- Joined
- Aug 12, 2007
- Messages
- 436
Rep Bank
$540
$540
User Power: 14%
So lately I've taken an interest in poker, along with my interests in investing. I also have a big interest in things like finance, mathematics, hedge funds, etc...however one thing I also love is engineering. I do not yet have an engineering degree, but I decided to Google around about engineering. So I started a random Google about electrical engineering, and I end up coming across this article about this electrical engineer receiving a big award for his contributions to the field over the years. He was getting the electrical engineering equivalent of the Nobel Prize I guess you could say, or something like that.
So anyhow, the article quotes him mentioning who some of his mentors were, and one of them was one of the essential founders of certain aspects of the electrical engineering profession (I forget his name). Curious, I Googled this guy and started reading his Wiki article, and it mentions about a book in which some of his exploits into gambling are mentioned, the book being called "Fortune's Formula."
So I check out "Fortune's Formula" and its a book about how this group of professor-geniuses in engineering and mathematics and physics got together to apply information theory to gambling, and then eventually the stock market! They became very successful at gambling, and the book mentions how one of the guys used the system to become a successful hedge-fund manager.
So I mean what irony, I go Googling a subject (electrical engineering), completely un-related to the other subjects that interest me (hedge-funds, gambling, poker, investing, mathematics, etc...) and end up discovering a book about all of these different things.
Fate works in strange ways
So anyhow, the article quotes him mentioning who some of his mentors were, and one of them was one of the essential founders of certain aspects of the electrical engineering profession (I forget his name). Curious, I Googled this guy and started reading his Wiki article, and it mentions about a book in which some of his exploits into gambling are mentioned, the book being called "Fortune's Formula."
So I check out "Fortune's Formula" and its a book about how this group of professor-geniuses in engineering and mathematics and physics got together to apply information theory to gambling, and then eventually the stock market! They became very successful at gambling, and the book mentions how one of the guys used the system to become a successful hedge-fund manager.
So I mean what irony, I go Googling a subject (electrical engineering), completely un-related to the other subjects that interest me (hedge-funds, gambling, poker, investing, mathematics, etc...) and end up discovering a book about all of these different things.
Fate works in strange ways
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
