The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You're not scripted but how about your family?

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
Hello all you Fastlaner's

I know it's been a while since I visited this forum, but I just recently started thinking of a question and wanted to know if anyone else has this problem. I've read/listened to TMF and Unscripted for quite some time and till this very day still believe the doctrines that it teaches. Yes I also believe that we've all been "brainwashed" on what we've been told: to go to school, get good grades so you can go to college, in turn borrowing money for the next 4-6 years so you can concentrate paying your school loans off in the next 40 to 60 years. In the meantime your supposed to invest in the stock market, say a 401k or an IRA, borrow from credit cards, car loans/leases and get a house because "it's a good investment". Only to find at the end of your life that you're not even close to paying off debt and becoming a millionaire is a pipe dream and to top it all off, you haven't left any wealth for your family because you believed in the scripted lie.

We all know that this kind of life is total bulls**t.

Now here's the question I'm having a problem with; even though that all of us know that we don't believe in this script, has anyone here had problems being on the same page with your husband/wife and kids about living Unscripted or TMF ?

Now just to let you know for starters, I'm a Christian (probably not a very good devout one, but a Christian nonetheless). My wife would like to listen to TMF but couldn't get through the whole book due to it's language. I read/listened to the books and managed to overlook the language personally. Now, having said that, I keep hearing my wife talk about how important school is to my two daughters so they can get into a good college and get a career (script). Additionally, my wife has an MBA (Masters in Business) that is in the moment trying to get an online business off the ground which is currently at a standstill for quite a long time now. Even though I understand the language of TMF and Unscripted how can I relay that information to my family without sounding like an idiot?

Has anyone else have this problem? I would like to hear how you solved this dilemma or if you haven't solved this at all. I'm all open ears and I'll be waiting for your feedback.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Never advise when you are struggling, if your family will not take your advice you are probs not respected enough in their eyes.

If you pull up in to your brothers/sisters/cousins etc house with a flashy car or even with news of buying your home , they will quickly begin to aks questions.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Never advise when you are struggling, if your family will not take your advice you are probs not respected enough in their eyes.

If you pull up in to your brothers/sisters/cousins etc house with a flashy car or even with news of buying your home , they will quickly begin to aks questions.
^This! You have to prove to them that your way works.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.