The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Official 2014 Beer & Pancakes Topic Thread

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Russ H said:
"Bobby, living TAX FREE IN THE US would be my first choice"
That would be very, very difficult.

Well of course. If it was easy, everyone would do it. :woot:

Might I suggest that, if you do not present this as a topic, it would make a helluva great brainstorming session... if we had 15 extra minutes. Would love to hear ideas from the group.

Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Let's see...
generating ideas?
eating dinner at the hosts?
Oh, I know... whoopin' it up around town. :rockon:

Option D, all of the above. I imagine at M&D's aka the chic-est entrepreneur hang out joint in Scottsdale.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Ok, so I've got a ticket (and hotel room to B&P) BUT, I just can't make it this year. I have tried to work a way to maybe even fly in for Saturday only and back out that evening but I don't think I can make even that. It sucks. but it is what it is. Anyone interested in buying my ticket for what I paid for it, PM me. Also, I reserved a room for Friday, Sat night that I'm going to cancel if possible.
So much for hearing my presentation on 'Determination' or what backpacking 2600 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail taught me to build a million dollar business...

And guys, I really, really was looking forward to hearing the presentations....

Randall

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Ok, so I've got a ticket (and hotel room to B&P) BUT, I just can't make it this year. I have tried to work a way to maybe even fly in for Saturday only and back out that evening but I don't think I can make even that. It sucks. but it is what it is. Anyone interested in buying my ticket for what I paid for it, PM me. Also, I reserved a room for Friday, Sat night that I'm going to cancel if possible.
So much for hearing my presentation on 'Determination' or what backpacking 2600 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail taught me to build a million dollar business...

And guys, I really, really was looking forward to hearing the presentations....

Randall

PM sent re ticket.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
@JasonR - On the presentation laptop, what version of PowerPoint will it have? And is it PC or Mac? Thanks.

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
•How to get great customer reviews (there is a system)
First choice goes to this one, then How to leverage real estate
"Navigating the bumps on the Silk Road: How to create and bring imported luxury goods to market"
Managing suppliers, currency swings, and your brand's web reputation.
I vote for this one

Here are a few ideas for my presentation:
  1. Quick and dirty overview of the craft beer industry: What it takes, problems we've encountered, opportunities we see, etc.
  2. How to differentiate and add value in an increasingly crowded market
  3. How to turn a hobby into a business.
  4. How to manage when experiencing project overload, and how to delegate...coming from someone with no experience managing employees.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Here are a few ideas for my presentation:
  1. Quick and dirty overview of the craft beer industry: What it takes, problems we've encountered, opportunities we see, etc.
  2. How to differentiate and add value in an increasingly crowded market
  3. How to turn a hobby into a business.
  4. How to manage when experiencing project overload, and how to delegate...coming from someone with no experience managing employees.

First choice = #2 (differentiation)

Second choice = #4 (project overload)

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
My presentation topic will be on importing from Mexico. Also there will be a bite sized bonus presentation on another topic regarding importing as well.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Alright, so 3 options for me:

1) How to do a product Launch ( I did one that netted 20k in revenue over 7 days) -> mistakes, how to manage affiliates etc

2) How to get a product into the market within 7 days (including manufacturing, labels, logo creating, landing pages etc)

3) How I went from extremely sick and living in my moms basement to living in paradise with 4 fastlaners (on a shoestring budget), almost going bankrupt twice, getting into great shape again, killing 2 businesses and how to survive at all costs.

Whatcha guys want to hear about?

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
I've given 3 B&P presentations over the years on option spreads. I've covered naked contracts, vertical spreads, and calendar (time spreads), all other spreads are derived or a combination of these three. I've noticed that I never get questions related to the technical side of spreads, but i'm always asked......

How much can I make with option spreads?

It's a great question, just not one that I can answer for YOU. My answer for YOU, is that it depends. The more risk you take, the more you can make (position sizing). However, the higher the probability your spread has of being successful, the more it hurts your account balance when it isn't (strike placement).

To me, it's a balance between position sizing and strike placement. Do you want to stack your lineup with homerun hitters that strike out most of the time for the chance of hitting a solo homerun, or do you want a bunch of hitters to hit singles with the risk of the 4th batter hitting into a triple play? For most, the answer is somewhere in between, but exactly where on the spectrum depends on YOU.

So, instead of going over the nuts-and-bolts of a particular spread and trying to speculate on what your risk tolerance is, i'll show an example of the system i'm using to strike a balance between position sizing, rolling, and strike placement that works for me. I'm not going to share the magic inside my black box, but i'll show how it's possible, how I created it, and the dials you can turn to create your own rule based system.

I'd also be willing to do an AMA on option spreads, although I get the feeling from this thread that AMA presentations are frowned on....

Or, if anyone has any option related topics/questions they'd like to see covered, let me know. I'm willing to go that route also.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Well of course. If it was easy, everyone would do it. :woot:

Might I suggest that, if you do not present this as a topic, it would make a helluva great brainstorming session... if we had 15 extra minutes. Would love to hear ideas from the group.

I have several "grey" ideas but this would absolutely not be fit for video.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I do not think mine will be on lead gen, i do not know yet what ill present. I will figure out what is most useful to the majority of the group on the plane.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't know yet either what I'll present on. Maybe how to pre-sell a training course or info product before you actually create it to make sure it's something the market wants? Too boring?

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
I don't know yet either what I'll present on. Maybe how to pre-sell a training course or info product before you actually create it to make sure it's something the market wants? Too boring?
I'd be interested in hearing in your topic as I missed the INSIDERS call. And also about how you identified who to pre-sell to and how you managed to reach them cost effectively for your testing.

And maybe why you chose to do an info product while everyone else today is looking at apps, ecommerce and SaaS.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
So, I've only heard from about half of you regarding topics. I'm going to start scheduling everyone in. If you haven't emailed me about your topic, or you haven't seen the email I've sent, please email me at jason @ jasonregan.me with the subject line "B&P 2014 Topics"

Those who email me first get first preference on what time and day they want to present.

Thanks guys!

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
@Atown512 #1

I think I am leaning towards:
1) Etsy Powerselling Secrets - $10k/month from Imported Products

But could also do:
2) INSIDERS's View of "Selling from the Stage"
3) Any topic geared towards residential Real Estate Investing (Fix and Flips, Rentals, Lease Options, Subject-Tos, Short Sales, etc.)

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
@AnneC please do Etsy powerselling secrets. If not, I will buy you drinks for the privilege of hearing all about this. :p

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Jason, I just sent you an email as well.
Here is my topic;

How to Create Highly Converting Ad Campaigns Tailored to Any Consumer Mindset

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.