The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,186%
Jun 8, 2010
California
71IcW-ig7PL._SL1500_.jpg

Acupressure mat. There are a zillion of these being private labeled on Amazon. They're all the same so just go for the cheapest one. I think I got mine for 20 bucks or so.

I could talk forever about how beneficial this thing has been to my life, but I'll just copy and paste the ad description:
  • RELIEVES back pain and stress in the comfort of your home in as little as 15 minutes per day
  • IMPROVES circulation by increasing blood flow to the back and other areas for optimal health
  • HEADACHE RELIEF can be achieved by standing on the mat barefoot for up to 10 minutes by utilizing the reflexology points of the feet
  • INCREASES relaxation for a more restful sleep to increase energy levels and relaxation
  • Saves time and money by eliminating the need for chiropractors, physical therapists and acupuncture professionals
You'll likely experience some discomfort when initially trying it, but try to push through the first few minutes of pain and you'll feel amazing after.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

I own one as well.

If you want to lift, this is literally 100% of everything you'll need for a long, long time. It pays for itself (compared to even a cheap gym) in less than a year.

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
#1: Old fashioned Merkur safety razor made in Solingen, Germany. Bought it 10 years ago and still looks like the day I took it out of the box and gives a good shave with simple razor blades that are wayyyy cheaper than expensive cartridges from the store. The original "dollar shave club" lol

#2: WeatherTech floor mats for my car. I don't know about you guys, but winter is here and soon the filth and muck that comes with it will be upon us. Last Christmas, I went to the WeatherTech factory store and dropped a few bills on a set of deep mats. I happen to live about 10 minutes away from the factory so I got to see their operation in the flesh--Wow! The place was swarming with customers like a fire-ant hill to get their mitts on some high quality floor mats, lol! While you wait for them to pick your order, you can have a free LavAzza cappucino or mocha made by a team of nice ladies and sink into a soft leather couch. Now in the second winter of use, they clean up with a hose and a little soap and look like brand new and keep the filth out of your car.

#3: TMF and Unscripted . Not to sound like a broken record, but for the price I got what feels like a college education in wealth building. It has been a hell of a year filled with trial and error but I am feeling so excited for what 2018 holds in store on my journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Ankle support wrap. I twist my right ankle like once every 3 months and can barely walk, but this thing gives it a lot of support so I can be mobile without the pain. Cost like $5.00.

I'm wearing it right now after a jump rope catastrophe yesterday.

58da59cb-cdba-4aa5-b70c-a5ceb570cc96_1.9f2522b8e144c7b81fa69e6eff462f00.jpeg

This image is by a foot model and is not the real SinisterLex

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Going to have to say my Kindle. I can haul 100's of books around with my everywhere I go without wrecking my back! Not to mention the enormous value I have gotten from all the books I have read!

db0e71a6-0ea2-4818-9b01-9b3ae2d35a8b_1.d85625037c4e3ddf67a80492e950a919.jpeg

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Going to have to say my Kindle. I can haul 100's of books around with my everywhere I go without wrecking my back! Not to mention the enormous value I have gotten from all the books I have read!

I keep going back and forth on this.

I really think I should pull the trigger. Part of me LOVES physical books. The look, the feel, the act of reading them, etc... but the other part of me knows I should just worry about the knowledge, not the format. And e-books are cheaper, and searchable.

I think I know what's going on my Christmas list.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Becoming a Mexican citizen was a pretty good value. Paid about 500(About $26) pesos to get a "Acta de Nacimiento". Bought a house cash close to the beach. Property taxes are cheap. Cost of living is cheap.

Never would have been able to do that in California(Can't afford $400k).

Most 25 year olds spend all their money on cars, I decided to buy a house in another country. Will always have a place to stay even if i'm broke. :smile2: Never ever wanna spend my life in a merry go round of paychecks and bills.

0030187137326_500X500.jpg

Cerave cream is a geat value for me. I have a dry skin problem. $12 and has made my skin a lot healthier. Has worked better than any other prescription cream.

0007214003263_500X500.jpg

Aquaphor is pretty good in this dry cold weather.

Has saved me a lot of stress.

41VQqy%2BJuqL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

this book was a great value. Anything that expands understanding of ourselves and the world and relationship between the two is gold. Sometimes you gotta read non-business books to be better at business. Everyday I wake up I have these books by my bed like some hotels have bibles on the dressers:rofl:. These ideas will make you smarter for sure.

