The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would like some honest feedback on social media site

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Genium

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 6, 2013
A social media site with a purpose. We've been launched for one month now, and I would like to know what you all think :) Any kind of feedback; negative or positive, is good.

http://www.iamacreativ.com/about/

Thank you all

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
1. Weren't you selling knives?

2. Personally, another social media site isn't something I'd be interested in

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Love, love the video. I believe it will appeal to creatives however I'm not sure what benefits I get for being a part of the site.

It looks you're part of a larger team that has put this together. How much time are you devoting to this project? How did you come to be involved in it?

EDIT: I just revisited the site again and there are now more items in your menu. There were only "About", "Team" and "Terms" when I visited earlier. So, I've learned more but still not 100% clear as to why I should join.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
I don't understand what it actually IS. The about pop-up thing has a logo for some kind of charitable organization. But other than a bunch of esoteric stuff about "creatives", it doesn't tell me what I would use the site for. What is "the movement"? A movement for what?

Is it supposed to be something like Behance.net, Village Block, Toad Square, or TheCreativeFinder.com?

I mean it sort of seems like it might be kinda cool, from some of the screenshots in the Show Me More popups, and the design is kinda neat, and the logo is awesome, but the the site is totally unclear as to what it actually is or does or why I should use it....

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
It looks like you are trying to build a social media site off a generic parallax scrolling theme.

What the benefits? Why would I sign up? There is zero value prop on this.

Rerun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 7, 2012
I get it. A social media site for creative people. Not sure, but isn't that kind of what MySpace is trying to do now?

Nice site, and the video is kick a$$.

When you click the "learn more" button the Youtube video is still overlaying the screen, so I can't see what that screen is. Probably any easy fix with your css file (z-index).

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
The video is cool, only problem I have is I don't understand what your selling or offering. You say " creative" alot during the video but it tells me nothing. Also the learn more section tells me nothing. If I stumbled upon your website I'm not sure I would have ever watched the video.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Sweet video...a bit long for most I think but very cool. Where did you have the video done ? I'm creating one for my site. Using Adobe Premier Pro.
I think I get it. I'm a creative person, I join, set up and show off and share my work with the world. Share, inspire, get inspired.

I didn't scroll down my first visit...I'm thinking this may happen a lot with most people. Maybe you should have an arrow and tell them to look down...

The text on the light blue page is difficult to read as is the text on the tan below that.
How do you plan on monetizing ?

Genium

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 6, 2013
Wow, lots of responses, really quick. I will try to address all the questions at once.

1. My knife company is my primary focus, not this site. It isn't my creation, I work on the team and the founders are good friends. I'm devoting 40 hours per week to this, as it's my primary job. Just wanted to start doing more research into making it better, and I know you guys are awesome people to ask. You find the problems and that's perfect.

2. It looks like the video is getting a great reaction, which is cool. It was shot in Scottsdale, AZ.

3. The most common theme here is no one knows what it is.. Hmm, I think if its coming up that much, then this landing page is not clear enough. I wonder if that's why we have almost 170,000 Facebook likes and not even close to the same amount of signups.

We are a platform that allows people not only to share their creative content, but to build a profile/portal that resembles a website, but has a badass drag and drop system thats fully custom and easy to use. It's like Behance, but instead of showing and getting work, it brings people together socially. there are also a lot more benefits: full, in-depth stats panel...soon, etsy will be integrated so people can sell their work on the [CREATIV] marketplace...there is an awesome credits system...many more things.

The site is A LOT more advanced than the landing page you all saw. When you sign up, its a whole different world. The landing page is a lot more about the [CREATIV] movement we are trying to build, and less about the actual platform.

4. I reccomend signing up as a [CREATIV] if you are, or as an "Explorer" of creativity. Then you'll see the true potential, and probably bring up more problems haha.

whiteeclipse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
May 9, 2013
Orlando, FL
Cool video, interesting concept but doesn't explain how to use the website and how it works.

Landing page is cool which shows what it's all about but I want to see the website itself how people are using it and I don't want to sign up just to see how this social site works.

What would really help if people used their facebook account to login.

LeungJan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 8, 2013
I don't instantly get what the site is for when I hit it, also you need to sort out your line height on the text. Google vertical rhythm.

MooreMillions

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 16, 2008
Atlanta
Super creative idea, of course!

Had no idea what the Unique Selling Position of the site was until you came in here and explained it.

The etsy add on, I believe, will be a nice edition.

If you are trending towards integrating platforms, then logging in with a facebook, or instagram, maybe pinterest feeds would be nice for those that are creative, maybe ebay, but I just don't want it to become "that" type of site.

You are definitely, definitely on to something. I spend quite a bit of time on Linkedin and freelancing (i.e. creatives) is beginning to be taken very, very seriously in the corporate marketplace over the traditional 9 to 5.

If you can qualify and quantify that information to translate into creatives having a solid platform to express, and pick up a larger client base to boot, you might just be on to something.

The video was great.

It had exactly the feel that it was suppose to have!

Next time you need a voice for video, PM me!

Temerity

Purveyor of Fine Mouthwash Goods
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 23, 2013
Boston
Things I like about it:

1) The design. Unique, eye-catching, professional. As a professional web developer myself, I can tell your team put a lot of thought into it. I'm on a 17 inch laptop. It stretches across the screen nicely. Fonts are nice, clean layout.

2) Logo is distinctive and works in lieu of its theme.

Things I'm not so sure about:

1) Like other folks, I don't get a clear idea of what the site is about. I do get an impression - that it is for people who like creating things, but that is such a broad impression as to mean little.

2) Would I join it? Not sure. I'm a musician, but don't necessarily feel a pull to join.

By the way, I haven't watched the video, have run out of time - but I will and can provide more feedback later on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.