The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are people millionaires in this forum?

G

GuestUser305

So this forum is about the fast lane. Almost everybody in here aims for the big money so that one can life in freedom. Since I am pretty new to this forum I just know two actual millionaires. MJ De Marco and Grumpy Cat ( https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/well-im-officially-a-millionaire.63129/ ). Is anybodies bark just bigger than their bite? Because I don't know sometimes whether to listen or not to advice from people in this forum. Like MJ De Marco said in this book, there is always this "all-known uncle" who can tell you the molecular structure of antimatter. Why shouldn't I assume that this forum is full of fat uncles who tell you how to lose body fat and get those abs going on :D?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
This isn't the first time someone started a thread like this here and it never goes well.
Yes, there are many millionaires on the forum. No, they're not the majority.
You'll figure out who to listen to as time goes on.
I'd use the Rep Bank as a starting point and adjust from there.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
The essential point is: who gives a shit if you follow the advice or not? You're the only one with skin in the game.
For what it's worth, you should never follow anybody's advice blindly - millionaire or broke, the advice can be bad just the same. You should take ideas and evaluate them yourself.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
594%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
So this forum is about the fast lane. Almost everybody in here aims for the big money so that one can life in freedom. Since I am pretty new to this forum I just know two actual millionaires. MJ De Marco and Grumpy Cat ( https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/well-im-officially-a-millionaire.63129/ ). Is anybodies bark just bigger than their bite? Because I don't know sometimes whether to listen or not to advice from people in this forum. Like MJ De Marco said in this book, there is always this "all-known uncle" who can tell you the molecular structure of antimatter. Why shouldn't I assume that this forum is full of fat uncles who tell you how to lose body fat and get those abs going on :D?

When you start to test advice it gets really clear whether or not it's useful for you.

Even a millionaire's advice may not be million dollar advice if you don't do something with it.

Even if you do do something with it, it may end in failure.

There are millionaires here who give useful advice. There are non-millionaires here who give useful advice.

There are people of both types that also give non-useful advice.

Test the advice that seems useful for you, and if you get positive results use it.

If you read The Millionaire Fastlane and never use the advice, was it really useful for you?

Critical Thinking Questions
• Does the advice seem useful? Does it feel useful?
• Does it answer my question from my perspective, or does it just tell me what I should do?
• Does it come from someone with some kind of results?
• How can I discover their results? (read their profile? read their posts?)
• How can I make the advice useful even if it doesn't seem useful?
• If the advice seems useful, or if I think I can make it useful, how can I test it fast and get real results?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 14, 2015
Australia
I know a number of millionaires outside the forum whose advice I wouldn't take.

When reading threads and absorbing advice I look to the entire process being described and how I can benefit from it, rather than the event of 'having a million dollar worth'.

Just remember if you're valuing someone's opinion largely on how much money they say they have, there are a number of Nigerian bankers who'd be thrilled to talk to you :p

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
The information here comes from a rich and diversified community. Many nationalities, income groups, age ranges and people with experiences in all walks of life, and at all levels. You have people who were rich and went broke and people who were deep in debt but are now living the fastlane life.

Everyone has something of value to contribute from the lessons learned in their own personal journeys. Many of us here hope that by passing this information on we can help our community avoid the same mistakes and have richer life because of it.

If being a millionaire is your sole filter for taking advice then you will sorely miss out on the wealth of knowledge that is available to you.

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
Nope no millionaires here from fastlane. Everyone here inherited wealth from dead family members. Were just sharing stories here of our good fortune and luck. If you haven't inherited anything sorry but your shit out of luck.
^^ Its all true I am in fact the son to a wealthy oil tycoon and just today had my many servants polish my gold and diamond dust bugatti veyron.

FreshStart87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 28, 2013
New Jersey
People just have a lot of nerve making comments on here without even really giving the forum a chance. All it really takes is looking at a few gold post to understand the reality.

Boozoon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 4, 2015
Thankfully this forum is not like Reddit where they will ask a picture of your bank account if you say you make good money. After a while you begin to filter good and bad advice, but here are the criteria I follow when it comes to implementing anything :

1) Does it apply to my current situation? Does the person understand my current situation?
2) If I follow this advice, can I somehow gauge progress or lack of progress? Saying "you should do marketing" lacks ways to count progress whereas saying "you should split test and and check your CTR" is always solid.
3) Are they open to the idea they might be wrong? If they are wrong, what is the worst possible scenario?

Especially number 3 has been golden to me, not only when taking advice but also when deciding where to put my time and money.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"People take advice for two reasons. To do the opposite, or to blame you when it goes wrong."

In all seriousness though... I don't think I've ever met a millionaire who just dropped into the conversation that he/she was a millionaire. I don't recall *anyone* telling me their bank balance to be honest... Not IRL anyway.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
At one point in my life, I was worth

-$1,000,000 (+\-). Negative. Roughly $1 million in the hole.

One of my favorite posters on this forum was a fledgling author, mom, and working a regular job when she joined the forum.

She wouldn't have passed your stupid a$$, uneducated litmus test. You would've missed a diamond because somebody else polished up a piece of coal and told you it was a jewel.

Oh by the way she's a best-selling author now. Not that that matters.

I'm moving your post to the appropriate category. For the time being, please read more and post less.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
After a month here you'll be able to easily tell who knows their stuff and who doesn't.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.