The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

World Financial Group (MLM/Pyramid Scheme)

Shabeer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Where do I begin?

So, my brother is 17-years-old, and we both have identical mindsets and goals we have set out to achieve in life. He has a job as a salesman for the Globe and Mail (a newspaper company) and was doing very well. He called this one lady who loved him as a salesman, but didn't want the product. She took down his number and called him as soon as he finished work that day. Long story short, this woman recruited my brother to WFC (World Financial Group). This company loved my brother, and asked him if he knew anyone with a similar mindset to him (he isn't technically old enough to work with them yet). He said me, and now we are here.

I paid the $145 fee to start with the company. And attended one of their events yesterday - where they sold almost 3000 people a dream and made promises that made me shake my head in disbelief.

I am now with them, and I am not sure whether this is a good opportunity or another pyramid scheme that I should get the hell away from. I remember a lot of key notes from the millionaire fast lane regarding slow lane dogma like this business. But I wanted to here from you guys, and maybe MJ himself, or anyone else who may have worked with WFG before. I have a feeling that I could make lots of money with this system, but I am not entirely sure, based on the people I have encountered from WFG so far. Me and my brother both read the millionaire fastlane and wanted to come here to ask for guidance/help/advice. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
I am guessing these guys pitch mutual funds and insurance with an MLM recruiting structure?

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
I randomly met a nice lady in a shoe store once who tried to recruit me into this group. It's a classic MLM scam. Stay away. They want you to believe that you will do well with them. The truth is 99% of the people who join these types of MLM's end up making pennies.

Put your efforts into building your own business. If you have the determination and grit to do well within the constraints of an MLM scam, then imagine what you can do on your own terms. Don't waste your time on them.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
With all the threads on this forum regarding MLM and the clear disdain MJ displays in his book about MLM, I'm surprised (not surprised) threads like this pop up from time to time.

#thisisapyramidscheme

Laughingman21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 7, 2015
As you only signed up yesterday, you could find out if there's a cooling off period. Here in the UK, it's a legal requirement to have a 7 day cooling off period for some of these types of things so you can get your money back if you change your mind.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This forum: 1+1 = 2
My first book: 1+1 = 2
My second book: 1+1 = 2
My 100+ posts on the topic: 1+1 = 2

Gee, XYZ says 1+1 = 3.

What does MJ think?

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
Always go with your gut feeling.

Success never comes easy, and if someone starts spouting nonsense about how you could easily make $XXX,XXX/year, run.

Jav100

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 20, 2016
When I was out of work, a distant cousin of mine called me out of the blue and became more friendly. I told him I wanted to start a business. He said he had a bus opportunity for me, over the phone. I asked him what kind of business but he would not give details. He said to come over his house and we will talk there.

So I go over the house and he has a few other people there and then he says let's watch a video - it was a promotional video for some MLM company selling consumer goods and they needed people to help them sell

Long story short, after 10 minutes I just stood up, being infuriated I had wasted my time driving and going there and politely left.

Never talked to that cousin again. I was more upset that he would waste a family members time. But he really bought into the stupidity.

Lesson learned: never waste your time if you don't have an idea what the meeting or business is truly about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Where do I begin?

So, my brother is 17-years-old, and we both have identical mindsets and goals we have set out to achieve in life. He has a job as a salesman for the Globe and Mail (a newspaper company) and was doing very well. He called this one lady who loved him as a salesman, but didn't want the product. She took down his number and called him as soon as he finished work that day. Long story short, this woman recruited my brother to WFC (World Financial Group). This company loved my brother, and asked him if he knew anyone with a similar mindset to him (he isn't technically old enough to work with them yet). He said me, and now we are here.

I paid the $145 fee to start with the company. And attended one of their events yesterday - where they sold almost 3000 people a dream and made promises that made me shake my head in disbelief.

I am now with them, and I am not sure whether this is a good opportunity or another pyramid scheme that I should get the hell away from. I remember a lot of key notes from the millionaire fast lane regarding slow lane dogma like this business. But I wanted to here from you guys, and maybe MJ himself, or anyone else who may have worked with WFG before. I have a feeling that I could make lots of money with this system, but I am not entirely sure, based on the people I have encountered from WFG so far. Me and my brother both read the millionaire fastlane and wanted to come here to ask for guidance/help/advice. Thanks.
Sounds like a classic pyramid scheme from the way you describe it

Consider the $150 a fairly inexpensive education & run the other way. Congratulations on figuring it out early!

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
This forum: 1+1 = 2
My first book: 1+1 = 2
My second book: 1+1 = 2
My 100+ posts on the topic: 1+1 = 2

Gee, XYZ says 1+1 = 3.

What does MJ think?
Anything is possible? :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.