The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tips for offering services to businesses?

Marketing, social media, advertising

ErickMendez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jun 14, 2023
Asking people who do freelacning, what is a good way to pitch/offer a business a service (service as in anything from cleaning, coding etc). In my case im trying to pitch websites to businesses in my area, but usually when I offer them my services it doesn’t catch their attention. If anyone with experience has any tips or helpful advice I could use to potentially be more succesful in marketing my services, that would be extremely appreciated!

P.S Writing this at 3:00 AM, sorry in advance for any grammar errors or vague sentences!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Asking people who do freelacning, what is a good way to pitch/offer a business a service (service as in anything from cleaning, coding etc). In my case im trying to pitch websites to businesses in my area, but usually when I offer them my services it doesn’t catch their attention. If anyone with experience has any tips or helpful advice I could use to potentially be more succesful in marketing my services, that would be extremely appreciated!

P.S Writing this at 3:00 AM, sorry in advance for any grammar errors or vague sentences!
Have you built any sites or made any sales yet?

ErickMendez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jun 14, 2023
Have you built any sites or made any sales yet?
Yes, I’ve built 2 sites using HTML, CSS and a tiny bit of Javascript so far as practice. But currently I’ve made no success in making websites for actually businesses.

I’ll probably document this journey as I’m fairly new to freelancing.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Yes, I’ve built 2 sites using HTML, CSS and a tiny bit of Javascript so far as practice. But currently I’ve made no success in making websites for actually businesses.

I got a few businesses as customers for my cleaning business, when I was doing it actively.

What I would advise you to do are two things

1. Pick a few businesses with a bad website. Then make a great looking and working site for them plus a pdf guide to web hosting. Then you go there in person and show them the site and ask them if they would like to use it. If your site looks good and already has their branding they will probably say yes. Then just give the files and guide to them without charging money. Just ask if you can write in your portfolio that you did their website. This is to build yourself a reputation and to get into the rhythm of making client websites.

2. Get paid.
Run local ads, use the previous websites as a portfolio and especially ask your customers a few weeks later if they made more money because of your website. If you can say "with our websites our customers get 15% more customers on average" get clients will be very easy. It will also be easy to sell them on a $2997 website now.

Hope that gave you some inspiration.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Create a simple website for free in exchange for a testimonial.

I'd start this way:

Other tips:

ErickMendez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jun 14, 2023
thank you everyone who replied, your messages really helped!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Check out @Fox 's stuff too. He's helped loads of people get started selling websites.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.