The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Yahoo Answers

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Any use this site? I went there today just to see the quality of the questions and the answers thinking maybe it be a good place to promote this site, the unfinished book etc.

I was really shocked to see so much stupidity.

Dumb questions galore. How to write a cover letter? Did I win $50,000? What to wear on my interview? Are these people serious or did I not find the intelligent questions section?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
There are a lot of stupid questions there - similarly, there are a lot of stupid people in this world. But, there are also some very, very good questions and some incredibly detailed and complex answers. So, it's a mixed bag but unfortunately dominated by .. hmm shall we say a lack of common sense :)

ProInvestor

New Contributor
Aug 15, 2007
Australia
Google Answers were the first 'Answer' site and it was highly regarded (it had a monetary component which kept quality high IMO), Yahoo! launched Yahoo Answers (always free) and that was always seen as the more stupido cousin.... Then Google shut down their answer service (as it was never going to be a big revenue earner and search could do a better job).

The previous 'experts' at Google Answers moved to Uclue - http://uclue.com/

Yahoo!Answers have always seemed to have had a more immature audience, so that is what you are finding, however as Inphinity suggested there are some good, indepth answers.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
Aug 13, 2007
Do you really want to attract those types of, for lack of a better word, morons to your web site :boxing_smiley:? I'm generalizing, so don't take it too seriously. Not every person whom surfs the internet is an idiot. They may be stupid questions, but as someone provides the answer, that stupid question will never be asked again (by that stupid person.) :hurray:

The internet is a learning resource and I am thankful for it. I have googled "elementary" questions many times. Thankfully, because of the internet, I did not have to ask :thankyousign:.

It all depends on what type of people you want here and how you are going to "market" your web site.

Do I use the site? No. Have I used it? Yes. Oddly, it came in handy for learning how to convert ppt files to a iso file.

ToddW

New Contributor
Sep 4, 2007
California
Any use this site? I went there today just to see the quality of the questions and the answers thinking maybe it be a good place to promote this site, the unfinished book etc.

I was really shocked to see so much stupidity.

Dumb questions galore. How to write a cover letter? Did I win $50,000? What to wear on my interview? Are these people serious or did I not find the intelligent questions section?
*SEO NOTE*
I've noticed sites linked from Yahoo Answers rank well in Yahoo but not other search engines. I've also noticed that their ranking life in yahoo is short lived.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom