Since we are going through a major rehab after our long term renter moved on I thought I would go ahead and document the process. I am taking a lot of pictures and basically writing the captions below them explaining what I am doing as we go. The house was left completely trashed to the point it took a 20 yard dumpster to remove what was left of her belongings and the demo work we had to do.
My wife and I will be doing 95% of the work on the rehab, so I can show how to do everything and the reader can decide if they are up to it.
I have a couple of ideas in mind.....
1. write an E-book and sell it via Ebay. Very low overhead and little time involved. I would make it an instant download.
2. Actually look for a publisher and try to get it published as a how to guide.
3. Start a subscription site on rehabbing and host the book there.
If you were a beginner what would you want ot know about the rehab process? Lots of step by step pictures on each phase such as sheetrock repaire, hanging doors, Tile and laminate flooring?
The only thing I will not do again is install carpet. That is really not my thing. I can never get it tight enough.
So far I am on chapter 3, sheetorck repair. Lots of pictures but not alot of commentary so far. For me it is so basic that there is not alot to say about gutting a house and assessing damage along with sheet rock repair. This particular house will be reahbbed to sell so some of the things I would do would not apply to a permanent rental property.
Looking for ideas guys and gals
My wife and I will be doing 95% of the work on the rehab, so I can show how to do everything and the reader can decide if they are up to it.
I have a couple of ideas in mind.....
1. write an E-book and sell it via Ebay. Very low overhead and little time involved. I would make it an instant download.
2. Actually look for a publisher and try to get it published as a how to guide.
3. Start a subscription site on rehabbing and host the book there.
If you were a beginner what would you want ot know about the rehab process? Lots of step by step pictures on each phase such as sheetrock repaire, hanging doors, Tile and laminate flooring?
The only thing I will not do again is install carpet. That is really not my thing. I can never get it tight enough.
So far I am on chapter 3, sheetorck repair. Lots of pictures but not alot of commentary so far. For me it is so basic that there is not alot to say about gutting a house and assessing damage along with sheet rock repair. This particular house will be reahbbed to sell so some of the things I would do would not apply to a permanent rental property.
Looking for ideas guys and gals
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