And of course MJ's books are a great value.:somber:

Last edited:

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I think in total I paid like $39.99 for this:

fHycLhq.png

It's a steam link. It connects any PC in my house to my TV where I can browse the internet, watch anything, play any games and in general just see and use my desktop as if i were in that room. Hands down the best piece of hardware I've ever purchased.

The best software I've ever purchased is "SendOwl", which is one of the most useful products I've ever found for my business. It helps me manage software license keys, publish new products, engage customers with transnational emails and a shit ton more for $24.99 a month.

The most life transforming purchase would be the one way ticket to New Mexico to break free from the script. ~ $220

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
349%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Ooooooh nice topic MJ.

I can't wait to get my teeth into this.

Okay besides 99% of books, things I have purchased that have given way more back than the £$ amount are as follows:

- Kindle
- Peanut (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JAF8H1O/?tag=tff07-21)
- Foam roller
- Theracane (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000PRMCJU/?tag=tff07-21)
- Laptop stand (so monitor height is eye level which ensures I look straight when working and don't hunch over.
- Used Herman Miller Aeron chair (new about £1k, I hustled one for £180) - What a difference having a comfy chair makes!! I actually want to stay seated and put in the hours, at least that is how I justified the expense, lol.
- Macbook Pro (uh, oh - please don't hurt me)
- Second monitor (Dell U2515h - for those that care. Purchased after I saw Biophase mention its usefulness.)
- White noise machine (for sleeping at night - drowns out sudden noise so your brain thinks it's silent all night)
- Lumie alarm clock (wakes you up with an imitation sunrise with no noise, instead of being woken by *BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP*)
- Tony Robbins UPW event (I know opinions vary, but it was life changing for me, no doubt, thank you so much @Kung Fu Steve - my man!).
- Nutribullet (get a days worth of veggies down your neck in under 10 seconds! - will invest in a vitamix when this packs in)
- Spotify
- Gym membership w/ sauna
- Dymo 4XL printer (How could I forget - would marry this machine if I could !!)
- Vitamins (multi, omega 3, magnesium, d3, methylated b complex)
- 23andme DNA analysis (Let's you check about the raw data of your genes and thus optimise diet, lifestyle, supplements etc around your genes!!)

Obviously I have no affiliation with any of the links, just used an example on more obscure items.

I'm sure I'm forgetting loads but I will update when they come to me!

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

I don't buy much stuff but honestly the most valuable ongoing purchase I make is for Spotify Premium.

Music is incredibly enriching to my life, and the fact that you can get unlimited access to streaming/downloading millions of the world's music...

for the cost of ONE nice meal per month?

The tradeoff is astounding. Still boggles my mind.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Jul 24, 2007
I was not able to find a contractor to build a road for me. I needed the road so I could split properties to sell.

After a couple years of talking to contractors, I decided to do it myself. Purchased a John Deere 310 backhoe for 40K. The golf course paid for it and stores it.

I saved about 200K on the cost of the road and still have the tractor.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
760%
Dec 6, 2016
71+OUmzV52L._SY355_.jpg

Sturdier 2 liter coke bottles. (the old one's would flex and make it hard to drink from straight, and specially made water bottles are either junk or too small)

Paid 99 cents for one on sale.

Poured the coke out. Refill daily with water and a shot or 2 of lemon juice.

The only thing I drink all day. 3 months caffeine free now.

Perfect for on the road.

Thanks coke! Good value!

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 9, 2017
stonington
I have never been a fan of personal trainers especially at my age 23. A couple years ago though I was introduced to a man who originally I just thought was an ex-marine. He told me he only trained with a few people a year specifically people that were looking to join the military.

I gave it a try and I could tell immediately this was something I've never experienced. The cost was $300 dollars a month to train 3 times a week. I found out over the course of a year he was an Ex Force Recon Marine. He also trained the first group of the Marsoc marines. I was able to train with him for little over a year became a huge mental mentor. From Working out to training different fighting styles. Even tactical thinking for business. The confidence boost from training with someone who looked everything a simply a problem they needed to overcome was priceless.

Still the best money I've ever spent. You can't put a price on mental confidence.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
This is a great thread.

