The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Meditation and the Fastlane

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Sal, AKA @Likwid24, AKA Witch Dr, AKA Crazy Man...are we related ? Too many things in common...no man crush :yuck:. lol.

Quantum Physics is fascinating to me. I've been meditating and visualizing for years...works well for me too. Pretty wild stories here also.

I first learned to meditate while learning martial arts. My instructor taught a group of us. He was pretty amazing. If anyone knows of the "One inch punch", he demonstrated and it was amazing. This has to do with focus and energy.

I wish I could recommend a book on meditation but alas, I cannot. There are many forms of meditation and you can literally meditate anytime, anywhere. There's even 'walking meditation'. It's simply being in the moment and aware of absolutely everything.

In general, mediation is largely used for relaxation, focus, visualization. I often "Focus on the space between the thoughts". That's right. There is space between your thoughts. If you're like me...I have a million thoughts going on at any given moment so meditation has benefited me greatly. In my experience, I truly believe anything is possible. I did not think this when I was 20yrs old but life experiences have educated me.

Question for those experienced ones....I have Psoriasis and I HATE it ! I have outbreaks...gets better...outbreaks...repeat. It's a genetic 'flaw' as my Doc puts it (oh yea..she's HOT by the way). I just like stating that fact. :D I am very, very bothered by the fact that mentally, I have not been able to control this Psoriasis. I mean...I can direct blood flow, make muscles twitch, do a lot of things via focus and meditation, but this damn thing has me pissed. Suggestions ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
Sal, AKA @Likwid24, AKA Witch Dr, AKA Crazy Man...are we related ? Too many things in common...no man crush :yuck:. lol.

Quantum Physics is fascinating to me. I've been meditating and visualizing for years...works well for me too. Pretty wild stories here also.

I first learned to meditate while learning martial arts. My instructor taught a group of us. He was pretty amazing. If anyone knows of the "One inch punch", he demonstrated and it was amazing. This has to do with focus and energy.

I wish I could recommend a book on meditation but alas, I cannot. There are many forms of meditation and you can literally meditate anytime, anywhere. There's even 'walking meditation'. It's simply being in the moment and aware of absolutely everything.

In general, mediation is largely used for relaxation, focus, visualization. I often "Focus on the space between the thoughts". That's right. There is space between your thoughts. If you're like me...I have a million thoughts going on at any given moment so meditation has benefited me greatly. In my experience, I truly believe anything is possible. I did not think this when I was 20yrs old but life experiences have educated me.

Question for those experienced ones....I have Psoriasis and I HATE it ! I have outbreaks...gets better...outbreaks...repeat. It's a genetic 'flaw' as my Doc puts it (oh yea..she's HOT by the way). I just like stating that fact. :D I am very, very bothered by the fact that mentally, I have not been able to control this Psoriasis. I mean...I can direct blood flow, make muscles twitch, do a lot of things via focus and meditation, but this damn thing has me pissed. Suggestions ?

Maybe tapping might work Bigguns50. Just saying, there is no hurt in trying :)

Gosh, never in my wildest dreams that I might promote tapping on the Fastlane forum but it's happening now...

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@Likwid24 B&P....well yes...in 2015. Ugh.

Mistakes, miscalculations, etc. I'm at the 'F*ck it' point :mad:. It's all good though ! I have a one year calendar printed and taped to my wall where I cross off each day and that in itself keeps me pushing hard.

BTW..my friend who owns a True Value didn't offer an intro or a name to drop at the Vegas convention this year...ugh. That's ok...I'm not done with him yet :shifty:.

Time to read the article you posted. Thanks !!

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
A little of topic since most of you seem advanced at meditation, but do you have any resources to suggest for amateurs? (maybe books etc)

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Funniest thing about this thread to me is that if it was talking about Law of Attraction or The Secret, it would be filled with haters, but call the exact same principles Meditation or Quantum Physics and its a love-in. It's all marketing I guess. ;)

Option

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 22, 2013
Netherlands
When I am meditating I noticed that practising gratitude as a mantra worked very well for me.
Just keep finding things to be thankful for. You start to notice more and more things to come up if you practice daily.
It always puts me in a positive state of mind; infinite things to think about, infinite things to be thankful for.

