The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF, didn't I write about this?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Some Trump U. students say they felt cheated

Reads like it's straight out of my book...

NEW YORK (AP) — Bob Guillo spent almost $35,000 hoping to learn some of Donald Trump's real estate secrets. Instead, he says, he left the sessions of Trump University cash-poor, with little more than a photo of himself next to a life-size cardboard cutout of the mogul, who never even showed up.
"They told everybody to get their credit card limits raised to buy real estate, but the true purpose was to pay $35,000 for the next bunch of seminars," said Guillo, of Manhasset, on Long Island.
Nora Hanna dished out about $17,000 for the Trump University program, concluding after just a few days that "what I learned there, I could read on the Internet."

Just because Trump, Kiyosaki, or [enter any guru here] has their name attached to it, doesn't mean they don't want your money. They're rich for a reason.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Armondo Montelongo from flip this house. The idiot, said he did 70 million last year with this same model, hopefully the other AG's catch on to this scam and shut them all down.

Cute story, I had a girl apply a while back that worked at his call center, The rule was you are not allowed to look at him and you will get fired if you talk to him.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Is this for real??? How could anyone spend that much on a course? What do they plan on learning that isn't in his biography?????

How many deals were closed by the students after they took the course? Compared to your average house flipper's education

I bet its less! I bet a loser who would take that course, who doesnt have the street smarts to know a good investment from a bad one SELLS LESS HOUSES

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
It was said that RDPD school was the same way.
Call for high limits on cards, pitch more expensive seminar.

Disturbing really.

I think the model is really expected obsolescence as you said in the book. I mean really how many people are going to go do this? Or expected to understand the information?

Not everyone learns the same way...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
They create kind of a cultlike mentality where there's a frenzy going on to purchase these high-priced courses in the back of the room and you feel like you're missing something if you don't buy. There's a formula to it. They create a logical progression and you think that you're going to get your money back in spades. What you don't know is that nearly all of the people creating the frenzy are plants.

N.S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Aug 26, 2013
UK
Sadly we are seeing more & more of this sort of thing in the UK too. I am in the property (Real Estate) industry here (as a business owner :), and yes it is a leveraged & largely automated one that I don't need to work in very much, it just doesn't scale easily) and I have seen these tactics deployed many times. The worst thing is that the losers here are vulnerable people ie those with no financial literacy and those who rarely have the means to find £1000s to pay for these courses - hence the trick of teaching them to raise credit card limits. It really stinks and is morally bankrupt.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
17,000$ on a Trump University program. 35,000$ to learn Trumps secrets.

now that's insane.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Here's an interesting investigative report from Canada..

[video=youtube;HE6nT0oyPt8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE6nT0oyPt8[/video]

[video=youtube;dv6feHB0AE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv6feHB0AE4[/video]

[video=youtube;9iimvyVCEGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iimvyVCEGA[/video]

Looks like Tr*mp has the same model as RK...go figure as they are seen on videos together and "collaborated" on a book or two. Interesting how they are allowed to continue these "workshops".

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
If there was outright deception, that is one thing. But I suspect these are mostly slow lane fools thinking that they can plunk down several grand and get some secret to being rich. Almost like the lottery, then they bitch because they didn't win.

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
No one should be surprised by this. Hey these guys ar smart. They know there is a large segment of people out there looking for the EASY, magic answer to becoming wealthy. They (Trump, RDPD, Armondo) know if they put their name on it people will flock to and pay big money just for a glimpse of how they did it in the hopes that then they (attendees) can do it to.

My moral compass is set a little different and I couldnt in good concious take these peoples money for in essence nothing. Nothing of any real value anyway. But just because I wouldnt do it doesnt mean I neccesarily have an issue with it. They are putting it out there and people are coming and paying their money. I think the responsibility falls on the consumer not the seller. I dont know that they (Trump,RDPD,AM) have dont anything illegal.

This stuff isnt new if you think about it. Quotes like "there's a sucker born every minute", "a fool and his money are soon parted", "never give a sucker an even break" are all old sayings. To me this stuff is the snake oil of its day and even though we live in the information age people will still fall over others to give people their money. Hard to blame those guys if they are taking it. Of course that one caveat being that they didnt break the law.

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
I spent absolutely NOTHING to learn how to fliip houses and do real estate, the BP forum has everything you need and Google has the rest. I can't judge too much because I have been gullible too, not 35k or 17k gullible, but i got got.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I have his audio book!

It's crap. Worthless. Just 1 long advertisement for his university course.

goodfella

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 4, 2013
lol for 20 thousand you could just get a real university degree

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Strange how most of these people claim not to have capital to start a business, but when something like this comes up they somehow shell over thousands just to get a shortcut...

You COULD work, read, and research these things online or from books, or you could pay someone that much money to look for a shortcut to wealth.

It's exactly like you said MJ, people don't really care much for the process if they can have the event without the blood, sweat, and tears...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.