The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would you be so kind to help an Unscripted Amateur?

DO! Nj

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 30, 2017
Philippines
Hi! Good day from the Philippines!

When I was a kid my dream was to become like my father. Working in a corporate Job, become a boss,getting promotions and all those stuff. The idea of working from 9 to 5 everyday for 6 weeks for a 1 dayrest was not an issue for me (in my country some of the companies require you to work until saturday with overtime pay). I thought it was normal - since everybody do that.

Now I grew up - 27 years old, married with two wonderful kids.
And I achieved what I am dreaming for - I have a great job, got promoted 4 times in my 8 years of career, being admired by jobless people in my community. Going different places and countries as part of my job. Ahh, this is the dream.... I thought!

I am very much happy with my job, it brings food on the table - provides clothing, school needs of my kids and other things that we all enjoy. But slowly, I can feel something is wrong.

1) My work is 9 to 5, but I have to leave at 6 to make sure that I can make it at 9 because of the traffic. And you think I can leave at 5 from the office? No, sometimes I need to stay until 6 (another traffic) I will be home at 9 (or 8 if lucky).

2) I am not a saint - but in the office you can meet worst people. Yeah, and I don't want to elaborate - I can't find the right words.

3) My kids always asks - when can I take my leave, because they want me to bring and pick them up from school. (I can't, too busy in the office)

4) My wife sometimes request that I take a 1 month leave, so we can go to their province and have a vacation for 1 month. (Uhmm, let's see if my boss approves....and I don't want to give her hope)

I can go on for 5, 6 ,7 ,8 ,9 10... 100... 301 or so on for more, but I believe you already getting it.

I said, I felt something wrong...but the problem is - I don't know what it is! So I do some research.

And I discovered ENTREPRENEURSHIP!

Whoah, entrepreneurship! What was that??

I don't have any business background, or know anyone who does - I told you all I know is the word JOB (even my family).

By doing more research - I found the name @MJ DeMarco - And before I knew it, I have read "The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted ".

BOOM!!!! Problem identified. Cured?? Not yet....

And so to make it fast for you (no more story telling) - I am now doing the transition.... whooohh, scary... but I need to do this.

And I NEED YOUR HELP!!

My idea is to start as a career coach - helping other employees to succeed in their career. I will help them on how to get Job promotions or build their brand, etc. (since this is the only thing I knew that I'm good at - I told you I am not a businessman, I AM AN EMPLOYEE, so I chose to start from here....)
My dream before is to become successful in the corporate world - so I spent time studying the skills I needed to achieve that from - Body Language, work ethic, communication skills, etc. These are the things I want to teach other people....

Now, my MAIN concern is this - "I WANT TO ESCAPE THE CORPORATE WORLD AND YET MY CHOSEN NICHE IS TO TEACH OTHER PEOPLE STAY ON THAT WORLD??" I feel that there is kind of "Selfishness" in there.... Do you think it is right for me to pursue this? As someone who is an amateur when it comes to the business world I need your guidance...

I feel confident that this is the right place for me.... Thank you in advance!!!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Welcome to the forum @DO! Nj. I hope you succeed in your fastlane journey.

I was asking myself the same question about you teaching people to lived the corporate life when you want to escape it as I was reading your story. Then I thought for a moment. The world has to have worker bees. Not everyone can be an entrepreneur. Not everyone wants to. Most people simply do not have the risk tolerance to take a chance at business. There are so many people in this world who are happy and comfortable living a scripted life. Those are your customers.

If you can provide them with some sort of value by helping them to achieve that then I say go for it. The only challenge I see you having is believing in your own service and being able to sell it. If you don't believe it has value then how would you expect other to? As long as you see that you are giving them what they want (market demand) and can be excited about that you should have no problem.

DO! Nj

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 30, 2017
Philippines

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Welcome to the forum @DO! Nj!

While you try to find your way in entrepreneurship, is there a way to cut down that commute in the mean-time?

Move to a house closer to the office?

Get a different job closer to home?

I can't stand to drive 8 minutes to my warehouse, much less a 2-3 hour ordeal to get to work.

You're going to need some spare time to get something entrepreneurial off the ground. Right now, you have none.

Not to mention, your kids need you around.

Last edited:

DO! Nj

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 30, 2017
Philippines
Welcome to the forum @DO! Nj. I hope you succeed in your fastlane journey.

I was asking myself the same question about you teaching people to lived the corporate life when you want to escape it as I was reading your story. Then I thought for a moment. The world has to have worker bees. Not everyone can be an entrepreneur. Not everyone wants to. Most people simply do not have the risk tolerance to take a chance at business. There are so many people in this world who are happy and comfortable living a scripted life. Those are your customers.

If you can provide them with some sort of value by helping them to achieve that then I say go for it. The only challenge I see you having is believing in your own service and being able to sell it. If you don't believe it has value then how would you expect other to? As long as you see that you are giving them what they want (market demand) and can be excited about that you should have no problem.
Thank you @RobD88 I like your feedback!
Yes! I absolutely Agree with you, not all will become entrepreneur eventually... There are so many courses helping wanna be entrepreneur - so who will help the people who want to stay in the corporate world? I AM!!!

And also, thank you for bringing up the importance of VALUE... as of now I am preparing a facebook post (to check also if employed people are interested) on how corporate employees are stucked, where do they struggle, how to get noticed and impressed their bosses... I will include substantial information that they can use already and see the result.. I am not sure on how to properly do it - but I will post it anyway and wait for the feedback.

You said that you were asking the same thing, is it because you also tried to become a career coach to employed people? Again, thank you very much @RobD88 for giving time to my post!

DO! Nj

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 30, 2017
Philippines
Welcome to the forum @DO! Nj!

While you try to find your way in entrepreneurship, is there a way to cut down that commute in the mean-time?

Move to a house closer to the office?

Get a different job closer to home?

I can't stand to drive 8 minutes to my warehouse, much less a 2-3 hour ordeal to get to work.

You're going to need some spare time to get something entrepreneurial off the ground. Right now, you have none. Not to mention, your kids need you around.
Wazzup @amp0193 ! Yeah 2-3 hours everyday was no FUN....

And Thank you for your suggestions....
There's a lot to consider before I move to a closer house - My kids school is near my house (they will be the one to suffer if we move) and I already bought our home now and will finish paying it after 2 more years. Renting a house near the office will be problem with our budget...:playful:

Getting a new job will make it harder for me to focus on being an entrepreneur... Right now I am more comfortable with my job, finding a new one will forced me to adjust mentally, physically and socially. I want to focus my energy now to my job (since this is where I get my income) and building a business (physically and mentally)...

Regarding the time,... I forgot to mention that I only work from Mon-Fri, I can dedicate my Saturday to my business.... and whole Sunday for my Family.

Again thank you for your insights @amp0193 ... I knew it from the start that I will be having a great conversation with great minds here.....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.