I also use walking for meditation, clearing the fog, works for me.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I try meditating, and sometimes I can get into it. When I get into meditation, I realize what a slave to my thoughts I am. I have thoughts come that are my everyday, 99% repeated, thoughts. Then I distance myself. I acknowledge them, but do not fight them. I let them escape. More space opens up, some other thoughts start to come in. Once they more or less clear up, the silence enters everything. Sometimes I just have the feeling come up, and I know what I must do...and even if I don't like the idea of doing this, I know this is what I must do. Two days ago, all that happened was that I could hear the silence. I just sat and listened through the amplified hearing, without thoughts. Usually, I can go for about 40 second mediation and come out and be in the moment and happy. Then the thoughts go bam bam bam and you are a slave again. In my case I've learned it is all about letting go, just let go. easier said than done.

I just meditated, and i'd say what it does is lets me feel things, instead of thinking I can get the feeling, and understand where I thought myself away from myself.

Last edited:

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Visualize it and it will happen.

One of those things in life that you simply cannot explain to people. They will use every excuse in the book to dismiss your claim.

Do I believe in it? I don't know. But it's certainly not something that is widely accepted.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I can tell you with abs
Visualize it and it will happen.

One of those things in life that you simply cannot explain to people. They will use every excuse in the book to dismiss your claim.

Do I believe in it? I don't know. But it's certainly not something that is widely accepted.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that if you visualize the negative outcome... it's coming. At least with people.

So smile and be positive.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
Funniest thing about this thread to me is that if it was talking about Law of Attraction or The Secret, it would be filled with haters, but call the exact same principles Meditation or Quantum Physics and its a love-in.

Actually Law of Attraction/The Secret is quite different and it teaches you that just by thinking you will receive everything without effort. Quantum Physics is way more in depth. Like 7 layers deeper. It teaches you can create your reality with action and effort as opposed as just thinking/wishing.

Any one here heard of The Principle in Quantum Physics or multiple planes/selves? That there are alternate realities of our selves simultaneously happening at the same time. What are your thoughts on this?

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Damn.... We have serious quality members here. I'm enjoying everyone's thought provoking posts.

Thank you all !

odai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 4, 2013
Kansas City
Perform reality checks during the day, watch your hands, watch clock multiple times, try to breath with your mouth and nose closed, feel yourself, feel the enviroment, feel alive. If you perform reality checks, after some time you'll perform one in a dream unconsciously, then you'll take control of it.

I haven't personally tried this, but I've read that a way to remember to do reality checks is to wear a bracelet, and whenever you look at it, ask yourself "Am I dreaming right now?". Wear it 24/7 and get into the habit of doing reality checks. Eventually you'll start wearing it in your dreams, and you'll automatically do a reality check in the dream when you see it.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Actually Law of Attraction/The Secret is quite different and it teaches you that just by thinking you will receive everything without effort.

Absolutely wrong. LoA/The Secret only teaches that you FIRST need to have a clear vision before you take action, therefore your action can be aligned with your vision. And besides, who said meditation, visualization and mentally creating your reality are not ACTIONS (they are).

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine how people misunderstand this stuff.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
This is an extremely interesting thread.

Positive thinking does work wonders, but since you've been accustomed to thinking "Realistically", or "negative" all of your life, it's hard to change your default thought pattern when something bad happens.

PeeVee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Dec 17, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Super interesting thread. Yesterday I was drawn to a "people you may know recommendation" on Facebook and when I poked around at the persons photos I was immediately drawn to an image with a title of "multi-dimensional self" you can google the image. It illustrates the Eternal, Cosmic, Etheric, Astral and Pysical Plane. I have it bookmarked for reading and what do you know it ties back to Lucid Dreams and the discussion here. I am fascinated by this.

And somehow I ended up at this thread. I am a huge believer in visualization. It has changed my life.

Quantum Physics and the Lucid dream stuff takes this to another level. Thanks to all for sharing. Any resources you can share would be appreciated.

Off to google I go.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
LoA/The Secret only teaches that you FIRST need to have a clear vision before you take action

But that's not how it's perceived, interpreted, or applied by the masses.

just a pet peeve of mine how people misunderstand this stuff.

