arman.london
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jun 17, 2013
- Messages
- 19
Rep Bank
$95
$95
User Power: 32%
Dear Fastlaners,
I would very much appreciate your feedbacks:
Think of Gumtree for a second.
It has multiple fields of activity (it is Not branded as a Specialist in any of those sectors).
For its REAL-ESTATE sector, it accommodates listings from (private owners, estate agents, and even those “looking†for specific properties), and it covers all branches of real-estate, be it residential, commercial, industrial, etc.
Then, in terms of their charges in the property section, it’s free for the first 2 ads you post within 12 months, and if you are an agent you can post multiple properties if you buy a monthly subscription of only £49/m. Then if you want to “bump-up†your ad or make it “featured†you can pay extra £4 or £5 for either of those.
The problem with Gumtree, in my view, is its “average search engine†and an image that is just doesn't convey specialism or professionalism.
Now its Automotive section is also the same...it homes all sellers, all types of cars, and all for very cheap fees… but with an average engine, and a not so specialised site! Hence why a brand like AUTO-TRADER is thriving in the market over Gumtree…and it’s charging quite a lot for its well-known website!
Would YOU advise me to make a brand in Real-Estate sector, just as AutoTrader does in automotive sector?
If you think “well, if AutoTrader does it for autos, then you should be able to do it for properties too†let me add a few complications:
- AutoTrader was already well-established before Gumtree in the UK…but I’m a little-budget new-comer! How am I going to go Optimise myself on Searches?!
- Then there is another HUGE PLC competitor in the market called RightMove.co.uk - but it Only works with “estate agents†and not Private dudes. Again, what am I going to do about this big brand with 12.5million searchers on it every 30days!!!
All in all, maybe I’m not adding much of a value with my idea… and I’m going against brands who are separately doing what I want to do in 1 package!
I am in need of advice BIG TIME!
Thank you so much for reading. Look forward to hearing back
I would very much appreciate your feedbacks:
Think of Gumtree for a second.
It has multiple fields of activity (it is Not branded as a Specialist in any of those sectors).
For its REAL-ESTATE sector, it accommodates listings from (private owners, estate agents, and even those “looking†for specific properties), and it covers all branches of real-estate, be it residential, commercial, industrial, etc.
Then, in terms of their charges in the property section, it’s free for the first 2 ads you post within 12 months, and if you are an agent you can post multiple properties if you buy a monthly subscription of only £49/m. Then if you want to “bump-up†your ad or make it “featured†you can pay extra £4 or £5 for either of those.
The problem with Gumtree, in my view, is its “average search engine†and an image that is just doesn't convey specialism or professionalism.
Now its Automotive section is also the same...it homes all sellers, all types of cars, and all for very cheap fees… but with an average engine, and a not so specialised site! Hence why a brand like AUTO-TRADER is thriving in the market over Gumtree…and it’s charging quite a lot for its well-known website!
Would YOU advise me to make a brand in Real-Estate sector, just as AutoTrader does in automotive sector?
If you think “well, if AutoTrader does it for autos, then you should be able to do it for properties too†let me add a few complications:
- AutoTrader was already well-established before Gumtree in the UK…but I’m a little-budget new-comer! How am I going to go Optimise myself on Searches?!
- Then there is another HUGE PLC competitor in the market called RightMove.co.uk - but it Only works with “estate agents†and not Private dudes. Again, what am I going to do about this big brand with 12.5million searchers on it every 30days!!!
All in all, maybe I’m not adding much of a value with my idea… and I’m going against brands who are separately doing what I want to do in 1 package!
I am in need of advice BIG TIME!
Thank you so much for reading. Look forward to hearing back
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
