The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Meditation and the Fastlane

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Details? This sounds interesting. I would like to hear more!

A few things that I visualized already happening, things that were completely out of the blue, that I would have never thought would happen, especially in the time frame, happened in the time period I specified.

Some I'd rather not talk about here. All good stuff though. It really amazed some people that are close to me. They think I'm a witch doctor. Lol.

2 quick things I can tell you about.

1 - My crossfit gym has a CSA program (where you pay a monthly fee and you get grass-fed meat, poultry delivered from a farm). Well, every few months they come to the gym to promote their products and hold a raffle. On my way home from work, I said let me stop by the gym and buy a raffle ticket. That's all I went there for. Just to buy a $10 raffle ticket for a 15lb bag of meat ($160 value).

On my way home (10 minute drive), I visualized me winning the raffle. Every single little detail. Him shaking he bag with raffle tickets, picking the ticket, seeing the ticket with my name on it, me taking the bag from him, driving home with it, putting it in my freezer, etc.

Just as I finished visualizing, I get a phone call from a number I don't know. I usually don't answer these but decided to this time. I say hello and hear "Hey Sal, this is so and so. You won the 15lb bag of meat. Congratulations. You can pick it up at the gym". I was actually in shock. lol

2- Just yesterday I came down with a real nasty stomach virus. I was in bed and around the bowl all morning. Slight fever. Really weak. Finally I started saying to myself, I'm not sick. I'm healthy. Over and over. I pictured myself not being sick and doing my normal everyday things. Last night I started feeling much better. Started eating whole foods. I even went to the gym this morning, and now it's like I never even had it. I know people that had this same bug and it took them days to recover.

Coincidence - Maybe. But this keeps happening to me over and over and had rarely failed. At first I thought coincidence. Now me, and mostly everyone who knows about it, think it's not.

I have another crazy story but it's too much detail.

Some people may think I'm crazy, but as long as this keeps happening, I truly believe it works.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I just started meditation a week ago. Try to do it for at least 15 minutes in the morning.

I'm also a big believer in Quantum Physics. I have done quite a few experiments, and they have ALL worked, except 1. I vividly visualize how I want things in my life to be for 5 minutes before I go to sleep. Been doing this the last couple of weeks.

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

A

Angus

I don't know if it can be considered as meditation, but I frequently lucid dream, I then live the life I want to live in my dreams, pretty cool and it's easy too, you just have to train for some weeks.
Also, 30 minutes before sleep I usually shut down the computer and the lights in my room, stand up with my eyes closed and just think about my life, it really helps me because my mind is chaotic as hell, I usually rewire my brain during that time.
By the way, have you noticed how the fastlane mindset adapts to just everything in life? Entrepreneurship, nutrition, meditation, quantum physics... This forum is like the only place where people actually cares about all these things, how cool is that?!

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
This thread is for fastlaners who are using or are aspiring to use Meditation on their fastlane journey.

If you find that meditation helps, post here and lets see just how many of us practice meditation. I always meditate for at least 15 minutes a day and find it very useful as a fastlaner. Most of the population has no idea how to even begin to meditate or are meditating in ineffective ways.

Lets share meditation techniques so fellow current and future fast laners could benefit. How did you learn meditation and what resources did you use? Share recommended meditation books/videos/blogs/articles that you find that helped with learning how to meditate effectively.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm also a big believer in Quantum Physics.

I've studied it quite a bit -- it's totally mind bending. At the poker game @biophase was talking about a Chinese man who did an experiment with rice -- he screamed at one jar, ignored another, and sang pleasantries to another ... the results were interesting. I tried to explain it in terms of quantum physics ... since the poker game was about 5 hours old and 3 am was rolling around, I couldn't explain it very well. :confused:

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
The way it is advertised and marketed is "think riches" and then suddenly the doorbell rings and Publisher's Clearinghouse is outside the door. Think a new bike and wham, you get one for Christmas! That not visionary thinking, that's wishful thinking.

Of course I agree 100% with what you are saying - even the real LoA gurus were extremely disappointed in The Secret and distanced themselves from it for that reason.

However, I think the belief that a lot of "make money" and business gurus present, that all you have to do is "take massive action" is equally as dangerous and misleading as The Secret's "think riches".

The formula is Be-Do-Have, and if the "Be" part is not in place, then all the "Do-ing" or taking action in the world will only exhaust someone, not take them any closer to riches. And the idea of selling a blueprint that will make people rich if only they will take massive action, is just as deceptive as anything put forward by The Secret.

