• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Would Sales and Marketing Training help me?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Runum, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Runum

Runum Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,650
    I'm curious... Right now I have 4 rental houses. I am also a school teacher(people skills) working everyday to acquire more property. Would sales and marketing help me? I have only had to interview about a dozen people so far for tenancies. I feel very awkward during these interviews. I don't want to convince(sell) someone to rent a unit from me if it's not a good fit. So, tell me, how would or would it benefit me to attend those types of training? What exactly do you learn when you attend that type of training?:cheers:

Greg

2. tbsells

tbsells Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    Usually you learn that if you part with more money to attend the next class, then they will teach you everything you need to know. These sort of things are usually an opportunity for the promoter to upsell you something. If you are a teacher chances are very good that your people skills are good enough. If not, I don't know of any class that effectively teaches people skills to adults. Most of our social tendencies are established early in life. If you have shortcomings that you are aware of just save your money and make a conscious effort to work on them.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  3. RAiMA

RAiMA New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $67
    Everyone is selling something in general whether they know it or not. It's not only limited to products and services, but extends out to ideas, beleifs, values, feeling, etc.

The way I see it, it's improving communication skills which is always a good thing.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.