The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

“Endless Entertainment” - Beware!

Anything related to matters of the mind
G

Guest6814

Yesterday I went into Amazon to grab the ID number of one of my books, for a promotion in which I’m participating. As soon as the Amazon page came up on my browser, it showed the phrase “endless entertainment.” In that simple two-word Amazon gave voice to the phenomenon that the Western culture has been pushing for the past 40 years or longer: the idea of sitting around, doing absolutely nothing, absorbing passive entertainment that other people created.

Constant passive entertainment is the thing that holds so many people back and keeps them stuck in place. Does your entertainment add a little zest to your life, or does it become the very thing that gets you going in the morning?

The idea of pursuing recreation (active) is lost on many people, replaced by entertainment (passive).

I’m not sure I’m adding anything that people on this forum don’t already know. It’s just an idea that I wanted to put up for discussion.

There’s a lot to rant about this subject, but I have to go and do something productive now.

Thanks for reading,
Nate Wyckoff

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
there is a reason for this society that has been overloaded with entertainment

i can't say it here because people wouldn't understand it.

--> people think from the frame that has been imposed on them and won't admit other frames

sco.jpg

people are lazy. when we ask them to think outside the box for a minute, they call that conspiracy or whatever.

am.jpg

they will be punished for their stupidity anyway because hard times are coming

just remember that chickens are well fed , entertained and happy before being cooked

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Dopamine is a powerful force, readily available, and difficult to overcome.

All I can think of is Brave New World and the soma addicts.

We're there.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
@gms17d, OK, I'm going to bite. Sounds like you have either read enough or experienced enough or both to understand how all of us are failures due to the fact of not knowing that we are not knowing.

So, rather than saying that we will be 'punished' for not knowing, why don't you share something positive so that we may get out of the punishment.

Give me some VALUE that can be used rather than the BS doom and gloom that we have utterly , absolutely no chance in 1 million+ years to ever learn from the all knowing few that understand but still don't share the way out of our dire, delusional state.

Give me some VALUE or shut the f.......

G

Guest6814

there is a reason for this society that has been overloaded with entertainment

i can't say it here because people wouldn't understand it.

--> people think from the frame that has been imposed on them and won't admit other frames

View attachment 22008

people are lazy. when we ask them to think outside the box for a minute, they call that conspiracy or whatever.

View attachment 22009

they will be punished for their stupidity anyway because hard times are coming

just remember that chickens are well fed , entertained and happy before being cooked

Postman’s book was a real eye-opener. I read it years ago, for a university course on communication studies.

JoshA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 14, 2017
USA
Modern day "Bread and Circuses"

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
@gms17d, OK, I'm going to bite. Sounds like you have either read enough or experienced enough or both to understand how all of us are failures due to the fact of not knowing that we are not knowing.

So, rather than saying that we will be 'punished' for not knowing, why don't you share something positive so that we may get out of the punishment.

Give me some VALUE that can be used rather than the BS doom and gloom that we have utterly , absolutely no chance in 1 million+ years to ever learn from the all knowing few that understand but still don't share the way out of our dire, delusional state.

You might like The Benedict Option. It’s got all the doom and gloom and then a clear strategy for making it through the fall of Rome. *cough I mean Western civilization.

The gist is this, small communities of brilliant people keep traditions, culture, wisdom and skills safe while the rest of the world goes batshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom

This guy doesn't respond to anything. He shits out his "people are idiots, its a conspiracy!!!!" line and never explains or expands. Can't stand reading his cringe as F*ck comments

WildHoneyTree

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Sep 3, 2017
Planet Earth
Looked up the book Endless Entertainment and liking it. Thing with works like this or Century of Self and these anti consumerist ideologues ... Doesn't a wanna be fastlaner, future multi millionaire need people to buy into consumer culture? Coz honestly most people can live in a shack, eat coconuts and wear grass skirts and be perfectly happy. Who are going to sell product to? How do you reconcile fastlane and anti materialist/ anti consumerist mindsets?

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
Haven't you heard the badge of honor around the water cooler when Netflix dumps a 12 episode series all at once and someone has watched it all within 2 days?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.