The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you make 100$?

mastasef

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 27, 2010
Hi everybody, this is a simple exercise that can serve as a roadmap for someone seeking a way to make a few bucks heck even fortunes by scaling.
So how can you make 100$ with no starting capital and no 'special' skill, legally of course ?
All ideas are welcome

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Working. Your mind blown yet?
Begging (my friend just raised over $3,000 for his dog with cancer)
Dog cancer breaks my heart. That's just something horrible in the fact that the dog doesn't understand cancer.

Last edited:

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH

dNjzwCA.png

G

GuestUser113

First think of the color you want your Ferrari to be. Replace value with "I want". Then go chase money. Screw the $100. You'll be a billionaire by the end of the year.

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
Making 100$ is fairly easy selling some affiliate product / service.
But look for stuff with higher commisions, selling 1000 dollar product at 20% commision will yield you 200 dollars.

Key is obviously finding the sellers who will buy that bulls**t

Do not sell stuff like apple products for crappy 2% commision.

Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Drop your ego. Nothing is below you. Not even a job at Mcdonalds.

I don't know where you live but here in Canada, the weather is starting to warm up and the snow is starting to melt. Soon, the grass will grow again and with it, people will need their lawns mowed, their hedges and shrubs trimmed, and their weeds whacked. Ride-on mowers are expensive but you can get a rolling one (the one that isn't powered) for less than $100. A push mower is like a couple hundred. I bet Home Depot would finance one for ya. Or you could put it on a credit card. Weed whackers are less.

I charged $20 a lawn some 7 years ago when I started mowing lawns in high school. You could charge more, especially if their lawn is bigger. All you gotta do is knock on some doors (the ones with the long grass) and offer 'Hey, I see your grass is growing, and I don't wanna be a bother, but I'll cut your grass for $20. I'll even be back next week! I'll do your hedges and your weeds, too!'

You gotta be on it quick, though, or the immigrants or local high school kids will nab it up and do it for less. And you always gotta be closing. After you've paid off the mower, the rest minus gas is pure profit. If you have repeat customers, it's perfect. You could clear a couple hundred every day. You don't even have to grow it big if you don't want to: you could just do it for this spring-summer-early fall season and have several thousand in the bank.

No skill required. No experience required. Just a willingness to take doors in the face and compete with people who don't speak English.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Find people who are giving away free things. This includes, but is not limited to: family, friends, craigslist, etc. Clean the items up, and sell them on eBay or Craigslist. It's a good exercise for developing your copy writing skill and marketing charisma.

You can also start with basic landscaping, if you have the equipment. A lawn mower and weed eater can take you far, especially now that we're entering spring and soon, summer.

@LibertyForMe You owe me a keyboard. I cracked up and spilled water everywhere.

Last edited:

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
@The-J I don't know how I missed your post. Sorry about that! Great minds think alike, right? :D

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Best way of making money actually... find someone who wants something, then help them get it.

mastasef

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 27, 2010
In case you're wondering how I learned a skill that would help other people, I realised that I needed a higher purpose than me "learning a skill".

I found someone who needed help, and learned how to help them.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-biggest-benefit-of-adwords.52440/
seems to be the best solution , selling services ... Lot of competition but that means $$$ to be made ... What skills could be the most profitable and in demand?

Last edited by a moderator:

mastasef

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 27, 2010
Drop your ego. Nothing is below you. Not even a job at Mcdonalds.

I don't know where you live but here in Canada, the weather is starting to warm up and the snow is starting to melt. Soon, the grass will grow again and with it, people will need their lawns mowed, their hedges and shrubs trimmed, and their weeds whacked. Ride-on mowers are expensive but you can get a rolling one (the one that isn't powered) for less than $100. A push mower is like a couple hundred. I bet Home Depot would finance one for ya. Or you could put it on a credit card. Weed whackers are less.

I charged $20 a lawn some 7 years ago when I started mowing lawns in high school. You could charge more, especially if their lawn is bigger. All you gotta do is knock on some doors (the ones with the long grass) and offer 'Hey, I see your grass is growing, and I don't wanna be a bother, but I'll cut your grass for $20. I'll even be back next week! I'll do your hedges and your weeds, too!'

You gotta be on it quick, though, or the immigrants or local high school kids will nab it up and do it for less. And you always gotta be closing. After you've paid off the mower, the rest minus gas is pure profit. If you have repeat customers, it's perfect. You could clear a couple hundred every day. You don't even have to grow it big if you don't want to: you could just do it for this spring-summer-early fall season and have several thousand in the bank.

No skill required. No experience required. Just a willingness to take doors in the face and compete with people who don't speak English.
Well i live In a Big city not So many lands to mown thought about painting Jobs = but advertising would be harder can't just throw some ads on craigslist you need a website showcasing previous work etc ( by the way need also a kind of licence here in Belgium) ... But i do agree with you that these kind of manual services are good to start with

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
Has been mentioned in previous threads, you could search for local businesses/ tradesmen online whose websites are out of date/ have poor local seo presence/ poor branding/ need more leads etc, then contact by email or phone offering to fix/ improve for them, then either sub it out to a freelancer (use odesk/elance/ local marketing co etc) and take your cut as a middle man, or get paid as a lead generator selling their details onto a marketing services co to provide the services.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Look, getting money is simple. Not easy, but simple.
To get money, you must realize that fundamentally, money is a STORE OF VALUE, a MEDIUM OF EXCHANGE.

Matter of fact, it's the most abundant store of value there is, 3 TRILLION dollars traded daily.

