The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would Sales and Marketing Training help me?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I'm curious... Right now I have 4 rental houses. I am also a school teacher(people skills) working everyday to acquire more property. Would sales and marketing help me? I have only had to interview about a dozen people so far for tenancies. I feel very awkward during these interviews. I don't want to convince(sell) someone to rent a unit from me if it's not a good fit. So, tell me, how would or would it benefit me to attend those types of training? What exactly do you learn when you attend that type of training?:cheers:

Greg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
Usually you learn that if you part with more money to attend the next class, then they will teach you everything you need to know. These sort of things are usually an opportunity for the promoter to upsell you something. If you are a teacher chances are very good that your people skills are good enough. If not, I don't know of any class that effectively teaches people skills to adults. Most of our social tendencies are established early in life. If you have shortcomings that you are aware of just save your money and make a conscious effort to work on them.

Last edited:

RAiMA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 24, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Everyone is selling something in general whether they know it or not. It's not only limited to products and services, but extends out to ideas, beleifs, values, feeling, etc.

The way I see it, it's improving communication skills which is always a good thing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.