The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your opinion about Facebook

paul.waker

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jul 4, 2018
Ukraine, Lviv
It seems like many of people don`t like facebook and don`t want to use one, what do you don`t like in this platform, what would you like to change, what do you want to see in Facebook but you don`t?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I used to be on that thing 24/7. I would just constantly scroll through the newsfeed for hours on end neglecting my studies. After a while, I would think to myself, "What on earth am I doing with my life?" Haven't been on there in a year and have become far more productive in better areas of my life.

I still use Facebook Messenger though to keep in contact with friends from other states and countries.

I remember reading the chapter, "My life should look better on Facebook" in Dr. Meg Jay's The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter, where it talks about how Facebook gives a sense of FOMO(Fear Of Missing Out). People would scroll through Facebook and wonder, "People's lives are better than mine. Why can't my life be like that?" People in their twenties and teenagers tend to get depressed and isolated. In fact, this upcoming generation is going to be the loneliest one.

I'm not trying to completely bash Facebook. After reading, The Accidental Billionaires, it's a fascinating story about how this unintentional idea spread around to become a global phenomenon. Yes, Zuckerberg got sued by the Winklevoss Twins and his friends but it doesn't negate the fact that Facebook really is unprecedented. They're trying to provide some value by connecting people. Unfortunately there are unforeseen consequences.

paul.waker

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jul 4, 2018
Ukraine, Lviv
Thank you so much for your honest answer, I understand, but what about you know that only idea without realization is nothing. He know how to make business in long term, like Amazon, Google

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

paul.waker

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jul 4, 2018
Ukraine, Lviv
thank so muh, I`m stupid I read this thread two weeks ago, sorry

Last edited:

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Facebook is the closest thing we currently have to The Matrix. Everyone plugged in, supposedly for "free" or their benefit, but actually getting surreptitiously monetized.

That thing, along with Instagram etc, does no one any good. It causes massive exacerbation of the power law. Whereas in the old days you could only get local attention, geography setting natural limits (and then broadcasting capital costs), now any one person can get attention from millions of people -- and by extension, those millions of people get none.

There will have to be a reaction against it and the excesses of the internet generally, because it's just becoming toxic. It's damaging people's abilities to form real relationships.

That said, money is money. If you can made a killing with facebook ads, selling something to all those lonely isolated people who just want to spend their cubical money on a bit of desperation-alleviation, go ahead. Business first, charity second. It's not your fault they're plugged in.

paul.waker

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jul 4, 2018
Ukraine, Lviv
Thank you as for me it couldn't die in one day it could be a process of 5 years or more because of 2.23 million active user per month if statistic doesn`t lie ok, but something better and more innovative must appear to kill Facebook

paul.waker

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jul 4, 2018
Ukraine, Lviv
Thank you for your answer, I agree with your position, would you like to use social media if yes, how would you like to see them

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zimbizee

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 11, 2017
uk
Social media - A face to face human interaction killer. Fake friends, fomo, keeping up with the joneses etc. Fake news, selfie central, pointless updates (like i really want to know what you ate for breakfast, lunch & dinner today) Who fricking cares.

I could write a wall of text about this. Needless to say i'm not on it and have never been.

paul.waker

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jul 4, 2018
Ukraine, Lviv
How would you like to communicate with other people's, what would you like to see, hear, know about other people you are communicating with or what way to communicate do you prefer?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.