The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your favorite short business book (under 100 pages)

brute77

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 13, 2012
Sometimes a short read has more impact than a 400 page book and I have come across a few such books in my life. This is my first post on this forum, hoping to make a few friends in the fastlane..

My favorite short business books have to be ...

1. Lucky or Smart - Bo Peobody (excellent read..)
2. The Max strategy - Dale Dauten (Thought provoking insight)
3. Skill with people - Les Giblin (Must read)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
Felix Dennis - 88
It's very short- (it has morepages, but half are blank - for your own notes, and a lof of those pages are only half filled).
Haven't finished it. I just read a page now and again. Has some good distilled info

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
Og Mandino - The Greatest Salesman in the World

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Greatest Salesman, for those unfamiliar, is basically brute-force brainwashing yourself into positive results/habits.

It has a short introduction and then has 10 chapters or "scrolls" with a new lesson for success on each chapter. You are supposed to read the first scroll three times a day for a month before moving onto scroll 2, etc... The book takes 10 months to read if you follow directions.

He wrote it way back when for insurance salesmen, if I recall, and it became an instant hit and hasn't lost momentum since.

I've used the audio book on my way to/from work at a REALLY painful job (cold calling, low pay, bad work environment) and it really, really improved my mood and attitude while I was using it. It DOES work, regardless of the extremely cheesy content.

It is basically the same technique that Napoleon Hill suggests for auto-suggestion, except the words are given to you rather than setting your own goals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
I've used the audio book on my way to/from work at a REALLY painful job (cold calling, low pay, bad work environment) and it really, really improved my mood and attitude while I was using it. It DOES work, regardless of the extremely cheesy content.

Ha, I read it every morning eating breakfast before selling door-to-door.

“I will live this day as if it is my last. …I will waste not a moment mourning yesterday’s misfortunes, Yesterday’s defeats, yesterday’s aches of the heart, for why should I throw good after bad?”
I will live this day as if it is my last. This day is all I have and these hours are now my eternity. I greet this sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who is reprieved from death. I lift mine arms with thanks for this priceless gift of a new day. So too, I will beat upon my heart with gratitude as I consider all who greeted yesterday’s sunrise who are no longer with the living today. I am indeed a fortunate man and today’s hours are but a bonus, undeserved. Why have I been allowed to live this extra day when others, far better than I, have departed? Is it that they have accomplished their purpose while mine is yet to be achieved? Is this another opportunity for me to become the man I know I can be?”

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.