The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

www.lamboforums.com BETA

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
Another one of my hobby projects launched a couple of days ago. Fastlane is the first ounce of exposure for this project aside from a TAZ intro.

http://www.lamboforums.com

Would love to have and would appreciate member presence from lambo enthusiasts here at fastlane. I know many of you are owners and enthusiasts yourselves.

The current rankings are decent, the domain is pretty organic for "lambo forums" searches.

Just a matter of time until it grows..Looking for mod's too, Shoot me a pm if you have any interest. Maybe the guy on this forum with the arancio murcie could make a mod debut sometime. lol jk

p.s. Still new to the vb world. I am still playing around with it so shout out anything weird you might notice.

Thanks again fastlane. Glad to share another hobby project with you all.:cheers:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
Cool, how bout a skin or two?

Yup. Trying to tinker around with it myself before I outsource any changes. Have any of you enthusiasts ever socialized on the old lamboforums.com? How was it? Just curious as this domain has a couple backlinks on several sites prior to my ownership.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You definitely need a skin and also some sort of draw. I belong to 2 Lambo forums and the market seems saturated. Its very difficult for me to contribute to these forums as it is, let alone my own.

Also, LP (LamboPower.com) is a very tight knit community featuring an iconoclast admin -- its hard to compete with that.

Nonetheless, I wish you luck and will check in from time to time.

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
You definitely need a skin and also some sort of draw. I belong to 2 Lambo forums and the market seems saturated. Its very difficult for me to contribute to these forums as it is, let alone my own.

Also, LP (LamboPower.com) is a very tight knit community featuring an iconoclast admin -- its hard to compete with that.

Nonetheless, I wish you luck and will check in from time to time.

Definitely, I am/was a member of LP and yep allan's personality makes the forum what it is. I actually found this forum through there.

With all that being said,i will make sure lamboforums will become a presence in due time.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Yup. Trying to tinker around with it myself before I outsource any changes. Have any of you enthusiasts ever socialized on the old lamboforums.com? How was it? Just curious as this domain has a couple backlinks on several sites previous to my ownership.

Outsource? You can buy skins from various places and just upload them. Usually the skin designer will offer support. Or I should say, only buy from those that do. If you have any issues getting it installed they will help you.

It doesn't have to be perfect either, as you can make some customizations with a little html and css knowledge. Between vbulletin.com and .org, you should be able to find all the help you need. I would also add that I recommend you doing mods yourself to get familiar with the software.

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
Outsource? You can buy skins from various places and just upload them. Usually the skin designer will offer support. Or I should say, only buy from those that do. If you have any issues getting it installed they will help you.

It doesn't have to be perfect either, as you can make some customizations with a little html and css knowledge. Between vbulletin.com and .org, you should be able to find all the help you need. I would also add that I recommend you doing mods yourself to get familiar with the software.

Not just for skins, but for more advanced optimization in terms of seo work and setup for advertising etc. I am not really that saavy in css/htm,l but am learning it little by little. Having been up for only a couple days, I already received a couple emails from different aftermarket companies and dealerships regarding advertising inquiries. So I want to try be as "site friendly" as possible in all regards asap.
We will see. I have a couple accounts set up with Tom as he also is heading my other projects. I might just go with him,but if anyone can personally recommend more options, I would appreciate it.

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
You should watch for upcoming new car models, and launch dedicated forums for the car is released. Do this for 10 or so cars, and I'd be willing to bet money that at least 1 will become a dominant forum for that car (assuming you know how to drive traffic to them.)

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
Re: www.lamboforums.com

You should watch for upcoming new car models, and launch dedicated forums for the car is released. Do this for 10 or so cars, and I'd be willing to bet money that at least 1 will become a dominant forum for that car (assuming you know how to drive traffic to them.)

yupp

LF skinned! Fastlane lambo enthusiasts don''t be shy.

http://www.lamboforums.com

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I like it! Actually I like it A LOT (drools)... I wanted a really clean sharp skin for my health board, but everyone voted against it and I couldn't deny my style preference really didn't flow with my content. All I heard was, "make it homey feeling"! Argg.

Whoever did the header and footer did a great job. I see you liked vbskinworks lol.

One thing right off the bat though...I know you may still be working on it and stuff, but unlock the forums, or at least get rid of the status icon that has a padlock in front of the speedo. Why? When users first show up, first thought is oh, I can't look around without signing up.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Hey, get some lambo blogs or news articles rss addresses and subscribe to a user on your forum. Should generate some topics about the new model and stay current with issues. May have to post moderate them though! Just a thought!

edit: I had this in the wrong thread.

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
Hey, get some lambo blogs or news articles rss addresses and subscribe to a user on your forum. Should generate some topics about the new model and stay current with issues. May have to post moderate them though! Just a thought!

Also trying to play around with more media driven mods.

1.How do you guys feel about video feeds strictly lambs?

2.Would you all like to see features to play basic games (tetris etc..) or even listen to music while you troll through forums? Or would you feel this is a distraction to the nature of the forum?

3. Member driven photo galleries?

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
No games.

#3, yes.

Who can argue with vid feeds. Now, not hour long episodes of top gear lol, but good exerpts yeah! Hmm...idea. If you had to, you could create unique vid compilations via camtasia to use for backlinks from the vid sharing sites.

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
No games.

#3, yes.

Who can argue with vid feeds. Now, not hour long episodes of top gear lol, but good exerpts yeah! Hmm...idea. If you had to, you could create unique vid compilations via camtasia to use for backlinks from the vid sharing sites.

Will check camtasia out. thanks.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Nice job! Looks much better than the last time I checked in. Content cotent content....write write write. Only suggestion I can give you now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.