• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

“Endless Entertainment” - Beware!

Discussion in 'The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Mind' started by natew, Oct 5, 2018.

1. natew

natew Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $504
    Yesterday I went into Amazon to grab the ID number of one of my books, for a promotion in which I’m participating. As soon as the Amazon page came up on my browser, it showed the phrase “endless entertainment.” In that simple two-word Amazon gave voice to the phenomenon that the Western culture has been pushing for the past 40 years or longer: the idea of sitting around, doing absolutely nothing, absorbing passive entertainment that other people created.

Constant passive entertainment is the thing that holds so many people back and keeps them stuck in place. Does your entertainment add a little zest to your life, or does it become the very thing that gets you going in the morning?

The idea of pursuing recreation (active) is lost on many people, replaced by entertainment (passive).

I’m not sure I’m adding anything that people on this forum don’t already know. It’s just an idea that I wanted to put up for discussion.

There’s a lot to rant about this subject, but I have to go and do something productive now.

Thanks for reading,
    Nate Wyckoff

DST, GregDott, Fastlane Liam and 14 others like this.
  2. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,423
    there is a reason for this society that has been overloaded with entertainment

i can't say it here because people wouldn't understand it.

--> people think from the frame that has been imposed on them and won't admit other frames

sco.jpg

people are lazy. when we ask them to think outside the box for a minute, they call that conspiracy or whatever.

am.jpg

they will be punished for their stupidity anyway because hard times are coming

just remember that chickens are well fed , entertained and happy before being cooked

3. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,561
    Dopamine is a powerful force, readily available, and difficult to overcome.

All I can think of is Brave New World and the soma addicts.

We're there.

GradyS, andyhaus44, Kak and 5 others like this.
  4. million$$$smile

million$$$smile Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $55,654
    @gms17d, OK, I'm going to bite. Sounds like you have either read enough or experienced enough or both to understand how all of us are failures due to the fact of not knowing that we are not knowing.

So, rather than saying that we will be 'punished' for not knowing, why don't you share something positive so that we may get out of the punishment.

Give me some VALUE that can be used rather than the BS doom and gloom that we have utterly , absolutely no chance in 1 million+ years to ever learn from the all knowing few that understand but still don't share the way out of our dire, delusional state.

Give me some VALUE or shut the f.......

5. natew

natew Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $504
    Postman’s book was a real eye-opener. I read it years ago, for a university course on communication studies.

6. JoshA

JoshA Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $319
    Modern day "Bread and Circuses"

7. Primeperiwinkle

Primeperiwinkle Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $803
    You might like The Benedict Option. It’s got all the doom and gloom and then a clear strategy for making it through the fall of Rome. *cough I mean Western civilization.

The gist is this, small communities of brilliant people keep traditions, culture, wisdom and skills safe while the rest of the world goes batshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veloce Grey likes this.
  8. Fastlane Liam

Fastlane Liam Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,883
    This guy doesn't respond to anything. He sh*ts out his "people are idiots, its a conspiracy!!!!" line and never explains or expands. Can't stand reading his cringe as f*ck comments

9. shubham525

shubham525 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $684
  10. WildHoneyTree

WildHoneyTree Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $126
    Looked up the book Endless Entertainment and liking it. Thing with works like this or Century of Self and these anti consumerist ideologues ... Doesn't a wanna be fastlaner, future multi millionaire need people to buy into consumer culture? Coz honestly most people can live in a shack, eat coconuts and wear grass skirts and be perfectly happy. Who are going to sell product to? How do you reconcile fastlane and anti materialist/ anti consumerist mindsets?

11. GradyS

GradyS Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $207
    Haven't you heard the badge of honor around the water cooler when Netflix dumps a 12 episode series all at once and someone has watched it all within 2 days?

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.