't high follow rate but low engagement bad for the algorithm? What's the point of increasing your follower count if the same number of people engage with your content? In my, ignorant, opinion, a page with 1M followers, and 10 people commenting shows the page as dead.

What's a good way to run a contest that increases your follower count with people who want to see your content?

We have a 10% engagement rate on one account. 7k followers, and a handful of website clicks per week.
A profile visit rate of 18%, where we advertise our product. Which translates to 0.007% CTR to the website.

Follower growth of 1000 per 2 weeks. This is a very niched industry, so 20,000k followers per month is unrealistic. But we're beating out everyone else in this space. The leader has 400k followers, with a terrible engagement rate.

How does "Reach" come into play?

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
While there's no doubt this method will give real followers, what about the quality of the followers? I'm pretty sure as hell it's gonna be s*** lol, because like you mentioned, "these people don't follow you because they like your pretty face. They're incentivized, in order to win something from the prize pool."

Then what's the point? LOL They're not going to like your post, they'll unfollow after the giveaway ends, and it's non-niche.

The drop-off rate varies but is usually about 10-20%.

If you get 100,000 followers, about 10,000-20,000 of them will unfollow you.

The rest will stick with you. From there it's your job to nurture the relationship you have with them.

It's like any form of advertising.

100,000 people will see your offer. A percentage of them will not be interested. But there is a percentage that will be, which would never knew you existed if you didn't place the ad in the first place.

Whether it's niche or non-niche, that's up to you to select a campaign that has the demographic that interests you.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
Isn't high follow rate but low engagement bad for the algorithm? What's the point of increasing your follower count if the same number of people engage with your content? In my, ignorant, opinion, a page with 1M followers, and 10 people commenting shows the page as dead.

What's a good way to run a contest that increases your follower count with people who want to see your content?

How does "Reach" come into play?

It could bad for the algorithm if 1) you rely heavily on algorithmic based organic growth and 2) do not take time to nurture a relationship with your new followers.

They are real people. They will engage more if you give them reasons to. There's still work involved in it. The main advantage is that you get your foot in the door quickly. But you cannot skip the part of working to build trust and loyalty within your fanbase.

The way you run a contest that increases your follower count with people who may want to see your content is simple.

Enter a campaign with the right follower demographics.

For example, if you're a fighter, you want followers who are interested in fighting, combat sports, martial arts etc.

You want to enter a contest with Floyd Mayweather, not Kylie Jenner.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
How would you compare this methods ROI to Instagram Ads?

Since you’re spending money anyway.

I’ve seen <$.10 a click on Facebook ads for moderately well targeted traffic.

nitop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Dec 21, 2015
Last time I posted about growing my social media, my thread was met with lot of criticism (and rightfully so, as those who read it can attest).

Although well intentioned, my salesy language and verbose attitude was off-putting to many members.

I will make this extremely useful and practical, with absolutely zero fluff or self aggrandizement.

After that thread, I took a lot of things into consideration, and realized why my approach was so off-putting. Even though I had nothing to sell, no funnel to promote and no intention to make money from fellow readers, the way I wrote created that impression.

Consequently, I was disappointed that my effort was met with what I found then unfair criticism and cynicism. I aborted the mission and stopped updating that thread.

Fast forward 2 years, and I've learnt a lot I want to share with you, particularly about growing Instagram accounts.

I will show you:
  3. Methods to grow your Instagram organically, without spending a dime on your Instagram
  4. Viral methods to grow your Instagram fast, by as many followers as you want to have
View attachment 32358

First and foremost, I don't post much on my feed. As you can see, I only posted once in the last 30 days.

View attachment 32359

The main reason the overall engagement rate is only 0.67% is that it takes into account older posts.

I have pictures and videos shared from back when I only had 10,000-40,000 followers, which bring the overall engagement rate down.

The second reason why the engagement is still not ideal, is that I'm leveraging viral growth in order to gain followers fast. Therefore, I haven't yet had the time to nurture my relationship with those followers. As time goes by, the numbers will largely improve.

Another important detail is that I have a lot of unfollows, for the very same reason. A quick look at my Social Blade statistics illustrates:

View attachment 32360

This is not because the followers are bots or fakes. This is extremely important to clarify.

Yes, the growth pattern seems unnatural, but that is a perfectly normal result of the growth method I'm using.

I join "celebrity giveaways", the most powerful growth method for Instagram in 2020.

Here's how it works.

A celebrity with massive following announces that they are giving away large prizes (cash, iPhones, Rolex watches etc)

Their audience can win by following a select list of accounts. You get accepted in that list? You blow up overnight

View attachment 32364

A famous Russian singer, Egor Kreed, with 12,000,000 is giving away his personal car, a Mercedes G series.

His followers have to follow everybody that he's following, in order to qualify for winning the prize.

Of course, these people don't follow you because they like your pretty face. They're incentivized, in order to win something from the prize pool.

