I run a small consulting business that does really well with a small, well-established client base. The next level for me is to start selling products, so I will be expanding my client/customer list to include a larger number of people who buy information products. In order to get into the information product business, my idea is to tap into the existing customer bases of other marketers who are already selling these types of products. Here's my plan:
I've created the first product I want to sell. I've verified demand, and I'm certain the offer will be compelling. My plan is to meet up with a handful of other marketers I know and give them a copy of the product. If they like it, I will give them the website, etc...everything they need to market and process orders to sell the product to their existing customer base. Since this particular product is currently digital, and the marketing is all done online, it will take them a bit of time to market the product to their customers, but it will cost them nothing, and they get to keep everything they earn from the sales. They get 100% of the revenue from the product sales, and I of course, get all the opt-ins and customers that are earned, enabling me to market my future products to them down the road.
If I approached you with this type of scenario, what objections or concerns would you have? What could be done to improve and/or make the offer more appealing to you? Would you do it?
I'm hitting the road shortly to meet these potential partners, so I want to make sure I bring an offer that's pretty much impossible to turn down
To be clear, my goal is not to make money on this deal. I have a profitable client base, but products are different. I need to sell a much higher number, and people who buy consulting and people who buy information products are not always the same people. My goal is to tap into the information product business and build a list. That's it. Any thoughts are most appreciated.
I've created the first product I want to sell. I've verified demand, and I'm certain the offer will be compelling. My plan is to meet up with a handful of other marketers I know and give them a copy of the product. If they like it, I will give them the website, etc...everything they need to market and process orders to sell the product to their existing customer base. Since this particular product is currently digital, and the marketing is all done online, it will take them a bit of time to market the product to their customers, but it will cost them nothing, and they get to keep everything they earn from the sales. They get 100% of the revenue from the product sales, and I of course, get all the opt-ins and customers that are earned, enabling me to market my future products to them down the road.
If I approached you with this type of scenario, what objections or concerns would you have? What could be done to improve and/or make the offer more appealing to you? Would you do it?
I'm hitting the road shortly to meet these potential partners, so I want to make sure I bring an offer that's pretty much impossible to turn down
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
