I apologize for the length of this. Tl;DR at the bottom.
I can't seem to get all these YouTubers who are famous for ... what? I just don't know or can't get my head wrapped around it. Then again I don't know why the Kardashians are a thing either.
On top of it my daughter wants to become one. What's the attraction? Are these guys and gals the new Rock Stars? Is YouTube the new 'stage' of the 21st Century? And what really is their product. Game walkthroughs? Information? Merchandise? Yeah, maybe that's it, merchandise.
Right now I'm sitting around in one of my RUSH shirts. Earlier, at the insistence of my daughter (because she just had to have it), I bought a 'signed' t-shirt by a lesser know Tuber that my daughter likes. I get the RUSH shirt, I go to their concerts, I own all their albums and I love their music. It makes me feel good to wear this t-shirt. It brings back fond memories. This? This I can't understand.
LOL I just paid $20 plus shipping for some dude's sig on a t-shirt. I just can't seem to make the correlation between a signed pair of sticks from Neil Peart to this. So far I'm coming up empty.
One of the biggest YouTubers that she follows is Markiplier. I hear this guy takes down some serious coin in ad rev from all the subscribers he has. But this whole model violates, at the very least, the C in CENTS. Some are starting to merchandise and do tours. WTF? Tours?
Earlier this year she wanted to go to a 'thing' that another YouTuber was putting on while he was on 'tour'. His thing? Sitting on stage in his onesie PJ's doing God knows what. I was like uh, I think we'll pass. I'd rather take you to see The Vamps, or 5 Seconds of Summer. That I get.
I'm just flabbergasted by this phenomenon.
TL;DR - Why the heck are YouTubers famous?
I can't seem to get all these YouTubers who are famous for ... what? I just don't know or can't get my head wrapped around it. Then again I don't know why the Kardashians are a thing either.
On top of it my daughter wants to become one. What's the attraction? Are these guys and gals the new Rock Stars? Is YouTube the new 'stage' of the 21st Century? And what really is their product. Game walkthroughs? Information? Merchandise? Yeah, maybe that's it, merchandise.
Right now I'm sitting around in one of my RUSH shirts. Earlier, at the insistence of my daughter (because she just had to have it), I bought a 'signed' t-shirt by a lesser know Tuber that my daughter likes. I get the RUSH shirt, I go to their concerts, I own all their albums and I love their music. It makes me feel good to wear this t-shirt. It brings back fond memories. This? This I can't understand.
LOL I just paid $20 plus shipping for some dude's sig on a t-shirt. I just can't seem to make the correlation between a signed pair of sticks from Neil Peart to this. So far I'm coming up empty. One of the biggest YouTubers that she follows is Markiplier. I hear this guy takes down some serious coin in ad rev from all the subscribers he has. But this whole model violates, at the very least, the C in CENTS. Some are starting to merchandise and do tours. WTF? Tours?
Earlier this year she wanted to go to a 'thing' that another YouTuber was putting on while he was on 'tour'. His thing? Sitting on stage in his onesie PJ's doing God knows what. I was like uh, I think we'll pass. I'd rather take you to see The Vamps, or 5 Seconds of Summer. That I get.
I'm just flabbergasted by this phenomenon.
TL;DR - Why the heck are YouTubers famous?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