So to get money you need to EXCHANGE for something.
So just find something people are willing to Exchange for :)

Is it a service you can do? A product? A problem you can solve?
Help someone do something faster? Easier?
I.e VALUE.

The more people you exchange your value with, the more you'll have.

Here is an awesome read:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

For $100,

Help someone move
play the guitar at birthday party
clean someones windows
wash 5 cars for $20
mow 4 lawns
clean out 2 garages
get 3 people gorceries
take 4 peoples stuff to drycleaners for them
sell 5 CDs.
.... hell just knock doors and just ask if they need any handywork done. 70% will say yes we need something done.
Change lightbulbs.

opportunities are endless when you focus on needs.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hmm...if you find the elderly they need companions to read to them, talk to them, make dinner for them, clean, and repair. You can make some money helping the elderly or disabled out.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Personally, I've gone the route of learn a skill that others want to pay for. Then sell the skill.

www.tropicalmba.com/consulting

Bingo baby.
I hate the "with no special skill" stipulation.

SPECIAL SKILLS are where the money's at. Special skills can never be taken away from you, and if you were to be stranded on the street naked and in debt and fearful for your life, your special skills will get your back where you were in moments!

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Well i live In a Big city not So many lands to mown thought about painting Jobs = but advertising would be harder can't just throw some ads on craigslist you need a website showcasing previous work etc ( by the way need also a kind of licence here in Belgium) ... But i do agree with you that these kind of manual services are good to start with

You are overcomplicating things. Why do you need a Web Site? That's just an excuse. How did people get work before they had a Web Site? I'll tell you how. The same way they did 20, 30, 40 or 50 years ago, they knocked on doors. Get out into the nicer areas, people with gardens that need care, rubbish that needs removing, gutters and widows that need cleaning. Doors, masonry, gates that need painting. Fences that need repairing, weeds that need digging. Everyone has something they need doing. Absolutely no capital to start up and no skills? I'm sure you could borrow a few gardening implements and you don't need much experience to sweep up leaves.

Knock on the door....

"Excuse me for disturbing you but I couldn't help noticing that your gate needs repairing....."

If no success move on to the next one. Once you hit gold do a decent job and make sure you leave everything exceptionally tidy. Then ask them if they have anything else they would like you to look at, you noticed their gutters are full of leaves, the front door catches on its frame, the garden shed needs repainting...

Once you are done ask them if they know anyone locally who could also benefit from your services. If not then when you knock on other doors locally tell them you have just finished a job for Mr & Mrs Jones round the corner. Sell yourself, before long you will be so busy you'll need help.

Don't sit on your arse behind a computer screen waiting for an email. What's the worst that could happen? You knock on a door and get a "We are not interested thank you".

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Starting with no capital and no special skill, you can go dumpster diving.
http://www.wired.com/2015/02/high-end-dumpster-diving-matt-malone/
You could also go from house to house offering to wash windows or do other chores.
For a tiny investment you could sell sodas at the beach and make a few hundred dollars a day.
Also with no investment, you can panhandle on the streets. I've heard that street beggars
make more money than the average person.

mastasef

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 27, 2010
You are overcomplicating things. Why do you need a Web Site? That's just an excuse. How did people get work before they had a Web Site? I'll tell you how. The same way they did 20, 30, 40 or 50 years ago, they knocked on doors. Get out into the nicer areas, people with gardens that need care, rubbish that needs removing, gutters and widows that need cleaning. Doors, masonry, gates that need painting. Fences that need repairing, weeds that need digging. Everyone has something they need doing. Absolutely no capital to start up and no skills? I'm sure you could borrow a few gardening implements and you don't need much experience to sweep up leaves.

Knock on the door....

"Excuse me for disturbing you but I couldn't help noticing that your gate needs repairing....."

If no success move on to the next one. Once you hit gold do a decent job and make sure you leave everything exceptionally tidy. Then ask them if they have anything else they would like you to look at, you noticed their gutters are full of leaves, the front door catches on its frame, the garden shed needs repainting...

Once you are done ask them if they know anyone locally who could also benefit from your services. If not then when you knock on other doors locally tell them you have just finished a job for Mr & Mrs Jones round the corner. Sell yourself, before long you will be so busy you'll need help.

Don't sit on your arse behind a computer screen waiting for an email. What's the worst that could happen? You knock on a door and get a "We are not interested thank you".
You are right sitting here thinking or searching for solutions isn't gonna make me any money gotta get out there and do the work! Thank you for the wake up call

mastasef

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 27, 2010
Look, getting money is simple. Not easy, but simple.
To get money, you must realize that fundamentally, money is a STORE OF VALUE, a MEDIUM OF EXCHANGE.

Matter of fact, it's the most abundant store of value there is, 3 TRILLION dollars traded daily.

So to get money you need to EXCHANGE for something.
So just find something people are willing to Exchange for :)

Is it a service you can do? A product? A problem you can solve?
Help someone do something faster? Easier?
I.e VALUE.

The more people you exchange your value with, the more you'll have.

Here is an awesome read:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

For $100,

Help someone move
play the guitar at birthday party
clean someones windows
wash 5 cars for $20
mow 4 lawns
clean out 2 garages
get 3 people gorceries
take 4 peoples stuff to drycleaners for them
sell 5 CDs.
.... hell just knock doors and just ask if they need any handywork done. 70% will say yes we need something done.
Change lightbulbs.

opportunities are endless when you focus on needs.
Very good advice there

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.