The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Meditation and the Fastlane

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
This thread is for fastlaners who are using or are aspiring to use Meditation on their fastlane journey.

If you find that meditation helps, post here and lets see just how many of us practice meditation. I always meditate for at least 15 minutes a day and find it very useful as a fastlaner. Most of the population has no idea how to even begin to meditate or are meditating in ineffective ways.

Lets share meditation techniques so fellow current and future fast laners could benefit. How did you learn meditation and what resources did you use? Share recommended meditation books/videos/blogs/articles that you find that helped with learning how to meditate effectively.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I just started meditation a week ago. Try to do it for at least 15 minutes in the morning.

I'm also a big believer in Quantum Physics. I have done quite a few experiments, and they have ALL worked, except 1. I vividly visualize how I want things in my life to be for 5 minutes before I go to sleep. Been doing this the last couple of weeks.

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
I'm also a big believer in Quantum Physics. I have done quite a few experiments, and they have ALL worked, except 1. I vividly visualize how I want things in my life to be for 5 minutes before I go to sleep. Been doing this the last couple of weeks.
I'll keep you updated on my progress.

I have recently started to get into Quantum Physics too. It's also good to use Quantum Physic Techniques in the morning. "The visualizing how I want things in my life to be" only works if you visualize it as if they have already happened and most importantly to "let go" of any desire and not have any doubt. The last part can be challenging. How did you get into Quantum Physics?

cristian tello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 11, 2013
India
been meditating for 5-6 months now , it has made me much more relaxed,

Lets share meditation techniques so fellow current and future fast laners could benefit. How did you learn meditation and what resources did you use? Share recommended meditation books/videos/blogs/articles that you find that helped with learning how to meditate effectively.
meditation is very simple to do , i.e you only have to sit and focus on your breathing/picture/affirmation but this very simple thing is often very hard to do (atleast in the beginning)
i could suggest using some of the apps available in play store if you want to start meditating

Chris R

Desire. Logic. Fear.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 9, 2013
I don't know anything about what you guys are talking about but I am interested in learning. Time is tight though right now, so, if anyone has recommendations for something streamlined that someone new can start with, that would be great. Books I'd really prefer to not add to the list though as I have way too much already in line. Thanks for any suggestions otherwise.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Details? This sounds interesting. I would like to hear more!

A few things that I visualized already happening, things that were completely out of the blue, that I would have never thought would happen, especially in the time frame, happened in the time period I specified.

Some I'd rather not talk about here. All good stuff though. It really amazed some people that are close to me. They think I'm a witch doctor. Lol.

2 quick things I can tell you about.

1 - My crossfit gym has a CSA program (where you pay a monthly fee and you get grass-fed meat, poultry delivered from a farm). Well, every few months they come to the gym to promote their products and hold a raffle. On my way home from work, I said let me stop by the gym and buy a raffle ticket. That's all I went there for. Just to buy a $10 raffle ticket for a 15lb bag of meat ($160 value).

On my way home (10 minute drive), I visualized me winning the raffle. Every single little detail. Him shaking he bag with raffle tickets, picking the ticket, seeing the ticket with my name on it, me taking the bag from him, driving home with it, putting it in my freezer, etc.

Just as I finished visualizing, I get a phone call from a number I don't know. I usually don't answer these but decided to this time. I say hello and hear "Hey Sal, this is so and so. You won the 15lb bag of meat. Congratulations. You can pick it up at the gym". I was actually in shock. lol

2- Just yesterday I came down with a real nasty stomach virus. I was in bed and around the bowl all morning. Slight fever. Really weak. Finally I started saying to myself, I'm not sick. I'm healthy. Over and over. I pictured myself not being sick and doing my normal everyday things. Last night I started feeling much better. Started eating whole foods. I even went to the gym this morning, and now it's like I never even had it. I know people that had this same bug and it took them days to recover.

Coincidence - Maybe. But this keeps happening to me over and over and had rarely failed. At first I thought coincidence. Now me, and mostly everyone who knows about it, think it's not.

