Dark Water
Software Builder
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
- Joined
- Mar 25, 2014
- Messages
- 1,838
Rep Bank
$4,619
$4,619
User Power: 275%
So, I am currently working a job which has me 4 days of the week, leaving me Wednesdays and weekends off.
My thought is to rent a shared coworking space as part of a table. Show up there, 2-3 days a week. My research has led me to believe coworking spaces range from $250-$350 a month in my city (Boston).
Boston/Cambridge has a high concentration of start ups and like-minded individuals. My goal is to remove myself from the self-distractions available at home and really bunker down on my days off to focus. Its more or less getting out of my comfort zone. I think being around others that are working towards similar goals will be much better - the social aspect, being focused, committing myself - "hey now I'm spending $300 a month on this space so I can focus, I better make damn good use of it".
My goal is not to limit expenses - its to put myself in a better environment to expand income. If I need to spend some more to get there, then so be it - so I don't want to revolve this around cost.
So, does anyone have any experience in this area? Is it no different than merely going to a Starbucks or Barnes and Noble and working on the laptop? I also have to factor in a round trip commute into the city which would be about 1 hour total and $15 total per day.
My thought is to rent a shared coworking space as part of a table. Show up there, 2-3 days a week. My research has led me to believe coworking spaces range from $250-$350 a month in my city (Boston).
Boston/Cambridge has a high concentration of start ups and like-minded individuals. My goal is to remove myself from the self-distractions available at home and really bunker down on my days off to focus. Its more or less getting out of my comfort zone. I think being around others that are working towards similar goals will be much better - the social aspect, being focused, committing myself - "hey now I'm spending $300 a month on this space so I can focus, I better make damn good use of it".
My goal is not to limit expenses - its to put myself in a better environment to expand income. If I need to spend some more to get there, then so be it - so I don't want to revolve this around cost.
So, does anyone have any experience in this area? Is it no different than merely going to a Starbucks or Barnes and Noble and working on the laptop? I also have to factor in a round trip commute into the city which would be about 1 hour total and $15 total per day.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
