The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would you use a similar accountability tool?

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hello All,

Just a bit of a rant/question here - I've always been curious if OTHER people would use a tool that I developed for myself that has completely changed my life. Things only worked out for me after I decided to set goals and vision. But not only that - it changed only after I committed to review my goals and vision every morning and every night.

I've taken it a step further - I developed an app for myself that will actually CHARGE my credit card $10 every time I don't open the app and accept the "Terms and Conditions" (goals and expectations) for the life I want. The funds go to charity. The result - I've lost about $100 over the last six months. However, I have forced myself to review my goals over 720 times in the last year, and when you are forced to face your own expectations - you have a hard time making excused.

Do you think it's something that could help people, or is it addressing a symptom instead of the cause?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SWSSMSS

Cause I'm "Hot Chocolate"
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 13, 2018
New Jersey
I was actually thinking of doing something similar. Every day I write down my goals and I write them down with rewards and punishments but once or twice I didn't follow through on the punishments and I wished there was something that could always be accountable.

The problem with mine is that it'd be hard to keep track of the goals, but if the goal of your app is only to make the user spend time looking at their goals, then that would be much easier to execute.

So I think it's a good idea, and it's definitely something I'd use

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
Hello All,

Just a bit of a rant/question here - I've always been curious if OTHER people would use a tool that I developed for myself that has completely changed my life. Things only worked out for me after I decided to set goals and vision. But not only that - it changed only after I committed to review my goals and vision every morning and every night.

I've taken it a step further - I developed an app for myself that will actually CHARGE my credit card $10 every time I don't open the app and accept the "Terms and Conditions" (goals and expectations) for the life I want. The funds go to charity. The result - I've lost about $100 over the last six months. However, I have forced myself to review my goals over 720 times in the last year, and when you are forced to face your own expectations - you have a hard time making excused.

Do you think it's something that could help people, or is it addressing a symptom instead of the cause?

I like how you found a way for it to cause some form of pain if you keep your commitment.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hello All,

It is honestly pretty cool

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Never heard of stickK, it's very cool. Rep + @AgainstAllOdds

I've heard of the weight loss betting sites but not for other goals. I understand the appeal, you bet let's say $400 you'll lose 30 pounds in x amount of time and if you do, you get your $400 back plus some other % based on the body fat lost. Most people are motivated by money so it works

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Never heard of stickK, it's very cool. Rep + @AgainstAllOdds

I've heard of the weight loss betting sites but not for other goals. I understand the appeal, you bet let's say $400 you'll lose 30 pounds in x amount of time and if you do, you get your $400 back plus some other % based on the body fat lost. Most people are motivated by money so it works
I've thought of services like this before but how do you know the person isn't just saying they did X? I like daily goal review because you either do it or you don't.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I've thought of services like this before but how do you know the person isn't just saying they did X? I like daily goal review because you either do it or you don't.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

From the weight loss betting sites-- I remember them requiring very detailed before and after pictures. Same clothes, same location with good lighting and even a video sometimes (hard to photoshop the scale in a video I guess). It's usually pretty apparent if you take a photo of someone at 180 and then a picture 4 months later at 125. But for other goals, yes I can see it getting sticky. I have my goals everyday but if a client calls and something is a rush then I do that because it's more important to me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.