As producers, we should be keeping our eye out for how to improve on products in this thread. Think of how easy it is to sell something with immense value --> a true productocracy.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Blowing mud out??? What have you been eating... dietary fibres and seeds???:rofl::rofl:

You remind me of my principal, who used to term it,'making cake'.

I didn't know shit could get that bad:shit:
You know healthy stools aren't supposed to be in lumpy mud form, right?

Shit aside, I used this for cleaning purposes in college:
41CAkzhUCPL._SY355_.jpg

Not that I have a baby to wipe, but it's a great hack for wiping tables, dirt and dust off floors and spring cleaning in ten minutes.

Surprisingly good time saver.

Great alternative to lugging around heavy vacuum cleaners or squeezing out washcloths with weariness.

Speaking of mud. Best $25 you will ever spend. I guarantee it!

5AEE75D2-6ECB-490A-AF64-FD9F97EE3F69.jpeg

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
May 30, 2017
Sodium bicarbonate

AKA: baking soda (whatever brand)

41GG7dRJLLL.jpg

My favorite use: a natural body deodorant

Seriously. Better than 99% of crap out there. Dirt cheap.

Mix with just a small amount of water to make a paste, rub it under armpits and let it dry. I wash it off after a few minutes as I have sensitive skin and gets irritated if I don't, but some people just leave it on the skin.

Don't take my word for it. Try it. Thank me later.

Sodium bicarbonate: an excellent deodorant by John Henderson Lamb, m.d.

Last edited:

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
Great thread. My ears perked up constantly whilst reading this now all of the sudden I have a big a$$ shopping list.

A few months ago I purchased an annual National Park pass for $80.
Before we started traveling I promised my boy I would take him to Mt. Rushmore. The hug and “thank you, Daddy” I got from him was rewarding beyond words.
Since then we visited the Badlands, Big Bend NP, White Sands National Monument, Grand Canyon and have countless more planned over the next six months. Tremendous value when you consider each NP is $25-$35 just for a one time visit.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
What is the best "value" you ever paid for?

Just curious to hear people's experiences.

For me, my foam roller was a great value. It cost around $20 bucks but helps relieve my back and neck of stress and pain. On bad days, rolling on this thing becomes the best $20 bucks I ever spent!

717E9lDfEaL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

What is the best $X you ever spent?

There is no limit ... if you spent $80K on a Corvette and felt is was the best value ever, then that's OK!

Let's hear it!
It was my eye surgery for cataracts. I haven't worn glasses since and I can see.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Actually, my MacBook Pro. I used to be a fervent opponent of anything Apple, but now that I own a MacBook Pro, my entire life has changed.

For the first time, I don't worry about stupid software problems, slow start-up speeds, etc.

It's F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C.

I don't think I could've been as prolific on this forum if it wasn't for my Mac. :smile2:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
495%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
One $500 plane ticket helped me secure a partnership with a billion-dollar tech company to flawlessly support some of my needs on a venture.

It's amazing who you can get in the room with you when you offer to show up at their headquarters to talk potentially tripling their business 2 days after initial contact.

CEO and a few VPs were there. Not only was it good value, it was fun. We are good friends now.

Last edited:

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
This frickin' phone case. Sturdiest, strongest case ever. 11.99. Nothing comes even close. Beats OtterBox by a mile.

To me, it's such a valuable product because I'm a "dropper." Yes, I drop my iPhone daily, sometimes twice (sometimes twice in a row when picking it up after the first drop!). Thanks to this case, being a "dropper" doesn't cost me 100s of dollars.

Attachments

• 61ufHfXtwuL._SL1000_.jpg
    61ufHfXtwuL._SL1000_.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 89

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
What is the best "value" you ever paid for?

Just curious to hear people's experiences.

For me, my foam roller was a great value. It cost around $20 bucks but helps relieve my back and neck of stress and pain. On bad days, rolling on this thing becomes the best $20 bucks I ever spent!

717E9lDfEaL._AC_SR201,266_.jpg

What is the best $X you ever spent?

There is no limit ... if you spent $80K on a Corvette and felt is was the best value ever, then that's OK!

Let's hear it!
Hard to beat the ROI of a great book (or even a good one)

Love the thrill of learning something new & impactful that I can put into practice in furtherance of my goals

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.