I have another crazy story but it's too much detail.

Some people may think I'm crazy, but as long as this keeps happening, I truly believe it works.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
How did you get into Quantum Physics

It always intrigued me.I have a few friends that are into it. My sister told me to read a book called E-Squared. Since that day, I've been hooked.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I have tried meditation few months ago and sometimes I still do it but after a while it starts to become like a meaningless routine and I find it difficult to focus. Therefore I still think it is good but I now only try to keep my focus on the present moment during the day and that has helped a lot. I catch myself when I'm getting stressed, angry or uncomfortable and just focus on what I'm doing at the moment, it totally brings peace on what I'm doing and helps remove a lot of pressure that I put on myself to accomplish things that sometimes is so high, it's counterproductive.
Another thing that helps a lot is staying alone on terrace for 10-15 minutes thinking nothing or going out for a walk just to change & reset my focus.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I agree with focusing on the moment and listening to your intuition. That is what I get from meditation. There is so much noise in the world and it is nice to have a place to block it out.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Is praying considered meditating, if so then I do meditate 3 times a day before a meal.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Never mind.... meh

Last edited:

Chris R

Desire. Logic. Fear.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 9, 2013
Coincidence - Maybe. But this keeps happening to me over and over and had rarely failed. At first I thought coincidence. Now me, and mostly everyone who knows about it, think it's not.

This right here completely strikes home with me. I too have something that doesn't make sense. But it happens repeatedly. For years. Friends have been with me and have witnessed this and I'm even at the point of taking photos of it. It actually just happened today, about an hour ago.

Wish I could explain it

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Is praying considered meditating, if so then I do meditate 3 times a day before a meal.

Without breaking forum rules, I think it depends on how you are praying. Lots of times prayer can be silent meditation and reflection where you don't need to say anything. Usually before you eat, however, people are giving thanks. So probably not in that sense.

In college I learned some cool prayer meditation things, I don't currently do them but it is an interesting read. Check out the wiki
; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lectio_Divina

A

Angus

I don't know if it can be considered as meditation, but I frequently lucid dream, I then live the life I want to live in my dreams, pretty cool and it's easy too, you just have to train for some weeks.
Also, 30 minutes before sleep I usually shut down the computer and the lights in my room, stand up with my eyes closed and just think about my life, it really helps me because my mind is chaotic as hell, I usually rewire my brain during that time.
By the way, have you noticed how the fastlane mindset adapts to just everything in life? Entrepreneurship, nutrition, meditation, quantum physics... This forum is like the only place where people actually cares about all these things, how cool is that?!

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I frequently lucid dream, I then live the life I want to live in my dreams, pretty cool and it's easy too, you just have to train for some weeks

Can you tell us the process of how you trained for this?

A

Angus

Can you tell us the process of how you trained for this?
Sure! That's how I did it, there are a lot of ways to achieve lucidity, that's just the way that works for me:
  • Always write your dreams on your dream journal first thing in the morning, don't wait, don't go to the bathroom, just write what you remember. At first you will remember some random scene, write it. You don't remember anything? Write "Don't remember", this part is important, you have to create a habit, in a week or so you'll remember a lot of stuff, guarantee.
  • Perform reality checks during the day, watch your hands, watch clock multiple times, try to breath with your mouth and nose closed, feel yourself, feel the enviroment, feel alive. If you perform reality checks, after some time you'll perform one in a dream unconsciously, then you'll take control of it.
  • Wake up in the middle of the night and do something for 40 or so minutes, something that won't make you think too much, then go back to bed.
  • Take melatonin, but not before bed, take it after the first time you'll wake up at night.
  • Before bed say "I will realize that I am dreaming and I will take control of my dream" and visualize yourself take control of your dream until you fall asleep.
  • Repeat until success.
I started last year in December, had my first lucid dream three weeks ago, it's not hard but you have to want it bad enough, like everything in life.

