The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

World Cup 2014 - Who are you picking?

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
I believe they are in the right hands with Jurgen Klinsman. Hes shown hes not afraid of big decisions in terms of leaving out Donovan who has been Americas top performer in previous competitions. Plus tactically hes always positive and promotes attacking football.
The team work they showed tonight with tracking back and closing down was great. Beasley was bombing up the wings but Jones dropping back several times to cover his position.
Im definitely going to be going over to New York next year to see the NYCFC game. Will be exciting especially in the summer break here next year could see a few Man City players over there training , on loan etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
I like their positive style of playing.
My estimate was that they've grown since I saw them at previous World Cups.

That comes from their coach. He's brings a winning mindset to the table. I understood exactly what he was doing when he said that the US would win against Ghana. He obviously can't know such a thing, but it's the psychology of belief at work. Sadly, I don't think they're going to have any magic against Germany.

D

DeletedUser394

Brazil looked weak. Lackluster defending, boring offense.

Good on Mexico and especially Ocha.

This World Cup just keeps getting better!

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
I'm Dutch but the current Dutch team doesn't appeal to me at all, no personalities and they all look like criminals. Coach Louis van Gaal is an irritating xxxxoxe.

I would root for Germany.

Amschel, I agree with you that many of the Dutch players look like criminals with their tattooed arms, hands, fingers, legs, necks, etc.
However, I still hope that they will surprise the world on the soccer field.

As to Louis van Gaal: he is an *** but he definitely is one of the best soccer coaches.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
Amschel, I agree with you that many of the Dutch players look like criminals with their tattooed arms, hands, fingers, legs, necks, etc.
However, I still hope that they will surprise the world on the soccer field.

As to Louis van Gaal: he is an *** but he definitely is one of the best soccer coaches.

Van Gaal is a master tactician and because of his personality I think he is underrated.

He is up against guys like Scolari who coaches Brazil this time (Portugal in 2006).

Scolari is a guy with a XXL bag of dirty tricks and who has read Sun Tzu's "The Art of War". I hope Van Gaal understands that football is war and total football means total war.

D

DeletedUser394

and I thought about it, the only reason Mexico is in the World Cup is because the USA scored an unnecessary goal against Panama which saved Mexico and got them into a playoff with New Zealand. Then Mexico goes on to draw with the tournament favorite in their homeland... You couldn't make this stuff up haha.

D

DeletedUser394

3 teams can be eliminated today.

If Netherlands beats Australia and Chile beats Spain, then Australia and Spain are out.

Whoever loses in Croatia vs Cameroon is eliminated, unless they draw.

Jimmyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 19, 2013
Belgium were disappointing the other day. Great players but setting up with 4 CB's, a DM and no one in the middle who can pick a pass is not the way to go

shields88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 1, 2013
been a great world cup so far. my pick to win before the tournament kicked off was germany.

hopefully england can win tomorrow or theres a good chance we won't get out the group stages

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Van Gaal is a master tactician and because of his personality I think he is underrated.

He is up against guys like Scolari who coaches Brazil this time (Portugal in 2006).

Scolari is a guy with a XXL bag of dirty tricks and who has read Sun Tzu's "The Art of War". I hope Van Gaal understands that football is war and total football means total war.

After the magnificent second half against Spain last Friday, today, the Dutch team played a mediocre match against Australia and we are lucky to have won this match.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
After the magnificent second half against Spain last Friday, today, the Dutch team played a mediocre match against Australia and we are lucky to have won this match.

Well, this match could easily have been ruined by the negative Australian way of playing combined with blatant referee bias.

(The referee team was from Algeria. It is through buying off these third world countries that Sepp Blatter is winning his next term as FIFA president).

Kudos to the Dutch team that they still managed to wring out a win. In any case they have qualified themselves for the knock out phase.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
In any case they have qualified themselves for the knock out phase.

Technically they still haven't clinched. Spain and Chile could both get 6 points then it just comes to goal differential. But yeah, in all likelihood they just moved on to the next round as the 5-1 will be tough to overcome for Spain.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
I told ya! This team needs some minor changes, it's burnt out.
Not the case of burnt out its just not moved on from Tika Taka.
They dont really have a strike force fair enough Diego Costa but he plays in a team that suits him in Atletico where as the Spain team resembles the Barca way and is constant passing and moving.
Look at most teams now of days high pressure when they loose the ball and counter attacking football seems to be working ideal at the moment.
The Germans should go far their team is skillful , disciplined and has a good depth to the full squad.
Croatians are looking good as I said earlier I fancy them to do well.

Anyone else have any bets on the World Cup so far?

Gruby Phil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Dec 12, 2011
Poland
I'm still very impressed by Italy and England. Germany was good but it's hard to say where they are because Portugal wasn't much of challenge that day. So right now I would bet my money on Italy.

Edwin C

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 14, 2014
I'm hoping England will win. Mainly because of Steven Gerrard. I'm a Liverpool fan for a long time and would love to see him lift the cup. The England squad shows a lot of promise and if they can get into rhythm and sync with each other, I think they are a formidable team. They may not win this time but if this young guys continue on, they may be a force to be reckoned with in the next WC!

Jimmyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 19, 2013
Well, this match could easily have been ruined by the negative Australian way of playing combined with blatant referee bias.

(The referee team was from Algeria. It is through buying off these third world countries that Sepp Blatter is winning his next term as FIFA president).

Kudos to the Dutch team that they still managed to wring out a win. In any case they have qualified themselves for the knock out phase.

Whaaaat, the Aussies played great footy! I was really surprised by them

D

DeletedUser394

Costa Rica has a real chance of beating England lmao. Don't think they'll beat Italy, but you never know.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
what a game between Germany & Ghana!!

Remarkable. I've never seen a match at a World Championship that was so open and full of scoring opportunities on both sides.

And both sides fought for what they were worth.

This is a great tournament so far.

G

GuestUser113

Remarkable. I've never seen a match at a World Championship that was so open and full of scoring opportunities on both sides.

And both sides fought for what they were worth.

This is a great tournament so far.

I'm not a huge soccer fan. After watching that, I'm hooked! I'm excited to see if the usa can advance now.

D

DeletedUser394

They need to add reviews on scoring plays. Bosnia scored one of the most beautiful goals of the tournament so far, yet they were denied by a blatantly incorrect call from the line judge.

They are now out of the tournament for one person's mistake.

There is no accountability in association football. It's okay to make mistakes, but the team must have an opportunity to challenge a call.

American/Canadian football gets a bad rap, but in this respect they get it right. It is understood that people make mistakes, but each team has multiple opportunities to challenge a ruling.

Rugby is even more thorough. You get to hear the discussion between the refs, and the players, and the extra officiating crew that reviews the plays. It is 100% transparent and fair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.