There needs to be eyes wide open on the part of anyone that seeks improvement, about what it really takes to make a dramatic change in one's life. If someone is unwilling to make core changes to deeply held beliefs, there is little chance of lasting or meaningful progress.

Last edited:

em1L

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 19, 2013
Sweden
I am really glad this thread was started, since I had been wondering for some time how millionaires and soon to become millionaires, would think of Quantum Physics or what I call spirituality. - I am glad someone onboard shares some of my own interests in mediation, visualisation and manifesting thoughts. After traveling in Asia I also got an increasing interest in Yoga, Pranic Breathing and Energy Work.

I have always known there was something more to life than just getting an education and working 8-5 in a desk job. And I guess thats also why the Millionaire Fastlane rang such a bell with me.

People that aren't convinced that life, its possibilities and the universe is infinite, just hasn't "woken up" yet, and had their conscience tuned in to the frequencies that is needed to get a broader perspective.

For the ones just starting to realise some stuff about everything that is "going on", it is probably a good thing to start with some of the more westernised material. Basically everything boils down to the same thing, there is just difference in how it is explained, and how much weight is put on spirituality, faith and quantum mechanics.
Here are some recommendations to start with, in no particular order (though the few in the top would make a good start)

Tony Robbins - Talks a lot about positive thinking, and manifesting

The Secret - A movie about the endless possibilities and the law of attraction

Mind Science Kept Hidden -

What the bleep do we know - http://www.whatthebleep.com

Maybe for the more experienced:
Everything by Eckhart Tolle

Einstein - The biography by Walter Isaacson (talks about quantum physics)

Mediation, Yoga and Prana.
http://www.dhamma.org/en/ - Free meditation courses all over the world.

Book: Autobiography of a Yogi (Reprint of the Philosophical library 1946 First Edition)

Living on Energy - Movie about people living purely of Prana, and no need for nourishment.

Astral Travel:
Adventures Beyond the Body: How to Experience Out-of-Body Travel

I can also recommend a simple exercise to do just before you go to sleep, and right after you wake up, it helps your mind to get in a positive state, and attract more positivity in your life, you can easily do this with your spouse.

Right before sleep: Mention the 3 most positive things for the day, and what made you happy. Keep your mind from focusing on the negatives.

Right after say to yourself: "Tomorrow will be a great day when I" : "get that job i wanted for so long" also here mention 3 positive things that you already see happen, and want to happen for the next day.
When you wake up: Repeat the 3 things you want for the day, and start you day with a positive focus.

Since what you think and say to yourself has much greater effect than we think, everything you think and say will effect you in a way. Thats why a positive mantra, works so well for athletes and other people who practice this.
Try creating your own mantra by focusing on certain aspects you want to change.
A positive mantra could be: "I am a strong and successful businessman" - Say it to yourself in the mirror everyday while trusting the meaning of the words, and you will see the difference fast :)

The ClichéOn a side note, I noticed while becoming more conscious and spiritual, learning about all these things, reading and experiencing things. I also became less materialistic. I still do not want to deviate from my target of becoming a multimillionaire or even billionaire. However the motivation during the years of my "awakening" has changed from the good old "Getting a Lamborghini Aventador" to something like:

"Use my money to make the world a better place for me, and everyone in it."

Since the people that suffer in this world, don't really have the possibility of changing anything themselves. Somebody else needs to do it for them.

I guess what happens automatically with people like Bill Gates, when he is suddenly able to do what the hell he wants, he can buy everything the world has to offer, he then figures out it doesn't really make him any happier, he starts giving back.
I guess being the richest man in the world, made him spiritual when he suddenly had no more material wishes or wealth to accumulate.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
LoA/The Secret only teaches that you FIRST need to have a clear vision before you take action

But that's not how it's perceived, interpreted, or applied by the masses.

just a pet peeve of mine how people misunderstand this stuff.

And therein is the disconnect between you and I, and the average consumer of it. We understand the link between thinking, believing, and then doing. The majority of the 20 million people that read it, do not. The way it is advertised and marketed is "think riches" and then suddenly the doorbell rings and Publisher's Clearinghouse is outside the door. Think a new bike and wham, you get one for Christmas! That not visionary thinking, that's wishful thinking.

