The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rate my landing page!

CMG987

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 10, 2014
Germany
Dear all,

finally after many days, weekends and even months of work I have now completed my first website.

It deals with an online course about "how to dance in a club"!

Please let me know what you think or what you would do differently.

Also I'd like to know if somebody here had already much experience with GUMROAD (how to find affiliates etc.)

Website--> http://truthaboutdancing.com/

NEXT QUESTION: How would start from now? (Without an email list)

Best regards
C.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GMJimmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 19, 2015
Hi!

Congrats for your business. I think it's coming on well, may just need a few tweaks:

- IMO when you are selling a course you have to be an authority in the field. I would put more emphasis on your achievement. Right now it is hidden at the bottom and too modest.

- Although a close-up face photo helps to build truth, you may want to use action-photos, ie while you are on stage. And put something on top as well.

- Describe the benefits very clearly, not just the features.

- To me the book cover is not very convincing too. Maybe a pop-star character would help?

- Testimonials are suspicious. Too business-like, same length and style etc.

You can always A-B test variations of landing pages and see what converts best.

Blue1214

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 26, 2014
That call to action "buy it" is really bad.

I'd go with something benefit/action oriented like "learn to dance" and split test variations of that.

That book cover needs to be split tested with one that is more realistic on first glance it looks like a joke ( by that I mean it looks like some kind of funny book not a serious one about dancing)

be more specifc about benefits.

dont say "learn how to dance fast" tell me exactly how fast I should be able to learn in 1 week? 2 days?

same with other benefits.

The bonus lesson "how to get girls"

I would promote that entirely seperate with a different book cover and all as a whole free package, it will increase the perceived value of what they are getting. dedicate a section to that free book explaining a little bit more of what they'll get.

I would start with paid promotion personally, PPC , (I have experience here though) start split testing and before worrying about affiliates for my product prove that it can sell.

With that free package you have, I would give it away free BUT they must enter email address and they get that free sample as a gift. Start building a list.

You're targeting people who are noobs at dancing so you wont be targeting people who are already experienced.
Why would someone need this?

Find people who: are getting married soon or going to wedding? go to clubs? parties, etc.

Right now your page doesn't do a good job targeting club goers specifically if that's what you were going for.

Become an authority figure on dancing, give people tips on dancing for free, post more videos of you having fun dancing to show you know your stuff.

Also challenge some objections they might have-

"You will learn to dance even if you've never stepped foot on a dancefloor before"
"even if you are white and people say you have no rhythym"

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just a tip:

It's hard to rate a landing page (I've not even looked at it) without knowing who's visiting, and why they're visiting.

Some questions you should ask yourself:
  1. How are you getting people to this page?
  2. What ad, article, or email have they just read?
  3. What did it promise them?
  4. What are their expectations when they arrive at this page?
  5. Will their experience match their expectations?

Something else to think about:

Last edited by a moderator:

Piranha22

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 26, 2015
Koblenz, Germany
That book cover needs to be split tested with one that is more realistic on first glance it looks like a joke ( by that I mean it looks like some kind of funny book not a serious one about dancing)

I second this. I'm no expert on this but if I would go on your page and see your book cover I'd think the book is one of those joke gifts you give your friend with 2 left feet. Doesn't go well with the amount you're charging for the 'premium' and 'ultimate'.

What I can say as a person who himself has no idea how to dance in a club, is that I all-in-all definitely got interested. If I weren't a poor student I probably would've bought the book for 30$ or something (currently not an option). But if you're charging 200/690 (btw round those prices up, ever seen a Rolex watch cost 19,989.55$ ?) I would definitely show more about your background/dance videos. Your site didn't look like you were selling a 690$ service.

As I've said though, I'm not an expert, just what I personally would think as a customer if I landed on your site.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Turn your free version into a sales funnel. Place a email capture where your cover is now. "Enter email for 3 free lessons." Nothing else, no name, age etc.
Ditch the cover and the soft blue header. I feel like I'm on a fitness/yoga for women page. Make it more sexy, bold. Some reds should be in there. A personalized video would do good next to the email opt-in.

Email campaign to free users with more bonus lessons and tips. These can be pre-written and automated with any modern email marketing service. After a week, hit them with a discounted version for X% off. Give away value before ever even mentioning price.

But all of this is nothing without traffic. Read @Andy Black 's stuff.

Changing Buy Now to Dance Now etc is a good tip.

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
Some quick thoughts. I am in a rush so I haven't read the replies above yet (sorry if this is mentioned already).

- I don't like the italics font that you are using in some places
- A bit too much going on, especially with the "slide in" or whatever it's called.
- The CTAs are pretty bad. Too small, bad font. NO italics please.
- Where it says "Subscribe now", I think you should include a benefit to remind people of what they get. For example, "subscribe now to become..... in x days/weeks/months"
- Make sure you have some Facebook followers before you launch this course. It is going to be hard to sell a course for $200-$600 if people check your FB page and you have one like ;)

Overall, it looks pretty decent. Good luck!

CMG987

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 10, 2014
Germany
Thanks to everybody who did comment on this!!
As I mentioned I am at the beginning and still improve the website regularly.

Marketing is a hell of a B**** but experience is the key for sure.
Traffic + getting to my target audience is most important. Also pricing must be tested over time, no doubt.

One more question:
Do Fiverr services really work out in terms of real traffic, leads etc...?

Or better focus on FB ads and SEO.

Regards and thanks again for your valuable feedback.
C.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.