The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Putting the pedal to the metal!

TomW

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 3, 2015
Finland
Hello guys!

I joined the forum a while ago but for some reason I haven't wrote about myself.

Guess I got a little shy... ;)

After @Andy Black emailed me and welcomed me to the forum I realised that there are people here who really want to help you and give value!

And I am going to be one of those guys!

I'll tell you a little about myself and what the hell I've been doing past years and how I got here...

Me
I'm a 21 (22 this month) year old lad from Finland with nothing more than high school education. I still live at home. I'm not sure if I have any skill in particular where I'm good at but I'm developing my writing skills to be able to do copywriting (As @SinisterLex and the others suggest!) I'm currently reading a book called "The Copywriter's Handbook" by Robert W. Bly. I'm also watching videos made by @SinisterLex about copywriting and entrepreneurship on youtube.
I'm in the process of understanding the fastlane mindset. I am going to be a producer not a consumer.

What the hell I've been doing
In the year of 2013 I graduated from high school with not so good grades. I applied to School of Economics but because of the lack of motivation I didn't even go to the test.
In the summer I went to army and served for a year in the Finnish Navy in coastal troops as military police corporal (non-commissioned officer).

In 2015 I applied again in School of Economics. This time I even bought a preparation course for the exam for 1490 euros (1664.95$) but again, I failed. After that I got a summer job from a car factory and worked there for the summer, I also got a part-time stevedore job.

Last autumn I started feeling like I haven't accomplished anything in the past years. Most of my friends started studying and moved to another cities. I was just sitting at home figuring out what to do.

How I got here
Not too long ago I started watching videos about self-improvement on youtube and found an interesting channel about it. The founder of the channel reads books about self-improvement and everytime he finishes a book he makes an animated video of the main ideas of the book.
The first video I watched was about MJ's book.

It fought against everything I've been told so I had to read it.

TMF and this forum really got me thinking differently about entrepreneurship.
I realised that quite many of the startup companies are being founded for very selfish reasons and because of that they might never get to their fullest potential.
For example a fresh graduate from law school might start up a law firm or somebody who likes horses starts giving riding lessons. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's something wrong with that but if the business fills only the need of the founder, he/she is going to have a bad time.

Soon after reading the book and hanging out in the forum I understood that one has to look for a problem or a need that many people have in common. And when one finds it, he has to give up all his selfish excuses and come up with a solution which fulfills this need or solves this problem. When one does that, he creates value.
I am going to build my business on this principle. I understand that I am in the beginning of my journey and I that I have A LOT to learn!

I hope we can help each other out!

Things I have done since I read TMF and joined the forum
1. 2 weeks ago I made a trade name which allows me to work on Upwork and Freelance
2. I decided to take action and move out from home. I have an apartment waiting in another city. I'm moving out the first of March.

I have a short-term plan but I think I have to write about it in another post!
I hope this is not too long post for introduction, haha!
Also haven't been writing in english for some time, sorry for bad english!

Feel free to ask me anything, I'm sure I can help you in some way! :)

Tuomas

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello guys!

I joined the forum a while ago but for some reason I haven't wrote about myself.

Guess I got a little shy... ;)

After @Andy Black emailed me and welcomed me to the forum I realised that there are people here who really want to help you and give value!

And I am going to be one of those guys!

I'll tell you a little about myself and what the hell I've been doing past years and how I got here...

Me
I'm a 21 (22 this month) year old lad from Finland with nothing more than high school education. I still live at home. I'm not sure if I have any skill in particular where I'm good at but I'm developing my writing skills to be able to do copywriting (As @SinisterLex and the others suggest!) I'm currently reading a book called "The Copywriter's Handbook" by Robert W. Bly. I'm also watching videos made by @SinisterLex about copywriting and entrepreneurship on youtube.
I'm in the process of understanding the fastlane mindset. I am going to be a producer not a consumer.

What the hell I've been doing
In the year of 2013 I graduated from high school with not so good grades. I applied to School of Economics but because of the lack of motivation I didn't even go to the test.
In the summer I went to army and served for a year in the Finnish Navy in coastal troops as military police corporal (non-commissioned officer).

In 2015 I applied again in School of Economics. This time I even bought a preparation course for the exam for 1490 euros (1664.95$) but again, I failed. After that I got a summer job from a car factory and worked there for the summer, I also got a part-time stevedore job.

Last autumn I started feeling like I haven't accomplished anything in the past years. Most of my friends started studying and moved to another cities. I was just sitting at home figuring out what to do.

How I got here
Not too long ago I started watching videos about self-improvement on youtube and found an interesting channel about it. The founder of the channel reads books about self-improvement and everytime he finishes a book he makes an animated video of the main ideas of the book.
The first video I watched was about MJ's book.

It fought against everything I've been told so I had to read it.

TMF and this forum really got me thinking differently about entrepreneurship.
I realised that quite many of the startup companies are being founded for very selfish reasons and because of that they might never get to their fullest potential.
For example a fresh graduate from law school might start up a law firm or somebody who likes horses starts giving riding lessons. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's something wrong with that but if the business fills only the need of the founder, he/she is going to have a bad time.

Soon after reading the book and hanging out in the forum I understood that one has to look for a problem or a need that many people have in common. And when one finds it, he has to give up all his selfish excuses and come up with a solution which fulfills this need or solves this problem. When one does that, he creates value.
I am going to build my business on this principle. I understand that I am in the beginning of my journey and I that I have A LOT to learn!

I hope we can help each other out!

Things I have done since I read TMF and joined the forum
1. 2 weeks ago I made a trade name which allows me to work on Upwork and Freelance
2. I decided to take action and move out from home. I have an apartment waiting in another city. I'm moving out the first of March.

I have a short-term plan but I think I have to write about it in another post!
I hope this is not too long post for introduction, haha!
Also haven't been writing in english for some time, sorry for bad english!

Feel free to ask me anything, I'm sure I can help you in some way! :)

Tuomas
Great intro and great English!

It looks like you've found something that you don't need to "motivate" yourself to do.

Looking forward to hearing about your journey.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...