The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would Take Me Up On This Partnership If I Offered It To You?

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
I run a small consulting business that does really well with a small, well-established client base. The next level for me is to start selling products, so I will be expanding my client/customer list to include a larger number of people who buy information products. In order to get into the information product business, my idea is to tap into the existing customer bases of other marketers who are already selling these types of products. Here's my plan:

I've created the first product I want to sell. I've verified demand, and I'm certain the offer will be compelling. My plan is to meet up with a handful of other marketers I know and give them a copy of the product. If they like it, I will give them the website, etc...everything they need to market and process orders to sell the product to their existing customer base. Since this particular product is currently digital, and the marketing is all done online, it will take them a bit of time to market the product to their customers, but it will cost them nothing, and they get to keep everything they earn from the sales. They get 100% of the revenue from the product sales, and I of course, get all the opt-ins and customers that are earned, enabling me to market my future products to them down the road.

If I approached you with this type of scenario, what objections or concerns would you have? What could be done to improve and/or make the offer more appealing to you? Would you do it?

I'm hitting the road shortly to meet these potential partners, so I want to make sure I bring an offer that's pretty much impossible to turn down ;) To be clear, my goal is not to make money on this deal. I have a profitable client base, but products are different. I need to sell a much higher number, and people who buy consulting and people who buy information products are not always the same people. My goal is to tap into the information product business and build a list. That's it. Any thoughts are most appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Well in this case, the marketers would already have the opt-ins, as they're selling to their existing customer base.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Any feedback is most appreciated ;) I really respect you all on this forum. Is this offer a total no-brainer, or are there any holes in it...any concerns you'd be willing to hit me with? Thx all.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I don't pretend to be some internet marketing guru but I know who gets the list seems to be the biggest deal to real marketers. Just like any business, without the list there is no business. No income, no revenue. Obviously you understand this point so making it win-win for them seems to be a great idea. I can't really see any snags unless 1. your potential partners see it as a too-good-to-be true deal and think you're scamming them. And 2. if you do not have your sales funnel or system in place to serve these customers NOW then you shouldn't be trying to get customers yet.

Good luck!

Davidla

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
The incentives for this sound good.
But they will make them wonder what you are getting from this deal.

Were you planning on telling them what you are getting out of it? (their client lists)

Last edited:

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Thanks :) I appreciate the feedback. Yes, I'm certainly in the position to do right by any customers generated by this deal...I would never take them for granted; these guys worked hard to build their business, and they're not gonna do a promotion just to make a few bucks. They will need to make sure they're promoting a product they believe in, backed by a business owner they trust. I've talked with most of these people before; I think the trust is there.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
The incentives for this sound good.
But the they will make them wonder what you are getting from this deal.

Were you planning on telling them what you are getting out of it? (their client lists)

Yes Davidla, what I gain is customers. I am not in a position of needing to make money from this deal, but expanding my customer base will enable me to sell more to these people in the future. As KungFuSteve aptly pointed out, your list is your business. If it grows my list, then that's a great value to me.

My hope is that by giving my partners an awesome deal, we'll be able to do it again in the future on occasion :)

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
First offer is today, and I will head out in a couple weeks to meet several more. Will def keep the Fastlane posted. Rock on :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.