And therein is the disconnect between you and I, and the average consumer of it. We understand the link between thinking, believing, and then doing. The majority of the 20 million people that read it, do not. The way it is advertised and marketed is "think riches" and then suddenly the doorbell rings and Publisher's Clearinghouse is outside the door. Think a new bike and wham, you get one for Christmas! That not visionary thinking, that's wishful thinking.

Anyhow, I was curious if anyone had any "synchronous" stories to tell in their life ... you know, that one thing that was simply way too coincidental to be a coincidence. I have a story that if you probably put it through a statistical analysis, it would be a 1 in a 10,000,000 shot. And yet, it happened. (Sorry but it's a story I don't want public.)

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
My parents told me a story of when they were young. They got an unexpected medical bill or something, and they didn't have the money for it. It was a couple hundred bucks. They were really worried, so they prayed a lot about it. The next day they got a check in the mail from an old acquaintance who was thinking about them and wanted to help them out. The check was for the exact amount of the bill, and they had not told a soul about the bill. Pretty neat.

TimeSlap

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Feb 4, 2014
I practice meditation a few times a week. I even have a zabuton pillow for it. My goal is to clear the mind so I can make space for new ideas and thinking. If I really have trouble I try to picture a bright white room with no sound and nothing in it just bright white. That way I am not really picturing anything that provokes thought. I started about 1.5 years ago. Good stuff!

MorgothBauglir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Dec 23, 2013
(Sorry but it's a story I don't want public.)
Tease.

Meditation completely changed my life. It's the closest I can get to what I would consider freewill. Complete mindfulness of my situation, so I'm not a slave to my emotions, being aware of my decisions and choosing the right one.

I'm also into brazilian jiu jitsu, and that flow state, that I guess athletes would call 'the zone', I get into it way more when I'm keeping a meditation practice. Hell, I tap into that flow state when I'm washing dishes, hanging washing, driving, whatever.

I'd recommend it to everyone. Freedom from regret, fear and indecisiveness. Jiddu Krishnamurti is the man.

Last edited:

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Anyhow, I was curious if anyone had any "synchronous" stories to tell in their life ... you know, that one thing that was simply way too coincidental to be a coincidence. I have a story that if you probably put it through a statistical analysis, it would be a 1 in a 10,000,000 shot. And yet, it happened. (Sorry but it's a story I don't want public.)

I have a good one but same situation. Can't talk about it. Well at least not for now.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
The way it is advertised and marketed is "think riches" and then suddenly the doorbell rings and Publisher's Clearinghouse is outside the door. Think a new bike and wham, you get one for Christmas! That not visionary thinking, that's wishful thinking.

Of course I agree 100% with what you are saying - even the real LoA gurus were extremely disappointed in The Secret and distanced themselves from it for that reason.

However, I think the belief that a lot of "make money" and business gurus present, that all you have to do is "take massive action" is equally as dangerous and misleading as The Secret's "think riches".

The formula is Be-Do-Have, and if the "Be" part is not in place, then all the "Do-ing" or taking action in the world will only exhaust someone, not take them any closer to riches. And the idea of selling a blueprint that will make people rich if only they will take massive action, is just as deceptive as anything put forward by The Secret.

There needs to be eyes wide open on the part of anyone that seeks improvement, about what it really takes to make a dramatic change in one's life. If someone is unwilling to make core changes to deeply held beliefs, there is little chance of lasting or meaningful progress.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Of course I agree 100% with what you are saying

Well you know I can't miss out an opportunity to crack on ya for the LOA. Hope you know I'm just teasing you. ;):yuck::smuggy:

awanrmb

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 24, 2013
Indonesia
I have suffered with "monkey mind" years before.
It's a condition where the minds keep jumping around and hard to focus.
It really disturb me and I began my "meditation shopping" journey ;)

Among all techniques, Vipassana is the one that really suit with me.
Perhaps because it has "minimal constraint"
The technique is so simple, basically Vipassana is seeing your mind and stay aware of it.
But you need time to practice it well.
Start from 5 mins and gradually add the time.

