The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your Typical 20yo College Dropout

JJH

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 13, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello all, I'm Jeremiah from Southwestern PA. I read TMF about a month ago and began lurking around the forums before just making an account today. Needless to say, before I came back and made the account, I already left behind much of what I learned from the book. Something compelled me to pick it back up and review some chapters and I got thinking about this journey again.

A little preview; much like @Matt Lee, who just posted his introduction, I dropped out of college last fall after one year of indoctrination. This was due to some serious depression, or what I thought was depression. Since then I worked at a manufacturing job that I despised and I now work at home for a family member. The job I work now is better, but still has me deep into the Slowlane.

I have no truly developed skills, nor do I know where to really start. I feel unsupported by my family and don't even mention anything like this to my friends. I have been contemplating moving out of state and renting a place just to force myself to become self-sufficient and teach myself what it will take to survive without mommy and daddy's help.

I'm glad to be here and am excited to learn from all of you on this path.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bray

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 30, 2022
Utah
Hello all, I'm Jeremiah from Southwestern PA. I read TMF about a month ago and began lurking around the forums before just making an account today. Needless to say, before I came back and made the account, I already left behind much of what I learned from the book. Something compelled me to pick it back up and review some chapters and I got thinking about this journey again.

A little preview; much like @Matt Lee, who just posted his introduction, I dropped out of college last fall after one year of indoctrination. This was due to some serious depression, or what I thought was depression. Since then I worked at a manufacturing job that I despised and I now work at home for a family member. The job I work now is better, but still has me deep into the Slowlane.

I have no truly developed skills, nor do I know where to really start. I feel unsupported by my family and don't even mention anything like this to my friends. I have been contemplating moving out of state and renting a place just to force myself to become self-sufficient and teach myself what it will take to survive without mommy and daddy's help.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ

Welcome you're at the right place to show you the way, and get tons of advice, encouragement and insight into 'slowly' moving away out of the slowlane. Just the fact that you are here and you are aware that change needs to happen is a good FIRST STEP!

ALSO - relax, take a deep breath and make a plan to move forward.

READ part of my story here: 15 YEARS since leaving slowlane !!

AND HERE:

Actionable Steps from a Fastlane Millionaire

Good luck and catch you on your journey!!

Last edited:

JJH

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 13, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks for the encouragement, @fastlane_dad !

I was doing some lurking earlier this morning and was reading some of your story. Congrats on your 8-figure exit last year!

ALSO - relax, take a deep breath and make a plan to move forward.
This is something I'm still working on. Keeping my cool and trying to devise plans. I know I'll get there, though.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Easiest way to start getting out of the slowlane is to start making money for yourself and getting your "business" cherry popped.

Then spend the rest of your time improving the other important areas of your life: fitness, style, dating, adventure, eg. look cool and do cool shit.

There is no depression there is just feeling bad about your life and it being a sign you should do something to fix your boredom and self esteem.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022

Learn to sell products

Find a product taht You can start selling door to door, please don't fall in Network Marketing schenes tho.

Selling door to door will put You in the trences, You wil improve quicly talking to 100 - 150 people a day.

Read anything You can abouyt selling and business.

Meanwhile, start learning a skill and oin a mastermind to eccellerate Your progress.

Hope that helps,

Davide.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...