Anyhow, I was curious if anyone had any "synchronous" stories to tell in their life ... you know, that one thing that was simply way too coincidental to be a coincidence. I have a story that if you probably put it through a statistical analysis, it would be a 1 in a 10,000,000 shot. And yet, it happened. (Sorry but it's a story I don't want public.)

nickR8

999999999 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 5, 2014
Austin, TX
I've been meditating (vipassana meditation) on and off for over two years now. For the last couple of months I've been doing it every day for 10 minutes in the morning... and in times when I'm stressed out. You know what they say: when you feel like you've got the least amount of time for it, that is the time when you need to do it the most.

It helps me to focus, fight off worries and keep my head clear.

A little of topic since most of you seem advanced at meditation, but do you have any resources to suggest for amateurs? (maybe books etc)
I highly recommend the book Mindfulness in Plain English. It's great for beginners to understand how to meditate. Before I read it I was really confused about what meditation really is and how to do it. The book gives very good and clear instructions.

After that, I recommend you read the book The Power of Now. I read this book quite a long time ago (before I got into meditating) and thought that the book was a bunch of BS. But after reading "Mindfulness in Plain English" I read it again and it made SO MUCH sense (although there are still some parts which I think are a little too woo-woo for me). It's basically like meditation during everyday life... if that makes any sense at all.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Meditation has been discussed here many times at the forum. It's also a big part of The Miracle Morning which I practice.

I thought this website could be useful.

http://www.calm.com

And believe it or not, this company is actually a tech company with a big silicon valley footprint.

A

Angus

Can you tell us the process of how you trained for this?
Sure! That's how I did it, there are a lot of ways to achieve lucidity, that's just the way that works for me:
  • Always write your dreams on your dream journal first thing in the morning, don't wait, don't go to the bathroom, just write what you remember. At first you will remember some random scene, write it. You don't remember anything? Write "Don't remember", this part is important, you have to create a habit, in a week or so you'll remember a lot of stuff, guarantee.
  • Perform reality checks during the day, watch your hands, watch clock multiple times, try to breath with your mouth and nose closed, feel yourself, feel the enviroment, feel alive. If you perform reality checks, after some time you'll perform one in a dream unconsciously, then you'll take control of it.
  • Wake up in the middle of the night and do something for 40 or so minutes, something that won't make you think too much, then go back to bed.
  • Take melatonin, but not before bed, take it after the first time you'll wake up at night.
  • Before bed say "I will realize that I am dreaming and I will take control of my dream" and visualize yourself take control of your dream until you fall asleep.
  • Repeat until success.
I started last year in December, had my first lucid dream three weeks ago, it's not hard but you have to want it bad enough, like everything in life.

Oh, and there's a book, "Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming", it's a good book and it will answer all your questions, just skim it and you'll be fine.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
I think the hardest part is sticking with it. Just like thinking positive. You find yourself thinking positive for a few days in a row (at least for me), and then I find myself on the verge of screaming at somebody.... and just like that you think... What the hell happened to positive thinking? It's hard because it's basically rewiring your subconscious mindset.

Is negative thinking natural or are we taught it?

First off, I have been doing it for a year. Didn't miss a day. I had to arrange my 'meditation session' while being on vacation with my girlfriend. I did my meditation in the bathroom, or in the lobby. Not every day is ideal.
I had times where I got home and just had to keep myself awake during meditation. My head literally falling down to wake me up and to get back to meditating.

This is not to say, look how I great I am. It's more a, yeah man.. I understand what you are saying. It's not easy. Especially in the beginning. After some time, it just becomes a habbit. Sometimes I have shit sessions, sometimes really good ones. That's all fine, acceptance is one of the bigger lessons meditation will bring you. "I am not present, Oh well, let's BE not present". And after a while, after you see your thoughts racing trough your head.. you become present.

I experience moments of total calmness, and then some idiot cuts me of on the road while driving. I believe Mike Tyson said something like: everybody has a gameplan until they get punched in the face.

But, I believe if you accept your flippin out session. Or your cranky mood, or whatever the F you are in.. That's better than to be anxious about your anxiousness. Or to be angry at being angry. That's just building up. "I am angry, thats cool. The guy is F*cking jerk. a**hole.. blablabla" ..until you notice your breath again.

About positive thinking. I am not sure. I do believe it's better to think positive then negative. Still, it's just a thought. That's again that non resistance. What resists, persists. So if you keep telling yourself "I need to stop thinking negative", then pretty damn sure you will think negative. It's like telling somebody "not to think of the elefant". It's better just to watch the thoughts when you do notice your thought process (a lot of the time it probably happens unconsiously, and I don't even mean that in a philosophical sense). So when you do catch it, "watch it". I have noticed that thoughts are like waves, or like cars driving by. Sometimes it's really windy and there are lots of waves coming from everywhere. Sometimes the sea is super quiet. But, waves always come up, and always come down.

A bit esotheric for this forum perhaps LOL

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I used to meditate. For a year of my life when I was trying to figure out where I stood on religion, I studied a few eastern philosophies and convinced my martial arts teacher into sharing his meditation tips.

i have to say, it didn't really DO anything for me. I find what helps me much much more are these things
  • Clearing my head in the shower. No thinking about business, money, love, anything. Let the warm water run over me, inhale the steam, chill out.
  • 30 min powernap every day.
  • Making tea
  • Cooking
Many of these things bring me into a semi-meditative state... but after it's done I don't feel like I have been wasting time.

The tea making is interesting because it's less about the chemical makeup of the tea and more about the 'ritual' of making it.

I boil water, temper my teapot in the hot water, boil more water, measure tealeaves, steep, and have myself 3-4 cups of tea. Nothing else is going on. Nobody to talk to, no music or podcasts... just me and the ritual.

Sure! That's how I did it, there are a lot of ways to achieve lucidity, that's just the way that works for me:
  • Always write your dreams on your dream journal first thing in the morning, don't wait, don't go to the bathroom, just write what you remember. At first you will remember some random scene, write it. You don't remember anything? Write "Don't remember", this part is important, you have to create a habit, in a week or so you'll remember a lot of stuff, guarantee.
  • Perform reality checks during the day, watch your hands, watch clock multiple times, try to breath with your mouth and nose closed, feel yourself, feel the enviroment, feel alive. If you perform reality checks, after some time you'll perform one in a dream unconsciously, then you'll take control of it.
  • Wake up in the middle of the night and do something for 40 or so minutes, something that won't make you think too much, then go back to bed.
  • Take melatonin, but not before bed, take it after the first time you'll wake up at night.
  • Before bed say "I will realize that I am dreaming and I will take control of my dream" and visualize yourself take control of your dream until you fall asleep.
  • Repeat until success.
I started last year in December, had my first lucid dream three weeks ago, it's not hard but you have to want it bad enough, like everything in life.

Oh, and there's a book, "Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming", it's a good book and it will answer all your questions, just skim it and you'll be fine.

Wow... this brings me back.
I was a freshman in highschool when I wrote a 50 page ebook on a process very similar to this.... which I sold on ebay as my first product. My buddy was learning programming so we packaged the book with a 'dream journal' software. Both the book and the software sucked, but the concept was there.

bensonj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Jul 2, 2013
My sister told me to read a book called E-Squared. Since that day, I've been hooked.

@Likwid24 - agreed! E-squared is one of the best "energy" books ever! What about the "hanger" experiment?!! I have tried them all and they are amazing!

I've been on the QP, metaphysical path for several years. My brother (who has his masters in nuclear physics) has been on it since he was 18 - he calls it (and so do I now) being "ONE with the Universe". He is a manifesting machine - whatever he decides on he gets! We all thought he was a kook when he would tell us that he would be living on the Hudson River in Manhattan making over 400K per year. He's been doing just that for the past 15 years - right in the smack of battery park. His life principle has always been that he would live life like he had a trust fund and he does. I've given myself 3 years to catch him and pass him in my manifesting abilities and wayyyy pass him in the $$$ department :)

I have not missed a day meditating for the past 5 years…it starts my day off right. Just 20 mins. in the morning and I'm good to go. I feel tapping into that quiet no-THING space where everything comes from (the quantum field) is what has helped me move to where I am today. I take action today - but it is inspired action…and every action has not failed me yet since adopting this approach...I feel we are more powerful than we know…we become what we focus on…when we see a thing - that thing gets planted like seed and it has to come up! The ground can grow gardens or weeds - it doesn't care. :)

Don't mean to be all froo-froo but I love this stuff! Lol!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Lastly, the only downside is that it seems to be SO hard to find this advice from someone who has real accomplishments.

I don't believe that you can just think about something and it will be drawn to you. I do believe that we create our own reality and that there is more to listening/understanding yourself than meets the eye. I meditate and have visions. I trust my instincts. I do have accomplishments.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Interesting occurrence. Three or four months ago, I was typing up an email for my email marketing sequence talking about my visualizations that I do for my desired future.

In the thing i wrote up, I talk about climbing up a hill, about to go to the top, overlooking the pacific ocean without a care in the world or a place to be. I originally typed this up last october when I was living in Boulder, CO. The picture on the left is a random picture I found on the internet to symbolize it (I found it 3 months ago).

