The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Young,broke

young rebel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2019
Pardon on my English
Hello entrepreneurs
First I am thankful for MJ for writing unscripted a wonderfully written books that opened my eyes to a new direction.

A little about myself I am a 17 year old from india born and bought up in a Lower middle-class family both of my parents ar have 9-5 jobs and I don't have a single penny to my name .I always knew that there is something wrong with what I have been told to do .

my parents like any other asked me to study well and get good grades but after reading MJ,s book I know that it is not the right path now .but in order to escape the 9-5 trap I need to prove my parents that they are wrong.

So first I need to make some money to prove them that they are wrong and I just want to get started.

Hope you guys can help me.

Sent from my Redmi Y1 Lite using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
Don't focus so much on proving your parents wrong! You will waste a lot energy doing this! "Showing" your parents can be a motivator, but shouldn't be your primary one Unless you are already good at recognizing business opportunities and have access to money, you may need to get a 9-5 job while you build a business in the evenings. Focus on being successful. Let proving your parents wrong be the result of your success.

JG17

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Oct 22, 2018
London, UK
Live for yourself, for your own purpose, your own goals and your own decisions. Not your parents and their opinions. Of course, family is a priority but they aren't living your life, you are.

That aside, you're only 17. Not having a penny to your name is normal at 17. You might not have money but you have the mindset, and that is a headstart in itself. When I was 17 I was working in a supermarket but had no savings and was putting all my energy into fulfilling this idea of the life I should live i.e. good grades, good job in London, wide circle of friends etc. It was all BS and it took me three years to realise.

My advice is to get a remote job while you learn new skills. Companies like Appen offer web search/social media evaluation jobs that are easy you can do on your own schedule. You'll be able to multi-task working on a side hustle while earning some cash. To be honest India isn't great for earnings as you probably know. In my previous job the company had an office in Mumbai and I was shocked to hear what their salaries were compared to how hard they worked and how talented they were. Your English is very good and that is a skill that can take you anywhere, don't forget that.

young rebel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2019
Thank you for replying
Yeah!in India the payment is very low that's why it have become an outsourcing destination for many years.but it can be used to to ur advantage when u r
Exporting products from india or getting
paid in dollars for ur freelancing work.

I am trying to get fund to finance my business idea which approximately cost me like 1000dollars

Wish me luck.

Sent from my Redmi Y1 Lite using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...