Oh, and there's a book, "Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming", it's a good book and it will answer all your questions, just skim it and you'll be fine.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
I agree, I really don't believe in coincidences. Everything happens because of your energy field. Once you start mediating, signs start showing up everywhere. The thing is the signs have always been there, it's just you needed meditation to be able to have some clarity to begin to become aware of these signs.

Last edited:

aardvarky

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 18, 2014
Awesome post. It's especially interesting since I found that I've become much more interested in my emotional-mental-spiritual health since starting the entrepreneurial journey. It's like you gradually realize that your inner stuff has to be "together" in order to get the most out of yourself.
To be honest, though, I find sitting meditation a bit tedious to do in my daily life. I'm a dilettante by nature and everything must be varied. So far, these are the things that continue to work for me:
1. Visualization. This stuff works. But I find it's best not to dwell on things that you really, really need or are in a state of desperation about. Instead, I ask myself "What would be awesome?" and think about things and situations and encounters that pop up. It's tremendous fun and at the very least puts you in a grand mood.
2. Heart of the Rose(?). I found this in The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari and love how it gives you something to focus on. You can do it with a rose or other flowers and it's also super enjoyable. Just focus on the core of the rose - or whatever flower you're using - for 15 minutes or so.
3. Dance Meditation. This one is just awesome and brilliant in its simplicity. A lot of us can't sit still for even 15 minutes but most of us can dance and flop around easily for a good length of time. Just turn off the lights, turn on the music, slip into something comfortable, stay away from mirrors and let your body move whichever way it wants to. It feels silly at first but it's actually great exercise and it's very easy to keep your mind clear and blank while moving.
If anyone has tried other movement-oriented meditations and wants to share - I'd be very grateful :)

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Just to run another test tonight, I visualized myself winning a super bowl box. Not just any box, but the final score on one of my larger pools.

And guess what?

Just Sayin.......

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm also a big believer in Quantum Physics.

I've studied it quite a bit -- it's totally mind bending. At the poker game @biophase was talking about a Chinese man who did an experiment with rice -- he screamed at one jar, ignored another, and sang pleasantries to another ... the results were interesting. I tried to explain it in terms of quantum physics ... since the poker game was about 5 hours old and 3 am was rolling around, I couldn't explain it very well. :confused:

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
It's really amazing. At first I really thought it was coincidence, but now no way.

I posted the rice experiment on facebook the other day. This is supposedly why people pray, or give thanks, before a meal.
http://themindunleashed.org/2014/01...tions-can-alter-physical-world-around-us.html
http://themindunleashed.org/2014/01...tions-can-alter-physical-world-around-us.html

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
I was first reluctant to post something like this on this forum, but I saw this thread.

Have you guys ever heard of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)? It's also called "tapping." What it basically does is to help relieve oneself of physical and/or emotional discomfort.

I learned more about it on Nick Ortner's book "The Tapping Solution."

Here is a seven-minute video of the process if you want to see for yourself:

It might seem woo-woo at first, especially for a skeptical person like myself. But it works (at least for myself) when I tried it. Though, it's not a magic pill (but sometimes it can be they say), it's definitely a tool that a person can add in his well-being toolbox.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
This is basically the same thing as visualizing yourself getting better. It's all in the mind. The tapping is an added affect to help you believe that it's actually doing something.

I'd give it a shot.

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
This is basically the same thing as visualizing yourself getting better. It's all in the mind. The tapping is an added affect to help you believe that it's actually doing something.

I'd give it a shot.

They also say that the points being tapped are acupressure/acupuncture points. I haven't tried tapping random points to compare their effectiveness, though. The important thing for me is that it works, placebo or not. Even if someone is skeptical of the whole process (like I was), at the very least the act of tapping is quite relaxing.

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines

I'm doing this every month to pay my bills.

Hahaha! I haven't tried it to improve my finances, though. I'm still skeptical of people claiming that tapping can alter anything outside of oneself. But maybe, by changing one's state or the very belief that good things will happen might produce positive results for a person. Like most people in this forum, I still believe in doing the necessary work to achieve one's goals.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.