The bigger the celebrity and the bigger the prize pool, the more followers you get from a campaign like that.

With the right connections in the industry, you can get into these campaigns for a bargain.

1) Audience demographics
3) Celebrity's fame
4) Prize pool

You could spend 1 year trying to grow purely organically and maybe gain 100,000 followers.

Of course, the relationship you develop with your audience can't be bought, but you get your foot in the door quickly.

In fact, many accounts that have grown purely organically, do not produce better numbers in terms of engagement compared to accounts that grow virally.

You will see plenty of big pages with millions of followers, with quite sad engagement rates and below average follower growth and retention.

The time where you could grow to millions of followers purely organically, and enjoy "quality" engagement and retention are long gone.

Therefore, celebrity giveaways pose an incredible alternative that gets you the same results in much shorter timeframes.

Organic growth demands that you post regularly, at least once a day, sometimes even 2-3x a day.

Unless you're a professional content creator, this is not possible for the average Instagram user.

(Well, there is, but it's not easy to pull off. I will get into it in a future post, cause I do not have the time at the moment to delve deep into it. Nor is it something that everyone can do.)

On the flipside, everyone can do organic growth or viral growth via celebrity giveaways.

It's just a matter of deciding what "fuel" you want to add to your Instagram Engine.

Time or Money.

Organic growth requires Time invested in creating great content, optimizing your hashtags, reaching the explore page and leveraging the Instagram Algorithm.

Viral growth via celebrity giveaways requires Money invested. That's pretty much it.

Of course, you still have to post in order to nurture the relationship you have with your followers.

But that can be best done by posting Instagram Stories, showing your daily whereabouts. In fact, these give you a better way to connect with your audience, than regular "feed" posts.

That's because they are mostly raw and unfiltered. This makes them feel more relatable and personalized. It's like interacting with your followers in real time, by showing them how you live your life.

Feel free to post your questions below. It will really help in giving me direction on what to talk about next.

And to close this off, I would like to give some props to the Fastlaners who gave me shit in my previous thread.

Hey damian,
Great strategy and thanks for sharing.. I actually saw it working for others quite well..
If you can provide some advice on how to economically enter these contests, it will be highly appreciated..
I actually want to invest into this growth strategy as well..
P.s: Can i dm you about upcoming loops introductions ?

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
How would you compare this methods ROI to Instagram Ads?

Since you’re spending money anyway.

I’ve seen <$.10 a click on Facebook ads for moderately well targeted traffic.

I think it's better considering you don't have to do or know everything. The average person who doesn't know FB/IG ads can do it

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Feb 8, 2016
Hey damian,
Great strategy and thanks for sharing.. I actually saw it working for others quite well..
If you can provide some advice on how to economically enter these contests, it will be highly appreciated..
I actually want to invest into this growth strategy as well..
P.s: Can i dm you about upcoming loops introductions ?

There are campaigns in the $1000 range, but don't expect anything significant.

What you give is what you get

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Damian recently contacted me regarding an article I wrote about him previously.

Upon looking at what he was up to, I found he's been on the new series of "Greece's Next Top Model", and has courted media attention for it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWj8suKWcDM&ab_channel=StarTvGreece

Might be worth giving some background on how this came about, and its impact on socials? I suppose interest grows with progression in the show, which cannot be divulged until it's happened.

Regardless, many congratulations for the appearance! I did some research and it's a shame Iliana isn't involved anymore :(

smark

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 25, 2017

I will show you:
View attachment 32358

View attachment 32359

View attachment 32360

Here's how it works.

View attachment 32364

1) Audience demographics
3) Celebrity's fame
4) Prize pool

Time or Money.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown Damian.

Can you also explicitly tell us how it is that you go about joining these giveaways? For example, do you DM large accounts in advance, or are there platforms where one can sign up for this?

Besides that, good luck on GNTM and whatever it is you're currently up to. As a Greek-Cypriot myself, I think your story is def something worth looking up to.

Tim001

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Sep 12, 2018
I am reading this post and totally agree - it appears giveaways is the only way to grow. I recently did a giveaway with an account that had 500K in my niche and gained about 4 to 5K followers, it cost me $1000 to the influencer and about $120 in products. I feel that was well worth it. Also I found that large givesways with many other people don't work as well because they require people to follow tons of accounts, if you can get 1:1 with a medium size account - that is what I found best.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

I will show you:
View attachment 32358

View attachment 32359

View attachment 32360

Here's how it works.

View attachment 32364

1) Audience demographics
3) Celebrity's fame
4) Prize pool

Time or Money.

have you been exposed to using this exact strategy on an account that is an anonymous one instead of a personal brand?

What's your experience in regards to selling digital business products through Instagram?

What's your updates so far and anything new you can share about this growth strategy?

I see your follower count has been going down, but seems to be tapering off a bit now.

Attachments

• follow count.PNG
    follow count.PNG
    49.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.