The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2015 Fastlane Summit, Official Thread

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Four days since the last post in this thread.

Is everybody settling back in to mediocrity?

Are you doing exactly what your other half expected that you'd be doing after the newness of the conference wore off? After the excitement subsided?

Are you one of them, or one of us...

The honeymoon period is over. Is life settling back in for you?

Are you back into your routine?

Are you going to be on the speakers podium next year?

I got a call last week for some help on a couple of tactical details from somebody that attended the meet up whose life was changed. The $300 ticket they had purchased was probably $1 million golden ticket to them.

What about you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
18 months to freedom.

Curious what this means for you? I ask because I felt "total freedom" the moment my business was self-supporting and generating positive cash flow. I wasn't a millionaire (or even a thousandaire) and it was the most profound feeling ever. A good example of this is @Vick who just quit his job-- he's witnessing cash flow and supporting himself and you can tell that he finally feels free. My point is, if the aforementioned is what marks your freedom, it might not take 18 months. Anyhow, love seeing all these progress changes.

FastLanePursuer

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 11, 2012
Bay Area, CA
I noticed my productivity has gone down a bit, so I got out of my home office and joined a coworking space and so far my productivity has increased dramatically.

Happy hour on Fridays doesn't hurt either :) and they're open 24/7 for members.

Definitely recommend it if you're experiencing the same problem

cbb197accc5e68277232e7f48748562a.jpg NsSF-work-vacation.png o.jpg

Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
cb220b44ae8facfacd8db888cd78dd69.jpg

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
What a first day! Wow! Great seeing so many new faces and getting a chance to meet and interact. I'm learning so much from the prezi's and from one on one conversations.

@MJ DeMarco knocked it out of the park and his Q&A session was fantastic. People were asking great questions and MJ openly shared.

@Iwokeup - thanks so much for the information and experience. That will surely help many here.

@JasonR - what can I say? Such a cool inspiration.

@AnneC - I always look forward to hearing you share all the goodies you dish out. Thanks so much. Don't forget we need to talk one on one before you leave.

@ΕΝΔΕΚΑ - great content and insight in an often mis-understood area. Really appreciate the willingness to share as much info as you did.

@Arrabista - I'm speechless.

clapping.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
The cost of the ticket was the entrance fee for the expansion of your Rolodex for the rest of your life.
I've repeated this 10x over since I've been here. Don't assume you know who someone is either under or over. You can learn something of extreme value from everyone here.

So spending every waking moment that you can bare building rapport (yeah we get it @arribista) and trust with everyone here and it will change your personal AND professional life permanently, no matter what phase you are in.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Seriously the value is amazing. I have personally gained strategies that will add 6 or 7 figures this year...

Thanks to @Arrabista @endeka @Milkanic @travisphipps for real, actionable info that can be implemented immediately.

Thanks to all speakers as I am learning a tremendous amount.
You aren't kidding about the actionable information. Seriously. Thanks guys

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Mind blown TWICE in five minutes by @Travis Phipps! Thanks!
Best. meetup. ever.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

thorn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jun 23, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have never been a part of something like this and the only advice I can give those who missed out this year is to not miss next year.

And if timing and how fast the event sold out is the reason you missed out this year, well you now have one year give the event organizers a reason not to exclude you.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
It's cringeworthy reading all these comments not being able to attend this year.

I know exactly the feeling you get from these meetups.

The key though, is to keep that energy going so that it can help you go 10x the speed you were going before.

One thing that has been super useful after any of these meetups, is putting together masterminds and then hosting smaller, casual meetups.

I have friends on probably half the states that I can go visit, travel with or just plain call up to chat.

As @Vigilante engraved into me 2 years ago "Leave no stone un-turned"

Glad you guys had a blast, looking forward to progress threads :)

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
LOL ok this is too funny to be true.

Before I emailed the CEO, I emailed the low level peon and her boss I was working with. The boss accidentally replied to all:

We can give him lead data, what does it matter. This guy is a moron

Too bad I have a meeting with his CEO tomorrow.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
It's been one week since the meetup started. There are only 50ish weeks until the next meetup.

For those of us who resolved to be in a different place next year, we need to be asking ourselves "what did we do this week when we got back - are we any closer to our goals?"

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Damn that was one stable camera. Amazing.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Sorry to miss the pool party on Sunday. We took the red-eye out to Chicago, where we ran into @Likwid24.

I'm blessed to have found this tribe. Thank you, @MJ DeMarco. And thanks to @biophase, whose blog I had been following since the RDPD days, for much needed motivation and guidance.

It was so wonderful catching up with everyone. There were so many people there, it was hard to meet everyone, but you know where to find me. I'm not on the forum much, but hit me up on FB or Skype. Or just come out to Denver. ;)

