• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

Write and Re-Write Your Goals Everyday

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by dollarBlogger, Jul 12, 2009.

1. dollarBlogger

dollarBlogger New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $55
    Any Brian Tracy fans out there? I’ve been actively reading/listening to his stuff for about 6 months now. I know, some of his stuff can get a little cheesy, but I think a lot of the things he writes/speaks about are really fantastic. Especially when put into action.

In a few of his programs he talks about writing and re-writing your goals everyday. I’ll be the first to admit I used to only write my yearly goals down, refer to them a few times throughout the year and leave it at that. I decided to take the jump and do what Tracy recommends and am on about day 30. Although I haven’t had any mind-blowing revelations I have definitely been more focused and aware of what I spend my time on. I’m certainly asking myself more often if the particular task I’m doing at that point in time is the best for me to be doing to reach my goals. I've definitely seen enough of a difference in my life to continue doing the exercise.

Below is the goal setting techniques that Tracy talks about in one of his programs that I wrote down and refer to about once a week. I hope it helps you as much as it has me.

Here's the technique....

dB

2. imcmillionaire

imcmillionaire Banned

Rep Bank:
    $5
    I just finished reading your text and i must say that
    i am also an avid brain Tracy reader/listener. His information on how
    just setting goals down and writing them can change any person into
    a success being with a few day.
    Granted it takes belief and consistency, but this is the fact non the less.

BUt dollarblogger, let me ask you a question. When are we suppose to rewrite our goals an how many times a ay are we suppose to do this?

3. dollarBlogger

dollarBlogger New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $55
    Great question imcmillionaire.... I write my goals down everyday first thing in the morning. I don’t think there is necessarily a right or wrong way to do it. I just do it like that because it works best with my schedule. I would say start with something. Anything! Just take action. Like you said, “it takes belief and consistency” and I think you are absolutely right! Try something out for a month or so and if you aren’t seeing results maybe it’s time to up the frequency?

Speaking of goals, a friend sent me an interesting study about 6-9 months ago. I’ve also passed it onto a few friends and think it’s fascinating. It’s about increasing the chances of actually achieving your goals. Here is that document cut and pasted....

dB

Barrister likes this.
  4. Barrister

Barrister PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $21
    I appreciate you posted this quite some time ago, but just out of interest, have you been able to stick to your routine of re-writing your goals daily? How has your progress been since?

Also, do you remember what Brian Tracy book is the excerpt was from?

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.