The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Young Social Media Influencers Make 60k Profit per Month

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

GuitarDude

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 28, 2024
I'm constantly seeing YouTube and Instagram videos featuring young entrepreneurs who claim they're making 60k or more a month through dropshipping and e-commerce. People like Sebastian Esqueda, Sebastian Ghiorghiu, Biaheza, and others featured on their channels.

It's tempting to try and copy their success. The risk is losing a few hundred dollars on ads and the upside is huge.

Does the classic dropshipping or e-commerce model of buying cheap products from Alibaba or Aliexpress and selling them on my website, Amazon, and TikTok shop work, or is it nonsense? I tend to believe it is nonsense, but if it works and these guys are making that kind of money, I feel I could also.

What are your thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I'm constantly seeing YouTube and Instagram videos featuring young entrepreneurs who claim they're making 60k or more a month through dropshipping and e-commerce. People like Sebastian Esqueda, Sebastian Ghiorghiu, Biaheza, and others featured on their channels.

It's tempting to try and copy their success. The risk is losing a few hundred dollars on ads and the upside is huge.

Does the classic dropshipping or e-commerce model of buying cheap products from Alibaba or Aliexpress and selling them on my website, Amazon, and TikTok shop work, or is it nonsense? I tend to believe it is nonsense, but if it works and these guys are making that kind of money, I feel I could also.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts:
Control, Entry, Need, Time, and Scale
1. The less control over the business you have the better.
2. The easier to enter, like drop shipping - the more likely you are to succeed and hit it big.
3. The less need there is because higher the profits when you make a sale.
4. The more time you spend personally on a business, the more money you'll make. Don't stop now.
5. If you can scale it, it's just not worth it.

Yeah, all of these ideas you listed are perfectly alined with CENTS the way I described them above. You've read all 3 books, so you already know this to be true. Go for it.

Report back as soon as you make your first $1 million drop shipping!

:rolleyes:

Seriously... read the books again. Stop looking for easy, there is no such thing. And start thinking like an entrepreneur not a money chaser. That means solving real problems, for real people, providing value to others!

P.S. E-commerce is large enough and here to stay, if you eliminate the money chasing drop shipping nonsense, there is real money there for those who provide real value to someone else to agree to part with their money in exchange for your unique and useful product.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022

What are your thoughts?
Anything can "still work."

The question is how long will it take you - and how much will it cost you - to become profitable. Imo, drop shipping tends to attract 1 of 3 types of people.

A) The "I'm lazy af and don't want to actually work" crowd (they're almost never profitable)
B) Gurus who sell drop shipping (they make money off of you, not drop shipping)
C) The .001% of people who legitimately make 10k++++/mo. These people aren't going to "hand over their secrets," however, so... back to my original question:

"How long will it take you - and how much will it cost you - to become profitable."

Simply put, if you have any type of work ethic whatsoever, pick a different avenue. You'll be profitable exponentially faster via (almost) any other business, and it won't cost you nearly as much to get started. But yes, it does require actual work.

Cheers.

Last edited:

yerushalaim

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 5, 2024

What are your thoughts?
Glad that found the thread about it that is not 1year+ old, btw how long are you already on the forum? Have you ever met here anyone who really makes sufficient amount of money on dropshipping?

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023

What are your thoughts?

Reminds me of a quote from an old but lovely movie, Rocky :

• Adrian: Why do you wanna fight?
  • Rocky: Because I can't sing or dance.

yerushalaim

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 5, 2024
My thoughts:
Control, Entry, Need, Time, and Scale
1. The less control over the business you have the better.
2. The easier to enter, like drop shipping - the more likely you are to succeed and hit it big.
3. The less need there is because higher the profits when you make a sale.
4. The more time you spend personally on a business, the more money you'll make. Don't stop now.
5. If you can scale it, it's just not worth it.

Yeah, all of these ideas you listed are perfectly alined with CENTS the way I described them above. You've read all 3 books, so you already know this to be true. Go for it.

Report back as soon as you make your first $1 million drop shipping!

:rolleyes:

Seriously... read the books again. Stop looking for easy, there is no such thing. And start thinking like an entrepreneur not a money chaser. That means solving real problems, for real people, providing value to others!

P.S. E-commerce is large enough and here to stay, if you eliminate the money chasing drop shipping nonsense, there is real money there for those who provide real value to someone else to agree to part with their money in exchange for your unique and useful product.
Don’t you think that it is possible to provide real value to people through droppshipping?

artz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Oct 24, 2022
How can you have this kind of mindset after reading all of MJ's books? Stop chasing money and help people, come on, it's not difficult... there are plenty of real problems out there to be solved, help people.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

What are your thoughts?
We need to exercise our common sense judgement.

If I make 60k a month I have no time/interest selling courses online.

E-commerce is a legit business that has produced many millionaires. You can find them on this forum too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.