Also, special shout-outs to...
  • @Red : You rock, girl! Great job, and looking forward to traveling together soon.
  • @AllenCrawley : Always a pleasure catching up with you and seeing your lovely wife. Still swear you robbed the cradle!
  • @Jill : Thank you for putting up with me for 2 weeks, and in a tent for half of that time. Love ya, and can't wait for our next adventure.
  • @LightHouse : Call me for a butt-kicking anytime. You're right... I don't sugar coat anything (as @Kung Fu Steve can attest).
  • @JasonR : Mind blown. Thank you for being so transparent and open. Can I couch surf for a few days and watch you and Cody work? Dead serious. (please tell Cody to come next year... or move back to CO!)
  • @1step : Always love picking your brain. Thanks for all the pointers. Let's catch up more in depth soon.
  • @TopChef : Sorry to miss your presentation, but I'm sure you can fill me in... maybe in China, again?
  • @VinceT and @danoodle : Tiesto and Kaskade this summer (Red Rocks, 3 day EDM festival)? Vince, thanks for the rides!
  • @needchaser : Awesome meeting up with you in Las Vegas and at the event, and great to hear your progress.
  • @Arrabista : Your energy is infectious. Can't wait to see you on film. And thank you to my partner, @csalvato !
  • @FionaS : Great to meet you in person after all of those Skype chats. Sorry we didn't have more time to catch up.
  • @ctkim : Most entertaining product, ever. Thanks for the laughs!
  • @Davidla and @MikeC : Lunch or dinner soon? @MarkNNelson , join us.
  • @Mrs. BRKb , @Chadi , @Eskil , @Milkanic , @putinwork , @Castaway , @Atown512 , @TheSilverSpoon , @splok , @AndrewNC : It was great seeing all of you again, as always.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
A word of caution:

A lot of people here have expressed excitement about who they met and what they learned at the conference ... and that's great.

But don't lose sight of the fundamentals.

Not infrequently ... when I spoke with people at the conference and asked them what they were up to ... or what they had in mind ... I scratched my head and asked myself ... is what I am hearing consistent with the Fastlane commandments?

Sometimes it was ... but often times it was not.

Some of you reading this might have arrived at the same impressions in the course of your own discussions.

My point is ... applying the "right" techniques ... to the "wrong" product or service ... will not get you far.

In your excitement to take action ... don't lose sight of the forest through the trees.

In the larger picture ... the conference changes nothing.

Your main focus should ... and must be ... the Fastlane commandments.

Fundamentals first.

Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Alright folks! Week #2 of the post-meetup March to Awesomeness is upon us. What are YOU doing to move forward?

:)

Shoutout to @throttleforward

Nothing that would be of interest publicly, but making rapid changes to re-engineer my life. Also back on top of creating this new products biz in effort to learn the process and automate the entire thing. Hopefully the tools i build will be of high value to most members here running products business'.

/vaugebullshit

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Have contacted several medical practices looking for client-zero to use my beta, and help steer future development. No, it's not ready to actually deploy but I figured I could be proactive.

Ideally I'm asking for them to pay 50% the rate of their current product, with the benefit to them that features will be added that specifically benefit them, and less expense. Although I don't think cost savings really is the compelling part.

I think I have my first client. Should know soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
So... I was asked to speak to since there's a lack of female representation, but I haven't really hashed-out my topic. :)

I was planning on doing Etsy-revisted. Maybe throw in some stuff about attending the Canton Fair, working with Chinese manufacturers, and cultural pitfalls. Also, hiring help, software tools, miscellaneous.

But I can also talk about real estate stuff, if we're short on real estate speakers (SFH rentals & fix and flips). Or how-not-to-get-frostbite climbing Kilimanjaro with fellow entrepreneurs from the forum.

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
So I just found out some awful news.

I fly out of Louisville Kentucky Thursday at 9am EST and when I checked the 10 day forecast back Saturday night, everything was clear and bright as far as weather goes.

They are now calling for 8-12 inches of snow Wednesday-Thursday, which means if that happens I will not be making it.

8-12 inches might not be a lot for some cities, but when it comes to the rural part of Kentucky I will be stuck in the house ( and possibly without power ) for at least 3-4 days as our roads ( and driveways ) where I live won't be plowed anytime soon.

I am still going to plan and be ready in case the weather people are wrong to come in and speak and be there for the lunches and dinners I set up, however there is a great chance I won't be there.

I believe it was 2 years ago I had the same issue. I called the airline and told them about the forecast and they moved me to an earlier flight for free. If I hadn't changed my flight I would have missed the event cause the airport was shut down for a couple days. If you can, try and get them to bump up the flight!

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Seriously the value is amazing. I have personally gained strategies that will add 6 or 7 figures this year...

Thanks to @Arrabista @endeka @Milkanic @travisphipps for real, actionable info that can be implemented immediately.

Thanks to all speakers as I am learning a tremendous amount.
You aren't kidding about the actionable information. Seriously. Thanks guys

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Mind blown TWICE in five minutes by @Travis Phipps! Thanks!

Last edited:

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
You know there's a point where you think you know a thing or two...then a few people blow your mind and you feel like a toddler. Great presentations by all.

Splock wound it up with some great humor and solid ux/ui advice. Esquire coined the phrase "vasectomies are fastlane," globalwealth just saved someone 100ķ and everyone is moving to latvia for the women.

Awesomeness from all. There are many more to thank, but my brain is broken.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Folks, here is the Official FB group for the 2015 Summit so we can keep in contact.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/508758542598409/

Please note, this is not the group from the old meetups. It's a newer one, however, anyone from the past meetup(s) can join.

Please join the group if you'd like and post some of the photo's from your weekend. I took several with people and would love to see them!!

Thenernsauce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Feb 20, 2015
Dallas TX
It's tempting to write a 100 paragraph disertation on how amazing last weekend was, but ill summarize instead:

I bought a last second plane ticket the Sunday before the meet up, knew nobody (including my roommate… nice meeting ya Ross, lol), had never posted on the forum, and it may have been the smartest decision I have ever made.

Shout out to @MJ DeMarco, @Red, and all the other speakers. The actions behind your words meant the world to me.

Thanks guys.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.