The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dealing with Network Marketers?

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Just wanted to post an conversation that took place, today, on face book, and ask Did I handle this professionally? <pause> and how would you have handled it differently? I removed any web links leading to the marketing materials .

I saw that you were in the okc entrepreneurs group. Do you keep your options open to making extra money?

3 hours ago

Well, Don, of course I do but if were discussing network marketing then NO! not enough control and leverage in the way the business model is set up.

Yea but if you knew about the company early then would you ? Go see this video. it explains how timing is key and this is the key timing for {Company Name removed by me} If not and you hear about it later hit me up before it's too late.

We are also the top paid network marketing, we don't want to be like the others. I'm 47 and I make plenty of money but I see the future this company will be. Worth a shot to come see for yourself. You never know right. I'm sure people thought a shake drink would never become 3 billion dollar company.

a few seconds ago

"If we're" Thank you, for not correcting me on my spelling. Still, I am not sure, this isn't my first, Rodeo in this industry. My journey in business began, in 2007,So, without giving details just realize I know what challenges are faced and how low compensation can be with any business model that requires referral sponsoring. I was more productive selling CUTCO knives back in 2010

Best wishes, and very glad your making income with this, but unless your personally pulling in six figures and can mentor me through the process I would prefer not to watch the video and to not hear more about this opportunity thank you.

Right all I am saying we don't try to sell now like some others have to since they are full of distributors. We need more distributors not sales people. That's is after a company has made the billion. If you ever want to come and see no pressure at all, just give an hr of your time. Del.city or yukon is most places we have meetings. Thanks for at least hearing about it. If you know anyone else that may want to try let me know. Believe me I was skeptical at first and did a ton of research and I see how well this can explode and I want to ride up because of the timing.

Chat Conversation End.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA
Just wanted to post an conversation that took place, today, on face book, and ask Did I handle this professionally? <pause> and how would you have handled it differently? I removed any web links leading to the marketing materials .

I saw that you were in the okc entrepreneurs group. Do you keep your options open to making extra money?

3 hours ago

Well, Don, of course I do but if were discussing network marketing then NO! not enough control and leverage in the way the business model is set up.

Yea but if you knew about the company early then would you ? Go see this video. it explains how timing is key and this is the key timing for {Company Name removed by me} If not and you hear about it later hit me up before it's too late.

We are also the top paid network marketing, we don't want to be like the others. I'm 47 and I make plenty of money but I see the future this company will be. Worth a shot to come see for yourself. You never know right. I'm sure people thought a shake drink would never become 3 billion dollar company.

a few seconds ago

"If we're" Thank you, for not correcting me on my spelling. Still, I am not sure, this isn't my first, Rodeo in this industry. My journey in business began, in 2007,So, without giving details just realize I know what challenges are faced and how low compensation can be with any business model that requires referral sponsoring. I was more productive selling CUTCO knives back in 2010

Best wishes, and very glad your making income with this, but unless your personally pulling in six figures and can mentor me through the process I would prefer not to watch the video and to not hear more about this opportunity thank you.

Right all I am saying we don't try to sell now like some others have to since they are full of distributors. We need more distributors not sales people. That's is after a company has made the billion. If you ever want to come and see no pressure at all, just give an hr of your time. Del.city or yukon is most places we have meetings. Thanks for at least hearing about it. If you know anyone else that may want to try let me know. Believe me I was skeptical at first and did a ton of research and I see how well this can explode and I want to ride up because of the timing.

Chat Conversation End.
What do you mean did you handle it professionally?

You could've just said "No, thank you." lol :headbanger:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
tumblr_mer39mrVGQ1ribkkao1_500.jpg

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
I would say "no thanks" every time. But if you really want to get them talking ask about how much they currently earn. They'll tell you about the top earner and how much they plan on earning, etc etc. It's hilarious, just a waste of time.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
No, you argued with him. Wrong choice. Nod and agree. "I'm swamped at the moment, can't look at new opportunities with the necessary focus" or some bullshit like that.

Yup. This is what I always say if I'm trying to be polite. If I don't care about being polite, a simple "I'm not interested" will suffice.

Two things:

1. The "training" that these people get from their upline teaches them specific counter-arguments. They actually get excited when you engage them, and by telling them ANYTHING about why you are saying no, you are actually giving them ammunition to continue the discussion. If you find yourself engaged with someone who has some decent sales skills, you might talk yourself into a corner, where you'll just have to end up being rude any way.

2. Time is money. It's your money, it's their money. If you aren't interested, it's wasting everyone's time to even engage at all. Next time, wish him luck and tell him to move on.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Yup. This is what I always say if I'm trying to be polite. If I don't care about being polite, a simple "I'm not interested" will suffice.

Two things:

1. The "training" that these people get from their upline teaches them specific counter-arguments. They actually get excited when you engage them, and by telling them ANYTHING about why you are saying no, you are actually giving them ammunition to continue the discussion. If you find yourself engaged with someone who has some decent sales skills, you might talk yourself into a corner, where you'll just have to end up being rude any way.

2. Time is money. It's your money, it's their money. If you aren't interested, it's wasting everyone's time to even engage at all. Next time, wish him luck and tell him to move on.

Very good answer thank you for your time and for sharing this.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
''Sounds great. I'm swamped at the moment with my biz. but i am very interested, so get back to me in 6 months and we will move ahead''

you will never hear from them again

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
''Sounds great. I'm swamped at the moment with my biz. but i am very interested, so get back to me in 6 months and we will move ahead''

you will never hear from them again
Thats a pussy answer. Clearly saying no to people is a very important skill.

Barbara

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 17, 2015
Network marketers are everywhere . and they have a professional skills to speak and their treatments . in Asian countries they are growing fast . always try to show people they are rich ! show themselves laughing ! happy ! gentle and ... to motivate people

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
Why are folks worried about being polite or professional with people that that at best are wasting your time and most probably, scamming you? Granted, I'm a dinosaur and don't know how Facebook works, but my standard answer once I know it's MLM is "F**K Off." I believe, from his earlier posts, the OP has deep Christian faith, but that's no reason to be scammed. He can tone it down to "Buzz Off" if he's more comfortable with that phraseology.

Cheers,
O-2

PS - Man, I hate MLM!

Last edited:

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
You never know right. I'm sure people thought a shake drink would never become 3 billion dollar company.

Love it how they always relate it back to a billion dollar business that has nothing to do with mlm.

"You gotta sign up, because once upon a time Apple made a phone that made billions. So yeah, sign up to mlm"

Bet you guys feel like signing up now, don't you?

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
Just tell me this, if MLM is so great, why do its proponents feel the need to lie to you to get you to listen to their pitch?

Cheers,
O-2

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I think I just see the message and ignore it and don't answer it, or just say I"m not interested. Usually I go for ignore it. lol I get it on twitter all the time. And don't care.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.