The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Yahoo Answers

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any use this site? I went there today just to see the quality of the questions and the answers thinking maybe it be a good place to promote this site, the unfinished book etc.

I was really shocked to see so much stupidity.

Dumb questions galore. How to write a cover letter? Did I win $50,000? What to wear on my interview? Are these people serious or did I not find the intelligent questions section?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
There are a lot of stupid questions there - similarly, there are a lot of stupid people in this world. But, there are also some very, very good questions and some incredibly detailed and complex answers. So, it's a mixed bag but unfortunately dominated by .. hmm shall we say a lack of common sense :)

ProInvestor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 15, 2007
Australia
Google Answers were the first 'Answer' site and it was highly regarded (it had a monetary component which kept quality high IMO), Yahoo! launched Yahoo Answers (always free) and that was always seen as the more stupido cousin.... Then Google shut down their answer service (as it was never going to be a big revenue earner and search could do a better job).

The previous 'experts' at Google Answers moved to Uclue - http://uclue.com/

Yahoo!Answers have always seemed to have had a more immature audience, so that is what you are finding, however as Inphinity suggested there are some good, indepth answers.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
Do you really want to attract those types of, for lack of a better word, morons to your web site :boxing_smiley:? I'm generalizing, so don't take it too seriously. Not every person whom surfs the internet is an idiot. They may be stupid questions, but as someone provides the answer, that stupid question will never be asked again (by that stupid person.) :hurray:

The internet is a learning resource and I am thankful for it. I have googled "elementary" questions many times. Thankfully, because of the internet, I did not have to ask :thankyousign:.

It all depends on what type of people you want here and how you are going to "market" your web site.

Do I use the site? No. Have I used it? Yes. Oddly, it came in handy for learning how to convert ppt files to a iso file.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ToddW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 4, 2007
California
Any use this site? I went there today just to see the quality of the questions and the answers thinking maybe it be a good place to promote this site, the unfinished book etc.

I was really shocked to see so much stupidity.

Dumb questions galore. How to write a cover letter? Did I win $50,000? What to wear on my interview? Are these people serious or did I not find the intelligent questions section?

*SEO NOTE*
I've noticed sites linked from Yahoo Answers rank well in Yahoo but not other search engines. I've also noticed that their ranking life in yahoo is short lived.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.