The picture on the right is a GoPro video from two days ago in San Diego, CA - overlooking the pacific ocean, exactly how I described it and visualized it.

loa-pic.PNG

And about 5 other big ticket things that I visualized and mediated on wound up happening on this road trip (grand canyon, vegas, LA, San Diego). The most notable part....all of this happened after I pretty much forgot about it, and almost out of coincidence.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I try meditating, and sometimes I can get into it. When I get into meditation, I realize what a slave to my thoughts I am. I have thoughts come that are my everyday, 99% repeated, thoughts. Then I distance myself. I acknowledge them, but do not fight them. I let them escape. More space opens up, some other thoughts start to come in. Once they more or less clear up, the silence enters everything. Sometimes I just have the feeling come up, and I know what I must do...and even if I don't like the idea of doing this, I know this is what I must do. Two days ago, all that happened was that I could hear the silence. I just sat and listened through the amplified hearing, without thoughts. Usually, I can go for about 40 second mediation and come out and be in the moment and happy. Then the thoughts go bam bam bam and you are a slave again. In my case I've learned it is all about letting go, just let go. easier said than done.

I just meditated, and i'd say what it does is lets me feel things, instead of thinking I can get the feeling, and understand where I thought myself away from myself.

Last edited:

HappyFighter

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 29, 2013
Philippines
Has anyone here experienced thinking of a word or concept and suddenly you hear or saw something that's related or is an exact match of the word or concept?

Example:
I'm thinking of a laptop then the person speaking on television or radio mentions "laptop."

It can be dismissed as pure coincidence, but when it happens it makes me smile. :)

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@awanrmb ... Jeet kune do was the second art I studied. I have the first edition of Bruce Lee's book. Wise and powerful man he was.

We all can see and do so much more than we think we can. When I train in he arts now, I see energy flow... hard to explain but very cool.... and handy. I got out of earning belts many years ago... Glad I did.

Whatever anyone does in life, meditation will improve life.

WhiteEagle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Feb 10, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Anyhow, I was curious if anyone had any "synchronous" stories to tell in their life ... you know, that one thing that was simply way too coincidental to be a coincidence.

So as you know, I've just joined this forum. On the VERY day that I signed up, I was driving to work in the afternoon and as I'm driving, I see a LAMBORGHINI... I pull into the rest stop for a coffee and THERE IT IS AGAIN, refueling. Seriously? The same day I join the Fastlane Forum?? Honestly, these cars are rare around here, and I've NEVER seen one driven here (Toronto area) in the winter. I was stoked, while at the same time left thinking, "wtf?" They are truly beautiful machines and I envy you MJ. But no stress. For me, the time will come soon. ;)

Here are the two pics, no datestamp but taken on Feb 13th. I also have the original dashcam footage.

Feel free to edit/remove the pics if need be.

lambo1.JPG
lambo2.JPG

Signing up to this forum has already caused far-reaching consequences. I can't wait to see what happens when I actually start posting stuff! :D I'm still honestly in awe at the coincidence!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I agree with focusing on the moment and listening to your intuition. That is what I get from meditation. There is so much noise in the world and it is nice to have a place to block it out.

Speaking of noise, some of the best advice I've ever gotten came from you years ago. You said something along the lines of "focus in on want you want and realize that the rest is just noise." So wise, and so true.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I agree with focusing on the moment and listening to your intuition. That is what I get from meditation. There is so much noise in the world and it is nice to have a place to block it out.

Option

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 22, 2013
Netherlands
When I am meditating I noticed that practising gratitude as a mantra worked very well for me.
Just keep finding things to be thankful for. You start to notice more and more things to come up if you practice daily.
It always puts me in a positive state of mind; infinite things to think about, infinite things to be thankful for.

I also use walking for meditation, clearing the fog, works for me.

MorgothBauglir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Dec 23, 2013
(Sorry but it's a story I don't want public.)
Tease.

Meditation completely changed my life. It's the closest I can get to what I would consider freewill. Complete mindfulness of my situation, so I'm not a slave to my emotions, being aware of my decisions and choosing the right one.

I'm also into brazilian jiu jitsu, and that flow state, that I guess athletes would call 'the zone', I get into it way more when I'm keeping a meditation practice. Hell, I tap into that flow state when I'm washing dishes, hanging washing, driving, whatever.

