The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm Back, I Guess (WTF Happened?)

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Feb 10, 2009
NYC
So I'm not exactly a brand new member but I have not been active for a while. I recently found myself scribbling down ideas, looking to make some changes to my Slowlane life. Scribbling away I remembered that I used to be part of this community. Well, here I am again.

Thanks to you MJ - what an amazing community you have built and maintained. I signed up in 2009 and it's still all here, seven years later. Website looks a lot sleeker, too.

I grew up in Germany in a village surrounded by forests and car factories. My dad is an entrepreneur and plenty of my relatives are small business owners. During college I played around with the idea of starting a business, ranging from various online business schemes (sell ebooks for a commission - I feel so old even thinking about that) to starting a "real world", innovative business (I tried to create customized supplement combination packages and sell them online). I also remember there was this whole cottage industry of people selling "get rich quick with online marketing" ebooks to each other online. Kind of amazing that you could do business with a basic html sales letter just a few short years ago.

Anyways, none of those endeavors took off and after finishing college I moved to New York for love. I got lucky and got a job in investment banking. After a few years I left to join a private investment firm where we manage a wealthy family's assets (a so-called "family office"). It's been a good ride so far but it is, unfortunately, a Slowlane life. A shiny and comfortable hamster wheel.

I would say I'm fairly well-versed with any topics concerning investments and markets. Stocks, credit, private equity, hedge funds, you name it. Now I will have to figure out how to build a Fastlane business. I'm getting tired of the Slowlane and somewhere inside me there are still glimmers of that young kid that wanted to conquer the world. I will have to turn those little sparks into a blaze again. Thanks for having me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Welcome back.

If your dad is an entrepreneur and you have lots of relatives running small businesses, then maybe you could start by providing some sort of service to them.

That's what jumped out at me as it's how I got started in my current business. (See the first quote in my signature.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...