• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Yahoo Answers

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by MJ DeMarco, Aug 23, 2007.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $386,633
    Admin Post
    Any use this site? I went there today just to see the quality of the questions and the answers thinking maybe it be a good place to promote this site, the unfinished book etc.

I was really shocked to see so much stupidity.

Dumb questions galore. How to write a cover letter? Did I win $50,000? What to wear on my interview? Are these people serious or did I not find the intelligent questions section?

2 people like this.
  2. Inphinity

Inphinity Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $155
    There are a lot of stupid questions there - similarly, there are a lot of stupid people in this world. But, there are also some very, very good questions and some incredibly detailed and complex answers. So, it's a mixed bag but unfortunately dominated by .. hmm shall we say a lack of common sense :)

1 person likes this.
  3. ProInvestor

ProInvestor New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $65
    Google Answers were the first 'Answer' site and it was highly regarded (it had a monetary component which kept quality high IMO), Yahoo! launched Yahoo Answers (always free) and that was always seen as the more stupido cousin.... Then Google shut down their answer service (as it was never going to be a big revenue earner and search could do a better job).

The previous 'experts' at Google Answers moved to Uclue - http://uclue.com/

Yahoo!Answers have always seemed to have had a more immature audience, so that is what you are finding, however as Inphinity suggested there are some good, indepth answers.

1 person likes this.
  4. MrDoctor

MrDoctor New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Do you really want to attract those types of, for lack of a better word, morons to your web site :boxing_smiley:? I'm generalizing, so don't take it too seriously. Not every person whom surfs the internet is an idiot. They may be stupid questions, but as someone provides the answer, that stupid question will never be asked again (by that stupid person.) :hurray:

The internet is a learning resource and I am thankful for it. I have googled "elementary" questions many times. Thankfully, because of the internet, I did not have to ask :thankyousign:.

It all depends on what type of people you want here and how you are going to "market" your web site.

Do I use the site? No. Have I used it? Yes. Oddly, it came in handy for learning how to convert ppt files to a iso file.

5. ToddW

ToddW New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $35
    *SEO NOTE*
    I've noticed sites linked from Yahoo Answers rank well in Yahoo but not other search engines. I've also noticed that their ranking life in yahoo is short lived.

6. speedpro50

speedpro50 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Yahoo Answers themselves rank very well in Google however.

7. ToddW

ToddW New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $35
    Yeah, which could be good or bad depending how well your site ranks. You don't want yahoo answers to out-rank you for your own terms/site on Google.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.