As the time goes I stop practice it, believing that I already "got it"
Until I reach chaotic phase on my live about years ago.
Don't know what to work on, feel like I lost direction, etc

Then I start wake up in the morning and practice it again daily.
That's when thing gets better.
Well actually, my perception of reality and my awareness got better so I view things better :)
As some wiseman say: everything you hear is opinion everything you see is perspective

Beside "still meditation" like Vipassana I also practice "moving meditation" with Taichi.
Now I do it 30mins in the morning and 30mins in the before the sunset.

@Bigguns50 : I know one inch punch, I've seen one of my friend doing it. He practice Wing Chun (still has the same root of Taichi). Do you practice Wing Chun/Jeet Kun Do ?

@aardvarky : When I was in Netherlands I once came to dance session call Contact Improvisation. I didn't know what it is until I arrive in the location. The instructure is kind enough to let newbie in with saying "no problem, you have to start somewhere anyway" :)
First it teach you to feel how your body contact with the surrounding (floor, air, wall, etc) then it feel how you contact with people. That's where the things got interesting because you take your point of contact as a momentum to flow and moving. Pretty cool stuff if you look at youtube. I wish I can experience it again in the future. There are nothing like this kind of dance in Indonesia :D

@Era : thank you for opening the thread :)

Cheers,
Awan

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
Has anyone here experienced thinking of a word or concept and suddenly you hear or saw something that's related or is an exact match of the word or concept?

Example:
I'm thinking of a laptop then the person speaking on television or radio mentions "laptop."

It can be dismissed as pure coincidence, but when it happens it makes me smile. :)

nickR8

999999999 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 5, 2014
Austin, TX
I've been meditating (vipassana meditation) on and off for over two years now. For the last couple of months I've been doing it every day for 10 minutes in the morning... and in times when I'm stressed out. You know what they say: when you feel like you've got the least amount of time for it, that is the time when you need to do it the most.

It helps me to focus, fight off worries and keep my head clear.

A little of topic since most of you seem advanced at meditation, but do you have any resources to suggest for amateurs? (maybe books etc)
I highly recommend the book Mindfulness in Plain English. It's great for beginners to understand how to meditate. Before I read it I was really confused about what meditation really is and how to do it. The book gives very good and clear instructions.

After that, I recommend you read the book The Power of Now. I read this book quite a long time ago (before I got into meditating) and thought that the book was a bunch of BS. But after reading "Mindfulness in Plain English" I read it again and it made SO MUCH sense (although there are still some parts which I think are a little too woo-woo for me). It's basically like meditation during everyday life... if that makes any sense at all.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
Has anyone here experienced thinking of a word or concept and suddenly you hear or saw something that's related or is an exact match of the word or concept?
Example:
I'm thinking of a laptop then the person speaking on television or radio mentions "laptop."
It can be dismissed as pure coincidence, but when it happens it makes me smile.

Yes, this happens to me all the time. Although I've gotten into Quantum Physics, I haven't yet been able to find an explanation for something happening so quick. Sometimes you think a thought and 2 seconds later its in your face.

aardvarky

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 18, 2014
@aardvarky : When I was in Netherlands I once came to dance session call Contact Improvisation. I didn't know what it is until I arrive in the location. The instructure is kind enough to let newbie in with saying "no problem, you have to start somewhere anyway" :)
First it teach you to feel how your body contact with the surrounding (floor, air, wall, etc) then it feel how you contact with people. That's where the things got interesting because you take your point of contact as a momentum to flow and moving. Pretty cool stuff if you look at youtube. I wish I can experience it again in the future. There are nothing like this kind of dance in Indonesia :D
@awanrmb: Are you Indonesian? I just moved to Bali a few days ago - found a place for dance meditation already as well as a class for the contact dance that you're talking about here! So if you want to do that again...make your way to Ubud :)

Dan Willis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 6, 2014
I don't know anything about what you guys are talking about but I am interested in learning. Time is tight though right now, so, if anyone has recommendations for something streamlined that someone new can start with, that would be great. Books I'd really prefer to not add to the list though as I have way too much already in line. Thanks for any suggestions otherwise.

I would suggest dedicating the time before major tasks. While it may seem a burden just a 5 minute session to focus yourself will sharpen you and prepare you for whats next.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.