I'd recommend it to everyone. Freedom from regret, fear and indecisiveness. Jiddu Krishnamurti is the man.

Last edited:

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
I have been meditating for over a year now. 20 minutes a day.

What I have learned is that my brain / mind is like a dragon that needs to be tamed. So besides just meditation, I read more books then ever (biographies, philosophy books). I walk 1 hour a day. I do lots of activities that bring me to "now"

Meditation has a major influence on the improvement of my life. My life has become richer. I live my life with more value.

Every day I focus on living more and more in the moment. I start to realise on a very deep level that this moment is all I ever have, and had. You do have a past, but it only exists now, in your mind. The same with your future.

It also made me stop making goals for myself, and focusing on outcomes. There is a difference. I focus on the process.

I have a vision for myself, but at the same time, I focus on this moment. I focus on what I do now. Everything has become more healthier and in balance. My negative thought process has become less and I can handle my emotions better and better. Rare are the moments I am flipping out, compared to my past.

No self improvement book has ever "helped" me like a full year of 20 minutes a day of meditations.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
This is harder to do than it sounds. It is important to stay in the "now". If we are focused on the past and the future, we are likely ignoring what we are telling ourselves to do now.

Yes, and eventhough I would really love to be in the moment all the time, I am not resisting when I am not.
There are just certain activities that make it easier for me to stay present then others.
Reading, sports, walking, taking a shower, cleaning the house, talking with somebody, I can stay present
But, when I put on my Xbox, before I know it I am completely in my head blaming the game for being corrupt and blablabla..

Then I get consumed by my mind and don't recognize anymore that I am not my mind.

That's why I try to do things bit by bit that are mentally more healthy to become stronger in the present.

Simple, but not easy. It's probably a lifelong journey. And that's fine.

Meditation is a part of my life. I would not want to become a buddhist monk. It adds on to becoming a stronger person. More grounded.
That, for me, is the most important aspect. Becoming more grounded while getting older. I am 31, so becoming grounded is a part of growing up. But, it's also a proactive act.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I've had a a couple of times in my life where I've felt other forces were at work--blocking me from what I wanted, to the point it was just crazy how many doors were shutting.
I personally do not believe that there are other forces at work. We are those forces that close the doors.

bensonj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Jul 2, 2013
Anyhow, I was curious if anyone had any "synchronous" stories to tell in their life

@MJ DeMarco Told this in my intro - but bears repeating - my brother in NYC met a guy named David who was into internet marketing…this was of interest to me - so I asked my bro to intro me so we could chat. He agreed - we talked - he gave me some great advice for a site I have - but he said "I don't really know if you would be interested - but you should get the book Millionaire Fastlane " now keep in mind we didn't talk about money AT ALL or getting rich or anything like that…I told him thanks and I got the book that day. Your book led me here and the posts inspired me to want to do something…my product came to me "inspired" and I did things differently based on your book - everything is growing and I'm meeting and forming relationships with some wonderful people….all from one seemingly off the cuff suggestion. I don't think it was a coincidence that he mentioned MFL. That one mention - is growing things in my life I never could have written a script for. Things that most wouldn't believe happen to me daily now. All very surreal.

changed from the good old "Getting a Lamborghini Aventador" to something like:
"Use my money to make the world a better place for me, and everyone in it."
@em1L That's the great thing about knowing these things - we can do it all and have it all. I can have and help! I know I'll help a lot of folks - but I'm gonna have my Porsche Panamera!! Lol

Is negative thinking natural or are we taught it?
Personally - @Tommy92l I feel we come here full ON - but get the negativity conditioned into us. I know right next to the word negative in the dictionary is a pic of my mom…for real :) Lol

But, I believe if you accept your flippin out session.

Exactly! @Skys - the more I accept ALL sides of me - even when I get irritated - the quicker I roll out of it. I have a new motto - everyTHING that happens in my life is for my highest good - even the disappointments. No sense in fighting it - it is really what it is. Knowing quantum physics and what some call the Law of Attraction doesn't mean sitting on a hill like the buddha meditating all day doing nothing. It means to me - living life to the fullest, having the freedom move about the planet and experience it all! The wonders and the road rage lol. In the words of the great Bill Hicks…
"Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid -EVER- because, this is just a ride."

Oh and @Bigguns50 - my g-daughter had eczema so horribly bad - took her off wheat - cleared in a matter of weeks and has not returned unless she sneaks or gets gluten accidentally and she starts to break out almost immediately. I took it out of my diet after getting deathly ill and I won't touch the stuff again…ever!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.